Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deleting NSC account

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Hope you’re ok KL. I think everyone on this board has a heart and are decent deep down. The ones that argue and seem nasty are really just flirting. They love each other really. We are all just one big online family.

Chin up mate

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I remember a poster called psychobility or something similar, he/she used to post quite a lot on here, then started a similar thread to this. To be fair despite the sceptics at the time, that person seems to have been true to their word and hasn't been seen for ages, so it can be done.

As for me, quite often I look in on the interesting threads on here without contributing. There is that option as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't want Bozza getting sued because he didn't correct someone for claiming he was sued when he wasn't just because he was on holiday.
You think my post might have lead to him being sued? And don't they have the internet in the US?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You think my post might have lead to him being sued? And don't they have the internet in the US?

Who knows what any particular poster might do. I know he last time this came up Bozza posted something about being asked to clarify that he wasn't threatened with a lawsuit.

Yes, I'm an idiot who thinks there's no internet in the US. Or, possibly I just think Bozza might be focused on enjoying his holiday/preparing for marathons rather than checking for messages from people with a history of threatening to go to watchdogs/supervising authorities concerned about what's being posted.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope you never have to struggle with mental health issues.

I believe there are quite a few on here who genuinely understand mental health issues. Take them up on the offer of a chat via PM, maybe even ask for their contact details before you sign off for good. You will then find a sympathetic ear, should you need it in the future, from people you may want to speak to again after your details are deleted on NSC. Good luck :thumbsup:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Plus, thanks for the photos Kneon. All the best to you. Take care. Hope to see you back here again some day but respect your decision if not.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I believe there are quite a few on here who genuinely understand mental health issues. Take them up on the offer of a chat via PM, maybe even ask for their contact details before you sign off for good. You will then find a sympathetic ear, should you need it in the future, from people you may want to speak to again after your details are deleted on NSC. Good luck :thumbsup:

There is quite a few on here who understand Mental Health Issues and I do worry that NSC can in some way expedite these for some people.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Have sent private message to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but no reply.
Please can someone give me clear instructions how to delete my NSC account?
Thanks

If you really want to leave the below should do the trick. But having read your later posts in the thread, just have a long list of ignored posters that wind you up and stick to the ones that don't:)

If you still want to leave, send this :)

I am hereby requesting immediate erasure of personal data concerning me according to Article 17 GDPR.

[Please erase all personal data concerning me as defined by Article 4(1) GDPR.]
[Please delete the following personal data concerning me: Specify the data to be deleted.]

I am of the opinion that the requirements set forth in Article 17(1) GDPR are fulfilled.

If I have given consent to the processing of my personal data (e.g. according to Article 6(1) or Article 9(2) GDPR), I am hereby withdrawing said consent.
In addition, I am objecting to the processing of personal data concerning me (which includes profiling), according to Article 21 GDPR.

In case you have disclosed the affected personal data to third parties, you have to communicate my request for erasure of the affected personal data, as well as any references to it, to each recipient as laid down in Article 19 GDPR. Please also inform me about those recipients.

If you object to the requested erasure, you have to justify that to me.

My request explicitly includes any other services and companies for which you are the controller as defined by Article 4(7) GDPR.

As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to confirm the erasure to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.

I am including the following information necessary to identify me:
Enter your identification data here. This often includes information like your name, your date of birth, your address, your email address and so on.

If you do not answer my request within the stated period, I am reserving the right to take legal action against you and to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.

Yours sincerely,

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you really want to leave the below should do the trick. But having read your later posts in the thread, just have a long list of ignored posters that wind you up and stick to the ones that don't:)

I am hereby requesting immediate erasure of personal data concerning me according to Article 17 GDPR.

[Please erase all personal data concerning me as defined by Article 4(1) GDPR.]
[Please delete the following personal data concerning me: Specify the data to be deleted.]

I am of the opinion that the requirements set forth in Article 17(1) GDPR are fulfilled.

If I have given consent to the processing of my personal data (e.g. according to Article 6(1) or Article 9(2) GDPR), I am hereby withdrawing said consent.
In addition, I am objecting to the processing of personal data concerning me (which includes profiling), according to Article 21 GDPR.

In case you have disclosed the affected personal data to third parties, you have to communicate my request for erasure of the affected personal data, as well as any references to it, to each recipient as laid down in Article 19 GDPR. Please also inform me about those recipients.

If you object to the requested erasure, you have to justify that to me.

My request explicitly includes any other services and companies for which you are the controller as defined by Article 4(7) GDPR.

As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to confirm the erasure to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.

Enter your identification data here. This often includes information like your name, your date of birth, your address, your email address and so on.

If you do not answer my request within the stated period, I am reserving the right to take legal action against you and to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.

Yours sincerely,

You are Timmy, and I claim my £5

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who knows what any particular poster might do.
Don't be silly.
I know he last time this came up Bozza posted something about being asked to clarify that he wasn't threatened with a lawsuit.
I don't think that's correct. I think he clarified that one particular poster hadn't threatened to sue him, not that no poster had ever done so (but if that's wrong, I expect he can clarify yet again :D )

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
You can't.

You're stuck for eternity and your punishment is wade through the amount of shitposting from users on topics they legitimately have no experience or background in and persist in having their ill informed opinion heard because they seem to think that a right to an opinion = a right to be heard.

Additionally, you must also put up with the rollercoaster ride of a match day thread loss to a relegation rival dubbed as a 6 pointer.

You will forever be in a constant state of suspicion as to whether Chailey Jem is a Barberite Spy planted by the club to spread the club's propaganda.

And most crucially, you must endure the suffering of a thread started by BensGrandad asking for advice on technology.

You have been condemned. This is NSC and it's ****ing brilliant.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Hope you’re ok KL. I think everyone on this board has a heart and are decent deep down. The ones that argue and seem nasty are really just flirting. They love each other really. We are all just one big online family.

Chin up mate

True. Any chance you could lend me a tenner?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Chin up mate

There’s some on here that are massive Bellends.

Mind you...there’s some of those in my family too.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I find it a bit wrong that the OP came on here asking for his account to be deleted and has instead been banned. That reads to me like the mods are trying to put others off requesting the same by saying 'if you dare ask for your account to be closed/deleted, then you'll end up getting banned'.

If people want their accounts deleted, why don't you just delete them?

The poor guy/girl is now banned and presumably unable to make a further request for account deletion.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I find it a bit wrong that the OP came on here asking for his account to be deleted and has instead been banned. That reads to me like the mods are trying to put others off requesting the same by saying 'if you dare ask for your account to be closed/deleted, then you'll end up getting banned'.

The poor guy/girl is now banned and presumably unable to make a further request for account deletion.

Thats absolutely not the case.

The Ban was clearly a tempory mesaure, I am sure not all Mods have the functionality to delete the account. As the person can do this is away its clearly a short term measure.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Ya dis is an interesting point. Please lay on de couch.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Gawd, where'd you get that obnoxious form letter from? It's way over the top and likely to result in folks using it *not* getting what they want in full (because by asking them to specify what is to be deleted, it opens the door to the recipient of the letter *not* deleting some stuff that they could / should). This is full of, to be frank, passive-aggressive threats of legal action that simply aren't needed in the vast majority of cases (and in those where it is needed, it should be the *second* letter, not the first, and CC'd in to the ICO).

All that is required is to tell the person / company who is holding the data that you want it removed under the Right to Erasure clause of the GDPR. End of story. It can even be done verbally. The recipient is then obliged under the law (and they don't need to be reminded) to do all the things mentioned in the letter within the required time frame. And they will. with very few exceptions, because the penalties for failure to do so can be significant.

I am hereby requesting immediate erasure of personal data concerning me according to Article 17 GDPR. < This is all that is needed. (Although a couple of optional extras from below could be included)

[Please erase all personal data concerning me as defined by Article 4(1) GDPR.] < Not necessary. It's implied by making the request.
[Please delete the following personal data concerning me: Specify the data to be deleted.] < Not necessary; could actually result in some data that could/should be deleted not being deleted. You'll actually find most companies don't offer a "bespoke" option anyway - it's either delete all data (except that required to be kept by law) or none at all.

I am of the opinion that the requirements set forth in Article 17(1) GDPR are fulfilled. < Not necessary. It's implied by making the request.

If I have given consent to the processing of my personal data (e.g. according to Article 6(1) or Article 9(2) GDPR), I am hereby withdrawing said consent. < Not necessary. It's implied by making the request, because the removal of said data will prevent further processing.
In addition, I am objecting to the processing of personal data concerning me (which includes profiling), according to Article 21 GDPR. < Not necessary. It's implied by making the request, because the removal of said data will prevent further processing.

In case you have disclosed the affected personal data to third parties, you have to communicate my request for erasure of the affected personal data, as well as any references to it, to each recipient as laid down in Article 19 GDPR. Please also inform me about those recipients. < Not necessary to make the deletion request. It's already required by law. Being informed of the third party recipients might be a valuable addition, but in the vast majority of cases will be unnecessary (due to the way the third party contracts are written, the third party will only be a data processor, not a data owner, and as such can only use the data as stipulated by the data owner ... who you've already instructed to delete the data).

If you object to the requested erasure, you have to justify that to me. < Not necessary. It's a legal obligation, no need for the passive aggressive reminder.

My request explicitly includes any other services and companies for which you are the controller as defined by Article 4(7) GDPR. < Might have some value if the data controller is a multi-company entity..

As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to confirm the erasure to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. < Not necessary. It's a legal obligation, no need for the passive aggressive reminder.

Enter your identification data here. This often includes information like your name, your date of birth, your address, your email address and so on. < Yup, this is often necessary. You should include a copy of ID though (drivers licence or passport or both), just to be sure, along with a request that such documentation be destroyed as part of the Art 17 request.

If you do not answer my request within the stated period, I am reserving the right to take legal action against you and to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority. < Not necessary in the vast majority of cases. Companies are acutely aware of the potential penalties should they not comply. Legal action would not be advised initially anyway - first port of call is to the ICO.

Yours sincerely,

On a tangential note, GDPR's Article 16 (Right to Rectification) can be very useful. I went down that route recently, because the company that supplied the ID chips in my cats has a bizarre requirement that you subscribe to their premium services if you want to change your address details. I bypassed that by making an Art 16 request.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here