Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Car parking penalty notice help required

Poker Dunce

Feb 4, 2012
Hi

Apologies for posting a non-football related request but I’m hoping the smart people who read the forum can help. Yesterday I recieved a parking penalty notice for £170 for parking in Eastbourne station car park on 22 November. The penalty was £100 for parking there without paying and £70 admin fee for the debt collectors who are now dealing with the case.
The car park is run by Indigo Parking. My wife regularly parks there for work and has registered with Indigo and uses there app to pay when she parks. She has both her car and my car registered with them as she uses either car to go work in. The situation has arisen because my wife inadvertently purchased a ticket for her car on the day in question instead of mine which she took that day ( she has a record of the purchase under her Indigo account ). When she called the debt collectors today they said the case had been passsd to them as we had ignored the first letter that had been sent requesting payment. I have never received any such letter. She asked if it had been sent registered mail and it had not and they said they are not obliged to send it registered mail.
Clearly I do not wish to pay £170 which frankly is extortionate considering a daily ticket is £5.10. Does anyone know what my rights / options are

Thanks in advance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hi

Apologies for posting a non-football related request but I’m hoping the smart people who read the forum can help. Yesterday I recieved a parking penalty notice for £170 for parking in Eastbourne station car park on 22 November. The penalty was £100 for parking there without paying and £70 admin fee for the debt collectors who are now dealing with the case.
The car park is run by Indigo Parking. My wife regularly parks there for work and has registered with Indigo and uses there app to pay when she parks. She has both her car and my car registered with them as she uses either car to go work in. The situation has arisen because my wife inadvertently purchased a ticket for her car on the day in question instead of mine which she took that day ( she has a record of the purchase under her Indigo account ). When she called the debt collectors today they said the case had been passsd to them as we had ignored the first letter that had been sent requesting payment. I have never received any such letter. She asked if it had been sent registered mail and it had not and they said they are not obliged to send it registered mail.
Clearly I do not wish to pay £170 which frankly is extortionate considering a daily ticket is £5.10. Does anyone know what my rights / options are

Thanks in advance.

Calling @LadyGull I assume you haven't told them about what really happened here?

If not, https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5803499 pretty much covers it all.

I had to do similar in 2017 with Indigo, followed the process to a tee and got an email not that long ago saying it was no longer being pursued. The only thing that might concern me is the length of time since the incident. You should never ignore them initially

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Poker Dunce

Feb 4, 2012
Calling @LadyGull I assume you haven't told them about what really happened here?

If not, https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5803499 pretty much covers it all.

I had to do similar in 2017 with Indigo, followed the process to a tee and got an email not that long ago saying it was no longer being pursued. The only thing that might concern me is the length of time since the incident. You should never ignore them initially

Thanks very much for the advice. I didn’t ignore them, the first I knew about it was the letter I got yesterday as there was nothing left on the car on the day in question and I never recieved the letter they had supposedly already sent before yesterday’s one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here