Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The wind farm off Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s not “off Brighton” it’s off Worthing. Just saying.

According to a map I can’t upload, it stretches across Brighton as well as Worthing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They can be seen from France on a clear day but nobody is claiming them for the French.

Cables come in from the sea in the Borough of Worthing, therefore they belong to Worthing:kiss:

The wind farm can be seen from Newhaven, the maintenance department for it is here, therefore they belong to Newhaven :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The wind farm can be seen from Newhaven, the maintenance department for it is here, therefore they belong to Newhaven :)

Beat me to it.
The coastline is concave and there are well over a hundred windmills, so it stretches right across the coast.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They can be seen from France on a clear day but nobody is claiming them for the French.

Cables come in from the sea in the Borough of Worthing, therefore they belong to Worthing:kiss:

Yeah right. Visibility at sea is 30 miles on a clear day unless you're at an altitude.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It’s not “off Brighton” it’s off Worthing. Just saying.

Yep
Lets put this to bed. Its Worthing`s Wonderful Wind farm not anywhere else.When you see it from Worthing seafront the turbines align perfectly too.

rampion.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let’s be using its proper name , Rampion wind farm. True Sussex folk will know why.
As for those who don’t like them, will be at the end of their working life in 25 years where they will either be replaced with more turbines or with the latest technology of the day.
The cables also come in through the downs behind Lancing which are being fully restored and will be unnoticeable in around 5 years time.
It’s a great structure and I like them.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Sigh!

Wind farms the green myth. The panacea for clean energy.

Everyone just regurgitates the promotional garbage from the company developing wind farms.

Can power 000s of homes. yes when running at full capacity and all the homes are 2 bedroom with 2 adults and 1 child. Typical output is 1/4 of the rated capacity.

25 year lifetime, yes, endless maintenance, 11 years "green" payback on construction alone.

Germany the largest users / builders of wind farms has been building them for decades, guess how many conventional power stations they have closed, yep none? They have in fact commissioned new coal power stations as they have abandoned clean nuclear power.

If you buy "green" energy you are only paying a company that buys Renewable Energy Certificates (ROC) for power generated when it's least used (overnight).

Who knows what the answer is, I would imagine taking personal responsibility for the waste we all create.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
A blight polluting the views from our shoreline, and a drop in the ocean in terms of growing energy concerns which can only be (and will be) solved by fusion.

Sorry but the view of what exactly? Grey, dull unending sea like it was before? It’s the English Channel not the Lake District

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sigh!

Wind farms the green myth. The panacea for clean energy.

Everyone just regurgitates the promotional garbage from the company developing wind farms.

Can power 000s of homes. yes when running at full capacity and all the homes are 2 bedroom with 2 adults and 1 child. Typical output is 1/4 of the rated capacity.

25 year lifetime, yes, endless maintenance, 11 years "green" payback on construction alone.

Germany the largest users / builders of wind farms has been building them for decades, guess how many conventional power stations they have closed, yep none? They have in fact commissioned new coal power stations as they have abandoned clean nuclear power.

If you buy "green" energy you are only paying a company that buys Renewable Energy Certificates (ROC) for power generated when it's least used (overnight).

Who knows what the answer is, I would imagine taking personal responsibility for the waste we all create.

I think you've just conradicted yourself.

You've just claimed green energy is a myth. Then gone on to say electricity can be produced via wind farms. Plus, the issues you cite with costs of running green energy production are also there in all forms of electricity production. So what's your point? Trying to be edgy and contrary for the sake of it?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think you've just conradicted yourself.

You've just claimed green energy is a myth. Then gone on to say electricity can be produced via wind farms. Plus, the issues you cite with costs of running green energy production are also there in all forms of electricity production. So what's your point? Trying to be edgy and contrary for the sake of it?

No, either working for Exxon/the Koch Brothers/Robert Mercer/some other nefarious body, or lacking the entrepreneurial ability to recognise that he should be. Who knows which one is worse?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here