Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If Burn was preventing the keeper from getting to the ball, isn't he interfering with play and thus offside ?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Did Burn receive the ball? I understood it was Dunk that scored the 'goal'. As others have rightly suggested, the goal was disallowed for a foul on the keeper by Duffy, not for offside. One of the pundits on SSN (Merse?) called it as offside, but he's a **** anyway.

Oh, and please learn the correct usage of the word 'trolling' before you start casting nasty and unjustified assertions!

INTERFERING with play as well you know.

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
interfering with an opponent by:
preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision
or
challenging an opponent for the ball or
clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
There is a definite correlation between everyone getting excited about the line up and it all then going royally tits up on the pitch

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Different season same shit, team on a bad run who can't win come to the Amex and look like taking 3 points, points dropped last week and looking like again this week.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But it wasn't direct you utter moron.

Utter moron yourself; you really should read the sequence of a series of posts before going off on one - I was pointing out the rules of the game to those who claimed that you could be offside direct from a corner. And the commentary clearly stated that it was Dunk who headed the ball into the net which is why I queried why SSN had called it as offside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here