Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

No, but Connolly might :wink:

Think Connolly has a massive chance against Bristol Rovers now. I’d assume he starts and if he can score a couple then Andone being suspended could be the breakthrough he needs.

I actually agree with you !!

Thanks for inspiring me to keep posting, I can credit you for my past 700+ post. :wave::wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And Montoya gets beaten soooo easily by Boufal who's hardly quick or a world beater. Think this shows that Saints will finish above us (yes red card, yes we've played well but they've gone into their shell) but we've a good chance of finishing above the three promoted, Watford and Palace. Performances have been good. Like the way we can get forward by passing it.

Good post.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have any of the "Locadia and Jahanbaksh will be like men reborn this season" brigade reappraised their view yet?

Florin won't be popular in the changing room. Undoubtedly cost the game.

Guessed you’d crawl out from under your rock at the first sign of a bad result. You’re worse than the Palace trolls - at least they don’t pretend to be Albion supporters.

Pretty much 100% down to Andone that defeat was today, interesting to see how Potter deals with this as he’s a walking red/yellow all the time so a liability. Even down to 10 we looked better than them, just got undone a couple of times as we were a bit stretched. Pleased to see Potter changing things and still trying to get back in the game right up until the end. We’ll continue to improve.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Locadia has gotten very lucky tonight. Andone’s stupidity has saved him from being the fan’s target.

He looks overweight, appeared to be sucking air after only a few minutes on the pitch. Missed an absolute sitter. Lost the ball repeatedly. The worst centre forward appearance at the Amex since Leon Best.

If we could get back £4-5 million of what we paid I think we should take it. I can see the guy going to China or America or something and lumbering around for big money. Never a premier league footballer even with a low end side like us

Alternatively:-

He was on the pitch for only 20 minutes.
Fluffed his lines with 2 opportunities he created for himself.
Made a couple of intelligent runs.
Won a well positioned freekick.
Then smashed a difficult chance onto the post.

I'm not too bothered about hitting the post, but an disappointed/concerned that he didn't even get a shot away with the 2 chances he created.

A month ago he had lost weight? :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You might be right about VAR as it seems to find a way to rule out goals. But he was NOT offside. :)

I have argued this with my youngest son as I maintain that you cannot be offside from a corner as the ball is played backwards. The only possible way is if the ball is returned to the kicker and he hasnt moved and the defenders have moved out.. I think that it was for a foul on the keeper.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
See post #206 and the extract from the laws of the game.

Nicely edited - mine was a joke about of you could be offside from a corner!?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nicely edited - mine was a joke about of you could be offside from a corner!?

Yes, I think there were a few misunderstandings about who was arguing what in this thread! :)

(I personally thought that "Congratulations, I have been here since 2011, but you are the first to be ignored, your stupidity knows no bounds" (not from you!) was a rather extreme reaction to me pointing out that you can't be offside from a corner!)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Andone cost us the game, Burn should look at replays to see what being offside means. We were all over this before the sending off. In this day and age of technology how the hell did he ecpect to get away with that. On review he might get a longer ban. I think players who do this should not get paid for the games they miss. He has just had a long holiday which was obviously not long enough. He has stuffed up every chance he gets and should be shipped out to Europe before that window closes as he isn't looking to improve. Same with Locadia who is not match fit. We have to learn to be more clinical in front of goal as it is going to let us down this season if we don't.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Andone was shocking, Locadia was utter Shyte.
Burn and Propper where superb

Ref was very inconsistent.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My two pennorth is this:

We badly missed the guile of Gross and the finishing of Murray. Replacing them with Maupay and Andone together from the start left us critically short of Premier League experience and nous.
We all saw what Andone contributed and I thought Maupay had a shocker. Neither of them won a header and despite their running and scuffling, their keeper could have been Joe Hart and we still wouldn't have scored. Burn is getting the headlines for being a creative defender but, imagine the the bigger headlines if Murray had cost us a couple of goals through offside. As for disallowing Dunk's goal and the impact of VAR, there has to be a reason on screen why the goal is disallowed. A flagged goal disallowed by the lino never took the wind out of the sails for players or fans like an unexplained disallowance by VAR.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My two pennorth is this:

We badly missed the guile of Gross and the finishing of Murray. Replacing them with Maupay and Andone together from the start left us critically short of Premier League experience and nous.
We all saw what Andone contributed and I thought Maupay had a shocker. Neither of them won a header and despite their running and scuffling, their keeper could have been Joe Hart and we still wouldn't have scored. Burn is getting the headlines for being a creative defender but, imagine the the bigger headlines if Murray had cost us a couple of goals through offside. As for disallowing Dunk's goal and the impact of VAR, there has to be a reason on screen why the goal is disallowed. A flagged goal disallowed by the lino never took the wind out of the sails for players or fans like an unexplained disallowance by VAR.

I think the disallowed Dunk goal was glaringly obvious although I get your point regarding VAR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here