Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Brighton Verdict As West Brom Visit

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Well I'm confident. I'm looking forward to a game where we are not expecting the oppo to have most of the play and we're happy with a point.
I have a feeling CH will put out quite a strong team too. 3-1 to the good guys.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I won’t boo Rodriguez. Nothing was proven either way. Booing him is just as ridiculous as Burnley fans booing Bong IMO.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I won’t boo Rodriguez. Nothing was proven either way. Booing him is just as ridiculous as Burnley fans booing Bong IMO.

It was only not proven because the cowardly Neanderthal spoke with his hand in front of his mouth.
It was clear that he told Bong he stinks by the immature and undeniable hand gestures he was making.

It’s nothing like the Burnley fans booing Bong!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was only not proven because the cowardly Neanderthal spoke with his hand in front of his mouth.
It was clear that he told Bong he stinks by the immature and undeniable hand gestures he was making.

It’s nothing like the Burnley fans booing Bong!

I don't think he's denied saying Bong's breath stunk. He's denying there was any racial element to it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blame the FA, presumably they were the ones to decide to have two verdicts "proven" and "not proven". Jose Mourinho was also found no proven of swearing last year and claimed it cleared him.

I have some sympathy for the FA here to be honest, as there was simply no way of reaching a definitive judgement on this case. There was nobody else who could collaborate either version of events given by the two players, so 'not proven' was about the only verdict they could reach. He was still being a massive BELL for his immature gesture though, and only made his own problems by covering his mouth, the div.

Hopefully far worse. As much as Harding fell to pieces I would rather get abuse for leaving a club than being labelled a racist. Reckon we could push him over the edge if we try hard enough. The beauty of it is we can't really be taken to task for it as we have the moral high ground. No one is going to get chucked out or banned for chanting 'racist.' It's win win for us :O:hilton:

"You know what you are" should cover it. If he plays tomorrow and it puts him off sufficiently, then our work is done.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

Well said Sir! It's nice to see someone behaving like an adult and focusing on supporting the Brighton boys, rather than churning up old news.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
"You know what you are" should cover it. If he plays tomorrow and it puts him off sufficiently, then our work is done.

That's just the start. Chuck in;

Repetitive 'RACIST RACIST RACIST' whilst pointing whenever gets within earshot.

'Jay Rodriguez is a racist, is a racist, is racist' etc

I'm sure some more inventive ones can be generated on the day as well with a bit of lager to fuel the imagination.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I'm sure some more inventive ones can be generated on the day as well with a bit of lager to fuel the imagination.

If we want to keep to the facts............

You know what you are
You know what you are
Unproven racist
You know what you are

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Because that won't motivate him to do well of course ...

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
A bit of booing won't go amiss. Won't be joining in with any 'racist' chants as this isn't proven. Will definitely be joining in with any 'wanker' chants as this was most certainly proven.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I booed him when he got off the coach and like to think that influenced the decision to omit him from the match day squad. However on returning home my dad said that Radio Sussex had said he didn't travel. I am 99% sure it was him getting off the coach. Apologies to the player I booed if it wasn't.

View attachment 104050

Looks like he was right-ish. Quite a few 18,19 and 20 year olds with not many games mixed with old heads. Might go stronger this time though.

Is this really a serious paper like the Argus (no laughter please). I mean they've quote fans off our forum?! Including me. Good grief.

Without mentioning the source. Noddy at best and I am intrigued if there is any kind of copyright-like issues with public forums. I am sure the material is fair game if a source is given but passing off opinions as if you collected them yourself seems a bit dodgy. Highly unlikely to be illegal but poor show nonetheless.
That's rich.
Did you give the name of the organisation that produced that diagram? Somebody had to pay to commission it so don't get all precious over our posts on here, which cost us nothing.

View attachment 104050

Looks like he was right-ish. Quite a few 18,19 and 20 year olds with not many games mixed with old heads. Might go stronger this time though.

Is this really a serious paper like the Argus (no laughter please). I mean they've quote fans off our forum?! Including me. Good grief.

Without mentioning the source. Noddy at best and I am intrigued if there is any kind of copyright-like issues with public forums. I am sure the material is fair game if a source is given but passing off opinions as if you collected them yourself seems a bit dodgy. Highly unlikely to be illegal but poor show nonetheless.
That's rich.
Did you give the name of the of the organisation that produced that diagram? Somebody had pay to commission that so don't get all precious over or posts on here which cost us nothing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A word for the West Brom fans who I thought were magnificent, up there with Man U and Chelsea for me as some of the very best to have visited the Amex. Travelled in huge numbers and gave their team tremendous vocal backing, yes I know it's their big day out as their plucky underdogs faced a quality EPL side but still thought they were excellent.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
West Brom are a great club with a great chance of bouncing back to the PL. if Darren decides to field reserves again the. We should have enough to progress. Chris knows what it’s like to win this competition and we aren’t likely to get relegated so might have a go (especially as the top six are almost absent and Chelsea play Man Utd so one of them is out too. We could have a decent chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here