Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Huddersfield are complete and utter rubbish. Every department of their team is sub-standard. None of their players would get into our 25 man squad. They are taking the place of a competent team and the sooner they're relegated the better. It was a rubbish Huddersfield team which got promoted, a rubbish Huddersfield team which stayed up by default last season and a rubbish Huddersfield team which is going to finish 20th this season.

Worst team in the Premier League since Derby.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Am I being accused of something I'm totally not doing again? If there is a Sussex Nomad on DATM it is absolutely NOT me!! I never go on their message board.
It did seem like a weird accusation.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Like others have said I have grown to loathe the fashionably stubbled sausage muncher...(Klippities best man you know) and Mooy scares me with his pebble head and murderers eyes.

I'm out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah, that's better than any high-performing investment. You can get 1/10 so £1,000 now will get a return of £100 in May - that's equivalent to a 30% interest rate.

My dad wasn't one for fatherly advice but he did tell me that I should never bet odds-on. I think it's generally sound advice but he wouldn't have seen how bad Huddersfield are

Believe me, there would have been a fair few Huddersfield's in your dad's day too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Personally I don't mind Huddersfield at all (except when laying against us, of course). I rather enjoy seeing a 'little' club (even though they're one of the few clubs to have won the league three years running, something which very few of the 'big' clubs have done!) punching above their weight and generally annoying the 'big' clubs bu occupying a place in the top flight.
Also, if they're still here next season, that'll mean we only have to finish ahead of two other clubs (just in case of the worst case scenario and we have a bad third season).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Believe me, there would have been a fair few Huddersfield's in your dad's day too.

Not sure that's true.

He died before the PL was formed but I certainly don't remember any teams being way adrift by the new year: the old 1st Division was much more competitive. I'm sure there must have been a team that stank the place out, but it would have been before my time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure that's true.

He died before the PL was formed but I certainly don't remember any teams being way adrift by the new year: the old 1st Division was much more competitive. I'm sure there must have been a team that stank the place out, but it would have been before my time.

Well Udders are 'only' four points behind Fulham, and nine points from safety, whilst not having the stats, shirley there have been other temas in a similar or worse position in fairly recent history?

Didn't Sunderland go down with a record low number of points when they last left the Premier League? That's not to say they were this far arift at the halfway point of course.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well Udders are 'only' four points behind Fulham, and nine points from safety, whilst not having the stats, shirley there have been other temas in a similar or worse position in fairly recent history?

I think that you have named the two virtual certanties for relegation and as such I think that we need 4 wins to be safe. as I cannot see 3 teams getting 4 more wins than we get.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn't Sunderland go down with a record low number of points when they last left the Premier League? That's not to say they were this far arift at the halfway point of course.

But that was in the Premier League ... as were Derby,

You said in my dad's day, before the PL was formed, and I certainly don't recall any teams seriously adrift at the halfway point of the season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Huddersfield have singed Puncheon on loan from Palace.

That’ll help.
32 now and has hardly played much football. Could be the experience Hudders are looking for though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here