Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton forward Florin Andone has been charged with violent conduct after appearing to elbow West Brom's Sam Field in Wednesday's FA Cup fourth round replay.

So, is there a time/date for when this accepted or appealed?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
As someone pointed out, your interpretation is wrong as it is violent conduct whether at the time or retrospectively. Personally there should be more retrospective action, especially for diving, whether or not the referee saw it.

I am not against retrospective action as a whole , its just absurd that "if seen at the time" its a red card and a single game ban but if "unseen by officials" its likely a 3 game ban much like if seen and given a yellow card it cant be upgraded to red. Its not the system I am against its whats seen as the injustices that it brings

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I am not against retrospective action as a whole , its just absurd that "if seen at the time" its a red card and a single game ban but if "unseen by officials" its likely a 3 game ban much like if seen and given a yellow card it cant be upgraded to red. Its not the system I am against its whats seen as the injustices that it brings

A straight red on the pitch is a 3 game ban.

2 yellows is a 1 game ban.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

As pointed out twice already, your assertion that if it were seen at the time, he'd only get a 1 match ban, is TOTALLY INCORRECT. If the ref sees him swing an elbow into the lad's face he gets a THREE match ban. If the ref misses it and he's done by video, its still a THREE match ban.

See Stephens (on-field) straight red at Cardiff for an example.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Almost. A straight red for VIOLENT CONDUCT, or for ENDANGERING AN OPPONENT is a 3 game ban. A straight red for 'denying a goal-scoring opportunity' (last man foul / handball on the line, etc) is only a 1 game ban.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby

DOH! of course it is in certain circumstances , must be having an old age moment ... I still think the retrospective system needs an overhaul as to make it a fairer and consistent system

Not that i am defending Andone's actions , deserved a red card so in this case justice will be served.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
So, not mentioned in the referees report, which is why he's been charged.

What was the report? "I'm useless and can only see out of one eye" Or "I don't want to admit that I got it wrong so let someone else sort it"?

Either way, surely the referee is at fault.

The whole system of retrospective punishment makes no sense when Mings has got away with something that would get you sent down if you weren't on a football pitch but "the referee saw it".

So in that case he saw it and got it completely wrong. In Andone's case the ref got it completely wrong by "not seeing it" despite it being straight in front of him. What's the difference please?

Total bollocks.

I don't really appreciate the implication that people that can only see out of one eye are useless, coming from someone that can only see out of one eye.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

A red card on the night would still be a three match ban as it was violent conduct.

A red card resulting in a one match ban, given at a match, is the result of two yellows.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't really appreciate the implication that people that can only see out of one eye are useless, coming from someone that can only see out of one eye.
I don't appreciate the implication that that was implied. I wrote that he'd be saying "I'm useless AND can only see out of one eye". So no offence to one eyed people or Cyclopses (of which I'm neither, and yes I got your shit joke).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It was stupid of him, but I think the way some are talking about it is a little over the top, find it interesting that Duffy got away with much less stick for his even more blatantly stupid actions against Palace in one of our biggest games of the season, that could quite conceivably have cost us that day. Silly boy but everyone makes mistakes in the heat of the moment, just one of those things.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was stupid of him, but I think the way some are talking about it is a little over the top, find it interesting that Duffy got away with much less stick for his even more blatantly stupid actions against Palace in one of our biggest games of the season, that could quite conceivably have cost us that day. Silly boy but everyone makes mistakes in the heat of the moment, just one of those things.
Indeed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Andone may find it hard to get back into squad let alone team - now that Murray seems to have hit a bit of form again
There's always room in the squad for both of them. Murray will need resting sometimes, and even when he doesn't, Andone can be on the bench and come on after 70.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think Andone needs to get together with Wayne Hennessey, I'm sure they could come up with a plausible reason as to what happened.

"Yesterday evening I played for Brighton against West Brom in the prestigious FA Cup.

"I was in a discussion with West Brom's Sam Field who was politely asking me what it was like living in Brighton. As a keen fan of animals and, in particular, birds, I was explaining to young Sam about a truly hilarious scenario on the world famous Brighton Pier whereby an ambitious seagull tried to nibble my sausage from my purchased hot dog. In telling this story to Sam, I unfortunately caught him with a stray elbow whilst I recreated the flapping motion of said seagull.

"It’s been brought to my attention that this looks like I am making a completely inappropriate attack on Sam.

"I can assure everyone I would never ever do that and any resemblance to that kind of action is absolutely coincidental. Love and peace Florin.”

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here