Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] England v Wales tomorrow afternoon in the pointy ball game ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You try living in the heart of the rugby community, having a VERY english accent and Wales win! having my left testicle slowly removed with a blunt knife is a far happier thought!!
I'm sticking to 'man up'.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Richmond will turn in to the valleys tomorrow, with the Welsh rugby fans taking over the pubs, as has happened in previous years.
Even Gareth Edwards is guest of honour tonight at London Welsh RFC.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The BIG one as far as the Welsh are concerned......come on England.
Surely the big one as far as all of our opponents are concerned?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Welsh 3rd String Fly Half vs. Owen Farrell could be the difference.

I actually don't like Farrell much but I think he is good enough to play for the All Blacks and probably the only World Class Player we have at present although Itoje is nearly there.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The French loath the Italians more than us? Blimey.

Italians definitely dislike the French most. The French would see us as a natural rival due to the way the game has developed and the Italians more as a loathsome irritant.

Rugby rivalries are very different to football really. Wales are the team I like to beat most. But, really, it's not an angry thing. More of a sibling feud with grudging respect.

I support anyone against Australia...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So Scotland are shit, every team wants to beat England (especially the Welsh) but we actually hate the Australians more. Bigger fish to fry etc.

Maybe I'm beginning to understand egg chasing. Or maybe it's just cos that's standard in most sport.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really looking forward to this game. Wales remnants put Scotland to the sword last week, this is a test for England.

That said, I fancy Wales have too many missing and England should win this match. Itoje and Farrelll are immense.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I'm really looking forward to this game. Wales remnants put Scotland to the sword last week, this is a test for England.

That said, I fancy Wales have too many missing and England should win this match. Itoje and Farrelll are immense.

The fact is, the welsh always raise their game against us.......... no game involving England and wales is obvious....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So Scotland are shit, every team wants to beat England (especially the Welsh) but we actually hate the Australians more. Bigger fish to fry etc.

Maybe I'm beginning to understand egg chasing. Or maybe it's just cos that's standard in most sport.

The animosity comes from the Welsh rugby public, Martin Johnson spoke about it in his autobio. It's the chip on shoulder smaller neighbour against the arrogant major nation next door. Similarly, the dutch can't stand the germans in any sport.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm so absorbed with the PL that for the first time in years I'm more interested in Brighton's game than in the England one. It doesn't kick off until 16:45, so I can follow the Albion's progress and just miss the first 10 minutes or so of the Rugby.

By about half past six this evening I could be very happy or extremely miserable.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Looking forward to this. Both star studded teams full of Lions. IMO home advantage is a big factor in these, so England.

Hopefully no cards to England players, good disipline.

8 of Wales Lions are injured .

I think England were massive favourites until Jones decided to personally attack a couple of Wales players. Now it could be closer.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The French loath the Italians more than us? Blimey.

Having lived there for 8years,yes when it comes to football,but rugby and I lived in Toulouse i'dsay they would rather beat us,now if the Italians were as strong as the English,might be a different story

I found the French like all the other six nations countries,they always want England to lose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here