Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cameron isn't the problem and if anyone is to blame it's the whining remainers and useless politicians.
We had a vote and nobody was moaning way before the vote and up to the vote....everything started once all these idiots from the remain side couldn't accept the decision !!
Now if we had a strong leader from the start and exited earlier we would have been fine...sadly it dragged on and on and in my opinion it's a deliberate ploy to derail brexit.

Remainers?

LOL brilliant.

Brexiteers one by one ran away from any responsibility and without any plans for the unrealistic Brexit they sold and wanted.

But sure... remainers

You got what you voted for, we are leaving the EU. Enjoy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Now if we had a strong leader from the start and exited earlier we would have been fine...sadly it dragged on and on and in my opinion it's a deliberate ploy to derail brexit.

but there wasnt a strong leader on the leave side, and all the pretenderd have ducked out or failed to provide any real plans. even Mogg and the ERG could at best write up a few pages opposing the withdrawal aggreement, covering half dozen technical points. no alternative offered.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Cameron isn't the problem and if anyone is to blame it's the whining remainers and useless politicians.
We had a vote and nobody was moaning way before the vote and up to the vote....everything started once all these idiots from the remain side couldn't accept the decision !!

And people have a pop at me for calling leavers belligerent idiots.
That is up there with the funniest posts on this thread.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The UK wouldn't be fine.

If anyone follows the EU history they'll see that politicians first serve their career interests and holding things together is done at cost.

They will give as much as they see fit to serve the 27 nations interests and nothing more.

The UK cannot just pick up its ball and leave the park.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
seeing as one MP has already been murdered due to Brexit who can say how many more idiots are out there ?

Standard fare on some newspaper forums, advocating medieval torture to 'traitors' etc. Feelings of betrayal just fuel the justification for distrust of the elite and establishment, the forums becomes a vicious echo chamber of distrust and division. I did see a post saying that what happened to Jo Cox, was convenient, implying conspiracy.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
After a quite frankly profligate, copious match-day consumption of beer, even by my standards, yesterday I was in desperate need of a hair of the dog and general pick me up from being feeling a bit down about the performance more than the result. So what better at lunchtime than to read this comic gem on the front page of The Sunday Times earlier that actually had me sniggering into my pint of Guinness:

"There were fresh warnings that the Brexiteer Andrea Leadsom is contemplating resignation. An ally said she was "in deep thought and grief" that the "backstop" part of the deal, hated by Eurosceptics, was nodded through unchanged."

Andrea Leadsom in deep thought and grief shocker. Priceless. :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After a quite frankly profligate, copious match-day consumption of beer, even by my standards, yesterday I was in desperate need of a hair of the dog and general pick me up from being feeling a bit down about the performance more than the result. So what better at lunchtime than to read this comic gem on the front page of The Sunday Times earlier that actually had me sniggering into my pint of Guinness:

"There were fresh warnings that the Brexiteer Andrea Leadsom is contemplating resignation. An ally said she was "in deep thought and grief" that the "backstop" part of the deal, hated by Eurosceptics, was nodded through unchanged."

Andrea Leadsom in deep thought and grief shocker. Priceless. [emoji38]ol:
I wish she would just go, and go now.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Why Do British People Think The EU Is Their Enemy?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The exit deal negotiated by this Brexit government cannot pass through the House. It threatens the break up of the UK and leaves this country with no input to Eu decision making whilst requiring us to abide by their laws. This wasn’t what was sold during the referendum. Vote it down, and take it back to the people.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Andrea Leadsom in deep thought and grief shocker. Priceless. :lolol:

I'm incredibly worried that Leadsom might remain in office, hurry up Andrea ! get out and run off to your pension pot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The whole thing is now a shit storm nothing like what was promoted. Now would rather stay then accept this double back flip.

Bloody Hell ! We have a convert !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The exit deal negotiated by this Brexit government cannot pass through the House. It threatens the break up of the UK and leaves this country with no input to Eu decision making whilst requiring us to abide by their laws. This wasn’t what was sold during the referendum. Vote it down, and take it back to the people.

Problem is, people (somehow) believe what Farage etc are saying.

I don’t know how much more proof they need.

Surely as soon as JRM moved his business to Ireland that would have been enough for most?!?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The whole thing is now a shit storm nothing like what was promoted. Now would rather stay then accept this double back flip.

Seriously? Would you rather now remain than have this deal pass (and lest face its ****) or just remain and whatever that would entail, or are you just wishing that the clock could go back to June 22nd 2016? I'm interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here