Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That is rather like saying you expect Celtic to seriously challenge for the SPL title. They are awesome. (The Pats that is, not Celtic).

Their defence is the key to this campaign, they have given up just three points through eight quarters, and after demoralizing the Steelers in Week 1,

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Think the Steelers may well have had their 'The king is dead, long live the king' moment this weekend.

Mason Rudolph looked much better than BB had so far this season before BB's injury yesterday.

I'm pretty excited, I took the liberty of watching Rudolph's (and James Washington's by extension) entire career at OSU when we drafted them so I'm all in.

The running back at OSU when Rudolph & Washington were breaking records? Yesterday's opponent Chris Carson. And yes - it was some offence at college level.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eagles spend most of the game with no wide receivers...and only just lost.

Not unhappy with that result ( a bit like potters team losing and everyone is happy) as we can’t be expected to win with no one to throw it to.

I am just a bit concerned that Wentz is needed to be kept protected as much as he is.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
From our point of view (Jags), that was a really dumb play to call. I totally agree with going for the 2 point conversion to win but we got nothing all game from running up the gut with Fournette, leave the ball with Minshew on an RPO and we score the conversion.

Minshew was rolling, Chark and Conley were getting open at will, Fournette had gone nowhere up the middle all day. Abysmal play calling. Defence balled out I thought, Ramsey so close to a pick 6. Watson was rattled back there and Hopkins was held to less than 40 yards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Viqueens followed the carebears lead and gift-wrapped another victory for the Packers.

AR came out on fire.
Cousins and their defence clawed (ran) their way back into the game.

A long, critical drive that was painstakingly organised on the ground, came to an end when inexplicably Cousins threw a pick, in the End zone,on first and goal. :lol:

Jul 7, 2003
Big Ben out for the season with an elbow injury requiring surgery

Think that might be the last we see of Big Ben as he has talked about retirement before. Brees also out for at least six weeks so the old guard are gradually disappearing.

As for my Broncos, what a finish to the game. Pretty average game for the first 59 minutes and then it all goes crazy.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Big Ben out for the season with an elbow injury requiring surgery

I don't know if he was inconvenienced by the injury before he came off and last week but Mason Rudolph's half in charge of the offence is by far their best half of the season so far.

Unfortunately my hunch is Rudolph isn't going to suck enough to get us near the top QB's in the 2020 draft nor be good enough to get us in the playoff hunt.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Very happy the Seahawks move to 2-0.

Still a few worries about our O-line’s protection of RW, but generally much better on offense this week, and solid on defense - most of Pittsburgh’s points came from us gifting them easy field positions with turnovers, we didn’t really let them put together a decent length-of-the-field drive all game.

And while of course I feel sorry for Drew Brees and Saints fans, playing them next week at CenturyLink gives us a highly grab-able opportunity to go 3-0. Which would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't know if he was inconvenienced by the injury before he came off and last week but Mason Rudolph's half in charge of the offence is by far their best half of the season so far.

Unfortunately my hunch is Rudolph isn't going to suck enough to get us near the top QB's in the 2020 draft nor be good enough to get us in the playoff hunt.
And it was clearly the Steelers hunch as well!

Steelers' move for Minkah Fitzpatrick bold, calculated -- and a bit desperate - Pittsburgh Steelers Blog- ESPN
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...d-calculated-and-a-bit-desperate?platform=amp

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Solid performance from my Browns last night - defense played brilliantly, but Garrett has to learn to ease up on the QB once he releases the ball! It also looked like Mayfield was trying to force the "home run" pass too many times instead of going through his reads and taking the safe option underneath etc - but a better all round display than last week. Chubb, OBJ and Landry stepped up to the plate as well which helped....and I thought Ratley had a few nice catches to keeps the sticks moving too.
Really tough few weeks ahead now, so its good to get a W on the board.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders back to form in week 2, will things ever change..........

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Solid performance from my Browns last night - defense played brilliantly, but Garrett has to learn to ease up on the QB once he releases the ball! It also looked like Mayfield was trying to force the "home run" pass too many times instead of going through his reads and taking the safe option underneath etc - but a better all round display than last week. Chubb, OBJ and Landry stepped up to the plate as well which helped....and I thought Ratley had a few nice catches to keeps the sticks moving too.
Really tough few weeks ahead now, so its good to get a W on the board.

Brilliant wasn't it? :)

Last week was SO disappointing, all the hype and then we very much revert to type. Typical bloody Browns (although I was always worried about the O line). Then the good ol' Jets hove into view and we get off the mark.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
Jalen Ramsey has requested a trade. Jaguars want at least 1 first round pick.

Douse me in petrol and set me on fire.

Just noticed this on twitter as well, what the hell is going on?? I don't blame him as the front office really don't have a clue how to win and Jalen is all about winning. No way we are able to get him on a contract now even if we don't trade him and Schefter reckons a trade could happen this week!! :cry:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Also hearing trade rumours about Kenyan Drake as well today. Been anonymous so far this season, but could do well elsewhere if moved on.
Dolphins following the Sashi Brown Formula, & hoping it'll pay off in 3 or 4 years time....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here