Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do we think we will have a deal finalised and we will leave before October? Anything could occur at this point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we think we will have a deal finalised and we will leave before October? Anything could occur at this point.

It seems like the government is hoping everybody forgets about Brexit over the Summer so it can crack on like nothing has happened in September.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You really do struggle to understand politics, don't you.

When they find this mythical 'third option' that has obviously been in hiding for the last 3 years, I will gladly add it to my question. Just publish it and 'mention' me in the post and I'll happily add it. Unfortunately in the meantime, I think adding a third option of 'no idea but it resolves everything' would probably just attract some quite justifiable ridicule, so I'll stick with

Customs Union or Hard Border ?

How Ironic ... you haven't noticed it's in the EU's and the Irish political interests to claim the only options are customs union or hard border and dismissing all alternatives setting us up for the next phase of negotiations where remaing in a customs union is the default option. With the threat of an accidental no deal on the horizon they suddenly start looking for the solutions they said weren't there and say they can be found .... sucker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What links are you referring to?

The ones holding the cuffs of his shirt sleeves together? ???

links.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Amazing what a bit of deadline pressure can do to long-standing negotiating positions. As no deal looks far less likely now the 'opertional solutions' should be less challenging once a new trade arrangement has been finalised.

Never mind your fantasies in regards to the non existent solutions to the Irish border and, I think The M20 returning to normal and Operation Brock being ended shows you what's going to happen - At least on current thinking and unless and until some right wing toff who loves The UK so much he wants to turn it into Singapore becomes PM.

(£30m wasted and 89 lorries and a dustcart on a January morning - never mind direct rule for Northern Ireland and everything that would entail, that's 'real deadline pressure' there to show them we were serious. :lolol: )

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It seems like the government is hoping everybody forgets about Brexit over the Summer so it can crack on like nothing has happened in September.

That’d be nice. A couple of years down the line somebody in Parliament asks

“did we? Wasn’t there a Brexit thing a while back? I seem to recall something. I wonder what happened there”

“Oh that, not much came of that. Dodged a bullet there”

Oh, one can dream.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh FFS, you do like to ramp up the deflection nonsense after you've been owned. He's absolutely right and I don't see why you're lying about it.

Onto Brexit. Does anyone see this six month extension making a blind bit of difference? I don't, because it feels that nobody is incentivised to move on their positions. It seems to me that the obvious solution is for a soft Brexit because that is the only thing that can be agreed. A full-on no deal has no mandate whatsoever and repealing article 50 is undemocratic.

I wish our MPs would just get on with putting together the obvious fudge.

2 week recess for the ERG to plot their next move, though it is rumoured that quite a few members have left the group. Mogg probably hasn't had as many people quit under his chairmanship as May has under her leadership though.
The break might be a good thing as the press should not have any reasons to shout Traitor and they can all calm down a bit, maybe some clearer thinking will emerge.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What links are you referring to?

Read back through my posts (a few pages back).

Since he doesn't want to help, these are the links [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] is quoting.

You may find when reading them however, that your summary may differ from JCFGs :wink:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never mind your fantasies in regards to the non existent solutions to the Irish border and, I think The M20 returning to normal and Operation Brock being ended shows you what's going to happen - At least on current thinking and unless and until some right wing toff who loves The UK so much he wants to turn it into Singapore becomes PM.

(£30m wasted and 89 lorries and a dustcart on a January morning - never mind direct rule for Northern Ireland and everything that would entail, that's 'real deadline pressure' there to show them we were serious. :lolol: )

It's a shame that we're throwing all this money down the shitter on Brexit when it could have been spent on the NHS, or Polar Bears or Flood Defences in Yorkshire........

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, but to keep asking and asking the same thing over and over is ridiculous. I had stated what I would do, I would give N.Ireland independence and let them choose what to do with their border. WO may not like the answer and fair enough he is free to disagree, but he is simply arguing for the sake of it. It is immensely frustrating that the will of the English people is beholden to the Scots and Irish who voted to remain. Equally, I have sympathy to the Scots and Irish who must be frustrated by the almost 2 million majority for leave in England. Independence would seem to solve a lot of the problem as N.Ireland may be able to remain in the EU and operate under similar conditions.

Can we separate London from the UK too? Population greater than Scotland, majority remain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheers, thanks for your non cooperation. Having now read the links, there seems there is no concrete plans, just ideas. Bit like finding a cure for the common cold. People have been seeking it for centuries but none available!!!
Of course there are no concrete plans, they've been working on possible options. I'm happy to take any bets that they find a solution (should one be needed) before anyone finds a cure for the common cold (and you've had a few centuries head-start).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course there are no concrete plans, they've been working on possible options. I'm happy to take any bets that they find a solution (should one be needed) before anyone finds a cure for the common cold (and you've had a few centuries head-start).

There were two solutions the day after the referendum (I bet you can guess what they are), but it seems that in the 3 years since, no one in Ireland, Britain or the EU has managed to come up with an alternative solution, unless they are have kept it to themselves and are waiting for the right moment.

Like that point when they pushed the decision on the border back 2 years and re-named it the backstop. That sort of moment would have been a good time to reveal a solution, as it seems no-one likes the backstop.

It's good to see they are still trying though and I would guess that we could just keep delaying Brexit until they find a solution. It agree it may be quicker than the cure for the common cold.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, but to keep asking and asking the same thing over and over is ridiculous. I had stated what I would do, I would give N.Ireland independence and let them choose what to do with their border. WO may not like the answer and fair enough he is free to disagree, but he is simply arguing for the sake of it.

Can we separate London from the UK too? Population greater than Scotland, majority remain.

London is the capital of England. That should answer your ridiculous question. :)

It's just dreadful the way people put ridiculous things in answer to your perfectly sane plan for the Brexit border issue.

(And I don't dislike your answer at all, of both the 'third option' solutions suggested on this thread it's definitely my favourite :thumbsup:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here