Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protection for MP,s

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Nope. We no longer import that much now as from 1st January, as we have a UK based supplier for most stock, and whilst I know they will have to pay the import duties, I am not in the slightest bit worried, just as I wasn't about all our planes being grounded on 29th March.

Technically, yes planes should be grounded as we will out of the UK so are not covered by their "deal" any longer, but the aviation authority will tick a few boxes, temporary solutions will be put in place, and we will carry on come 30th March as if nothing happened.

Why did/will this take place in the aviation industry, because they knew if they grounded our planes, we would ground most of the North Atlantic flights, and most of Ireland's flights, and as outdated and as corrupt as the EU model, they are not stupid, and knew by sticking to strict rules on aviation, they would damage themselves, just as bad as they would damage us. The result, a temporary solution was found, that allows things to continue for a fixed time whilst we sign the contracts and move the necessary laws over to the UK. Net result = no changes to flights come 30th March.

I believe it will the same with trade. Whilst everyone is making noises that our trade will crash on the 30th March, it is in no ones interests for this to happen, and something will be in place to allow us to continue on 30th March with a no deal Brexit, just as it is now. Now you don't agree with that, just as some people were as convinced planes would be grounded, some are convinced trade tariffs will shoot up on 30th March. I don't think so. Something will be put in place in the event of a "no deal" because its in everyone's interests to keep trading as we are now. It will harm everyone if we go to default WTO tariffs on 30th March. Just as with aviation, it will not be allowed to happened, by all sides. But Time will tell.

Some were convinced we could not set up trade deals whilst in the EU, and then Switzerland announces there's. I am convinced there are many more close to being signed off. Even Trump said if we leave with the PMs botched deal, that might risk our trade deal with the US. So that would suggest we are negotiating with them already.

Now I know you don't agree with that. You will call me names and label me foolish. Great. That's your way, but as I say, time will tell.

I hope we leave on 29th March with no deal. I don't think we will, I think they EU will back down and give us what they need to to scrape the PMs deal through. I hope they don't. But if we do, whilst a lot of remainers will run around in a blind panic, I don't think it will make much difference to the average person for long period of time, and when we finally see changes come through, they will be positive.

Bottom line is no one knows for sure what will happen. But I am not going to pay too much attention to the "experts" who failed to predicted the great crash of 2008, told us if we vote to leave we will go straight into a recession, and that they £/$ would go 1-1 . I give the British economy a little more hope than that! I know you will not agree with that, and you will probably call me thick for foolish for having a different opinion to you, but the truth is you don't know for sure what will happen, I don't know for sure what will happen, no one knows for sure what will happen, but I am fairly convinced as much as the EU puffs out its chest and play politics, they are in as much need as us to make this work for everyone as we are. I think the EU are 100% certain we will leave without a deal, I think they will soften their stance against us over night. I would not be surprised in the slightest if they didn't continue to allow us to continue trading under current terms for a period as a "temporary" just as the aviation industry has. Why? Because its in everyones interest too. But I think one thing is for certain, it will go all the way to the wire!

Glad you got that of your chest. I'll make sure I don't step on it, despite not knowing the meaning.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Newsnight just had damning film of McDonnell in 2011 telling an audience that “he wants to see a day where no Tory MP can walk about freely”.

Thugs on both sides, they can’t bear people having an opposing political view.

Newsnight tonight also had an interview with Rowan Williams, the former Archbishop of Canterbury. He was giving a lecture in London tonight about being British, but they also talked about Brexit, referendums and Universal Credit. He didn't say anything that I had not already thought for the most part, but he puts it in such a reasoned and sensible way. The Man is a real Prophet.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not part of the system I'm afraid, not left wing or not a remainer so Facebook, PayPal wouldn't listen to me. That's what it looks from the outside.

What conspiratorial, evidence free bollocks you whiney little bitch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nope. We no longer import that much now as from 1st January, as we have a UK based supplier for most stock, and whilst I know they will have to pay the import duties, I am not in the slightest bit worried, just as I wasn't about all our planes being grounded on 29th March.

Technically, yes planes should be grounded as we will out of the UK so are not covered by their "deal" any longer, but the aviation authority will tick a few boxes, temporary solutions will be put in place, and we will carry on come 30th March as if nothing happened.

Why did/will this take place in the aviation industry, because they knew if they grounded our planes, we would ground most of the North Atlantic flights, and most of Ireland's flights, and as outdated and as corrupt as the EU model, they are not stupid, and knew by sticking to strict rules on aviation, they would damage themselves, just as bad as they would damage us. The result, a temporary solution was found, that allows things to continue for a fixed time whilst we sign the contracts and move the necessary laws over to the UK. Net result = no changes to flights come 30th March.

I believe it will the same with trade. Whilst everyone is making noises that our trade will crash on the 30th March, it is in no ones interests for this to happen, and something will be in place to allow us to continue on 30th March with a no deal Brexit, just as it is now. Now you don't agree with that, just as some people were as convinced planes would be grounded, some are convinced trade tariffs will shoot up on 30th March. I don't think so. Something will be put in place in the event of a "no deal" because its in everyone's interests to keep trading as we are now. It will harm everyone if we go to default WTO tariffs on 30th March. Just as with aviation, it will not be allowed to happened, by all sides. But Time will tell.

Some were convinced we could not set up trade deals whilst in the EU, and then Switzerland announces there's. I am convinced there are many more close to being signed off. Even Trump said if we leave with the PMs botched deal, that might risk our trade deal with the US. So that would suggest we are negotiating with them already.

Now I know you don't agree with that. You will call me names and label me foolish. Great. That's your way, but as I say, time will tell.

I hope we leave on 29th March with no deal. I don't think we will, I think they EU will back down and give us what they need to to scrape the PMs deal through. I hope they don't. But if we do, whilst a lot of remainers will run around in a blind panic, I don't think it will make much difference to the average person for long period of time, and when we finally see changes come through, they will be positive.

Bottom line is no one knows for sure what will happen. But I am not going to pay too much attention to the "experts" who failed to predicted the great crash of 2008, told us if we vote to leave we will go straight into a recession, and that they £/$ would go 1-1 . I give the British economy a little more hope than that! I know you will not agree with that, and you will probably call me thick for foolish for having a different opinion to you, but the truth is you don't know for sure what will happen, I don't know for sure what will happen, no one knows for sure what will happen, but I am fairly convinced as much as the EU puffs out its chest and play politics, they are in as much need as us to make this work for everyone as we are. I think the EU are 100% certain we will leave without a deal, I think they will soften their stance against us over night. I would not be surprised in the slightest if they didn't continue to allow us to continue trading under current terms for a period as a "temporary" just as the aviation industry has. Why? Because its in everyones interest too. But I think one thing is for certain, it will go all the way to the wire!

It’s against everyone’s interests to leave the EU but we seem to be going ahead with that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Newsnight tonight also had an interview with Rowan Williams, the former Archbishop of Canterbury. He was giving a lecture in London tonight about being British, but they also talked about Brexit, referendums and Universal Credit. He didn't say anything that I had not already thought for the most part, but he puts it in such a reasoned and sensible way. The Man is a real Prophet.

Other than the right wing bloke from The Press, a reasoned debate about the left/right thugs. Probably just for a few days, but an unholy alliance of intelligent people like Daniel Finkenstein, Owen Jones and others. Take out the rhetoric, media stirring and the hateful elements on boths sides, and we could have decent, polite debate in this country.

That extends to non-Brexit issues too. Shame about the excellent work on the housing shortage today, produced by Ed Milliband and others. They made it apolitical as much as one could, for example pointing out that this this crisis was caused by all parties over the last 20 years. But then a left wing councils spokesperson on 5live rejected the notion that nimby councils and residents have aided this crisis, simply saying that not enough gov’t cash. I know through experience that Labour and Tory councils fight most developments tooth and nail regardless of the number of the affordables, because people don’t want new homes next to them. Immoral and selfish.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Worth a read

https://news.sky.com/story/james-go...tester-that-harangued-mp-anna-soubry-11602380

..his regular group outside Westminster is small - about a dozen people - and we should be careful not to give them undue prominence just because they are loud.

I wouldn't even describe them as pro-Brexit campaigners as their message is undefined.

The day in Westminster on Monday was summed up when someone in a yellow vest shouted "what do we want?" and his fellow protesters went momentarily silent before one shouted "Soubry is a Nazi!" - and once again they had a chant they could get behind.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Off course you are. But in case you missed it we voted to leave. So there should be no MPS trying to overturn the will of the British people. That's what this woman wants to do. They want to stop Brexit and keep us in the EU.

You can hold whatever view you like, its still a free country..... just. But if you are in power, and she is, I do not believe she should be acting against the will of the British voters. She can disagree with it all she likes, she can hold whatever views she likes, but the time to oppose it and try and stop it happening, ended what the ballot boxes opened on 23rd June 2016.
Well said young man, couldn't have put it better.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How do you know none of us complained? I have no time for Peter Bone, but I did note that the nanny went to take the children inside, but JRM prevented her doing so because it looked better for the camera.

Hold on a minute ..... what was it you posted on another thread when someone suggested just crossing the street to avoid a confrontation ? Ah yes, victim blaming. Incredible hypocracy from you there TB. The simple fact of the matter is that Soubry didn't deserve the abuse she got BUT neither did JRM or his children. Farage didn't deserve the abuse he got out on the election trail (there was even an NSC poster who revelled in having an avatar of Farage and his near death experience). I haven't noticed you condemn the abuse of leave politicians.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well said young man, couldn't have put it better.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

on a side note ....the vote was 51.8 % leave 48.2% remain .......i think that is an outstandingly close call and indicates the general health and ability for robust debate in the British political climate .

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If you are an MP and you are pushing for the UK to remain in the EU, which like it or not IS against the wishes of the British people, you deserve all the harassment you get.

I think all these remain MP need to start getting used to it.

I would have posted this in the Brexit thread, but I have been kicked for it. Don't know why, the NSC Gestapo don't give reasons for their actions.

I probably upset one of the "connected" remain whiners.

Maybe we should have a Brexit thread, and ban all the remainers. After all, they are against democracy.

37% of the British people voted to Leave in June 2016 (many of them on the basis of lies, and illegal spending by the Leave campaign).

It is you Brextremists - or FuQuitters - who have a weird understanding of democracy.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
on a side note ....the vote was 51.8 % leave 48.2% remain .......i think that is an outstandingly close call and indicates the general health and ability for robust debate in the British political climate .

And because actual turnout was 72%, that actually means that 37% of all eligible voters in Britain actually voted Leave, and 35% voted Remain, with 28% abstaining.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
52% leave v 48% remain isn’t exactly the will of the people. 70/30 yes, 52/48 no. 52% is a gnats cock over half of those that voted. Hardly overwhelming is it?

If the vote had been round the other way you can guarantee that Farage would have been pushing for another referendum within a year or so. Tbh, he’d be stupid not to.

I believe with all the shit that’s going on, the man on the street (or woman) and not the thinking types on NSC, if there was a second referendum the majority to leave would be bigger!

The simple truth is now people, and probably not just leave voters no longer trust politicians to carry out their will.

Clearly politicians have always lied to suit their needs, but I think your average Joe has probably now had enough!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And because actual turnout was 72%, that actually means that 37% of all eligible voters in Britain actually voted Leave, and 35% voted Remain, with 28% abstaining.

28 % not bothering to vote you mean .....i think 72 % of the population actually getting off their arses to vote is an outstanding effort......

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I believe with all the shit that’s going on, the man on the street (or woman) and not the thinking types on NSC, if there was a second referendum the majority to leave would be bigger!

The simple truth is now people, and probably not just leave voters no longer trust politicians to carry out their will.

Clearly politicians have always lied to suit their needs, but I think your average Joe has probably now had enough!
i think the internet has allowed those with an interest to get information that was not possible 20 years ago .........this SHOULD result in politicians finding it a lot harder to get away with the lies and misinformation of the past.......all that needs to happen now is total clarity on what the ACTUAL intentions of the establishment are regarding this ridiculous immigration situation with thousands of Brits living on the poverty line whilst foreign refugees seem to be kept in the lap of luxury at the tax payers expense.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
i think the internet has allowed those with an interest to get information that was not possible 20 years ago .........this SHOULD result in politicians finding it a lot harder to get away with the lies and misinformation of the past.......all that needs to happen now is total clarity on what the ACTUAL intentions of the establishment are regarding this ridiculous immigration situation with thousands of Brits living on the poverty line whilst foreign refugees seem to be kept in the lap of luxury at the tax payers expense.

Any evidence or actual examples, or are you just repeating the crap published daily in lying Right-wing rags like The Sun and the Express.

Blaming poverty on immigrants is always the Right's tactic to promote divide-and-rule among the population, and divert attention from the fact that many employers and companies paying poverty wages pay their CEOs and shareholders £millions each year.

Looks like you've fallen for this age-old trick hook, line and sinker.

Blame crap wages on bosses, not the immigrants.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
28 % not bothering to vote you mean .....i think 72 % of the population actually getting off their arses to vote is an outstanding effort......

Yes it was a fantastic turn out, but sadly it probably won’t be repeated in a General Election as there is a lack of trust that the individual vote counts for anything now...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well that was a quick bit of negotiation and writing of contracts. It was only 9 working days ago that you told us that you had no worries about your $1M pa worth of imports with no mention of re-sourcing them. Lucky no-one takes Xmas off in your industry :shrug:

(Didn't bother reading the rest but I'm guessing it's more 'they need us more than we need them' stuff)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here