Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
A silly, petulant flash of temper to get his own back after his face was groped. Assuming there's no Zaha-style frivolous appeal, I guess thats Burnley (H) Derby (H) Leicester (A) he's out of. Hope Murray stays fit, or we're really scratching around for options.

Stick Bissouma up front and get it to his feet. He seems to like shooting.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
It’s a straight red and a three game ban that’s not up for debate. The part I don’t understand is he gets a retrospective ban for an incident the officials didn’t see when they very clearly did but got the call wrong.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We no, I'm not a clown. You on the other hand seem to be struggling with the basics.

For Murray's goal, the ball went over the line safely away from the keeper and he didn't know much about it anyway. For Andone, he had the whole goal to aim at, and he thumped it straight at the keeper. That is what concerns me. Another day, that goes out for a corner and we're out of the cup.

I am not saying he is shit, I am saying I remain unconvinced he is going to adequately replace Murray when his time is up. Please refrain from calling me a clown just because you can't comprehend basic English.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...y-west-bromwich-albion-v-brighton-hove-albion

Please listen to the comments as they discuss the Andone goal and Mark Chapman asks Jason Roberts (ex-premier League striker) about Andone's finish and if it is was the right thing to do or not and explaining why.

Now take your view, which appears to be more about the fear that it will be saved rather than based on what has been proven to be a good strategy from that distance time and time again, if players shared your fear of missing or having it saved, no one would ever shoot

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s a straight red and a three game ban that’s not up for debate. The part I don’t understand is he gets a retrospective ban for an incident the officials didn’t see when they very clearly did but got the call wrong.

Ref was looking straight at it and not far away

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d be interested in seeing Locadia as the main striker, which I believe is his preferred position?

Like Groß, we purchased a player for a position and system that was not familiar.

His preferred position is clearly on the left of a front three where he has enjoyed success with us and his previous club. He has not looked comfortable as our main striker so far. I’m not so interested in seeing him play there again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Like Groß, we purchased a player for a position and system that was not familiar.

His preferred position is clearly on the left of a front three where he has enjoyed success with us and his previous club. He has not looked comfortable as our main striker so far. I’m not so interested in seeing him play there again.

I'd agree with most of that ...accept he does seem capable of a more 'physical' role now aa against the few times he's played centrally...no doubt in my mind though wide left has to be his preferred position

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Odd that we gave him the no 9 shirt if he’s a winger. How much time has he had as a main striker with March/AK/Ali J as the wingers? I may be wrong but I was under the impression that he was bought as a striker rather than a winger. Thought he did quite well against Watford too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Odd that we gave him the no 9 shirt if he’s a winger. How much time has he had as a main striker with March/AK/Ali J as the wingers? I may be wrong but I was under the impression that he was bought as a striker rather than a winger. Thought he did quite well against Watford too.

Pretty sure he made his first appearances playing centrally

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
He's been charged with violent conduct by the FA and has until the 8th to respond. Just read it on the sky sports app.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just a couple of comments re Andone...firstly looked liked upper arm to me (ok not much different than elbow but enough)..second that Livermore was the only opposition player to speak to the ref which says something...Bartley wasn't even interested despite being next to it...lastly the co commentator seems to be a mind reader ''he definitely meant that''....still he spent most of the evening bigger up WBA ..but then we are the PL team now...the way it goes.....cant see any benefit in appealing ...we take it and move on

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I watched the game on tv, but the only time I saw a replay of it was at half time when Jason Roberts said about it. Was there any talk of an elbow or a replay of the incident when it happened?

I have seen worse go unpunished. Every football club have cheats or players that use there elbows, glad that we are catching them up.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Because you thought it was deliberate ..or you just think he's a dickhead anyway?

The guy has earned himself legend status with his goal against palace. I love him.

But elbowing an opponent the way he did - deliberate or not - is just plain stupid. Must admit at first I didn't think there wasn't much to it and could've been accidental, but from other angles it totally looks deliberate. Stupid stupid stupid.

I don't know why these players do anything like this when they know how many cameras are on them!

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So, not mentioned in the referees report, which is why he's been charged.

What was the report? "I'm useless and can only see out of one eye" Or "I don't want to admit that I got it wrong so let someone else sort it"?

Either way, surely the referee is at fault.

The whole system of retrospective punishment makes no sense when Mings has got away with something that would get you sent down if you weren't on a football pitch but "the referee saw it".

So in that case he saw it and got it completely wrong. In Andone's case the ref got it completely wrong by "not seeing it" despite it being straight in front of him. What's the difference please?

Total bollocks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The guy has earned himself legend status with his goal against palace. I love him.

But elbowing an opponent the way he did - deliberate or not - is just plain stupid. Must admit at first I didn't think there was much to it and could've been accidental, but from other angles it totally looks deliberate. Stupid stupid stupid.

I don't know why these players do anything like this when they know how many cameras are on them!

:thumbsup: I can see where you are coming from...still say it was upper arm....and deliberate? ..open to debate ...he does have this physical side to him..which is a strength but also can be a weakness ...still he'll get a ban and hopefully be aware of what happens in the PL

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Good player, like his aggression but needs to channel it. If he gets a three match ban we are reliant on Murray with no back up in the central strikers position.
Highlights our lack of ambition in the January window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here