Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thunder bolt said that referendums are advisory. That differs from all that has been said, and was reported at the time, so I looked it up.

"Referendums are not legally binding, so legally the Government can ignore the results;"
Wikipedia

Perhaps they should have made that clear at the time , then debated it and chucked it out if they disagreed

The Referendum Act 2015 said it clearly but the press and general public didn't bother reading it clearly.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So, post next GE, if we're not happy with the final score we start marches, petitions, laws, short @rsed little upstarts as Speakers and sabotage the whole thing?

I find it amazing that people who shout loudest about wanting their democracy also want to abuse the democratic system.

Take back control - we never lost control as Parliament is sovereign. Governments answer to Parliament, not the other way round.

The Speaker is elected by all the MPs, and the man you are abusing has been elected three consecutive times by Parliament.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The Referendum Act 2015 said it clearly but the press and general public didn't bother reading it clearly.

People being persuaded to vote without knowing or understanding what they are voting for ? Surely that wouldn't happen.

It would obviously be a recipe for disaster :wink:

franks brother

The one thing that has puzzled me over the last few years , is the way people have suddenly been so obsessed with leaving the EU.
I know people that all the time I’ve known them had never shown any interest in politics or shown any dislike of Europe .
Then after the referendum are suddenly experts in trading deals, economics and world history specifically 1939-1945.
I’ve seen normally intelligent friends spout utter rubbish based on totally unfounded ‘facts’, and some sadly revealing very racist viewpoints.
Common sense has left them and they are looking forward to leaving at all cost.
Sheer madness!!

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The one thing that has puzzled me over the last few years , is the way people have suddenly been so obsessed with leaving the EU.
I know people that all the time I’ve known them had never shown any interest in politics or shown any dislike of Europe .
Then after the referendum are suddenly experts in trading deals, economics and world history specifically 1939-1945.
I’ve seen normally intelligent friends spout utter rubbish based on totally unfounded ‘facts’, and some sadly revealing very racist viewpoints.
Sheer madness!!

Its because they realised people knew their reasons for leaving were mostly based on 'johnny foreigner' and needed to change their narrative to look better.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sheer madness!!

You'll find none of that nonsense here! (coughs)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sheer madness!!

Great post and very true, you will see plenty of those types on here.
Ignorance and racism won the day for them, but in truth they struggle to string together a sentence that is either fact or makes any sense.
They live in a world of Facebook, Twitter and the bloke down the pub told me
Brexit must be stopped or a 2nd referendum called.
But I am and always have been resigned to the fact that we will leave one way or the other thanks to Cameron and an army of unbelievably thick people that now sadly infest this country.

Jan 30, 2008
There are numerous people on here that find themselves in a much more unpleasant cerebrally challenged environment having disappeared up their own back passage some time ago .. an amusing variation on this common remoaner affliction is MoS who is mainly to be found wedged up HWt's rear end.

Chuck in Birthofanorange, lever, Watford bloke and the clump and you've got the perfect Daisy chain with Thunderbolt sitting there pleasuring herself
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Great post and very true, you will see plenty of those types on here.
Ignorance and racism won the day for them, but in truth they struggle to string together a sentence that is either fact or makes any sense.
They live in a world of Facebook, Twitter and the bloke down the pub told me
Brexit must be stopped or a 2nd referendum called.
But I am and always have been resigned to the fact that we will leave one way or the other thanks to Cameron and an army of unbelievably thick people that now sadly infest this country.

Still waiting to hear what makes you so high and mighty to make those judgements I'd put you in the thick bracket myself for failing to grasp basic Democracy
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
I find it amazing that people who shout loudest about wanting their democracy also want to abuse the democratic system.

Take back control - we never lost control as Parliament is sovereign. Governments answer to Parliament, not the other way round.

The Speaker is elected by all the MPs, and the man you are abusing has been elected three consecutive times by Parliament.

He's shown his true colours when put on the spot,allowing a Dubious amendment through , of course you like what he's done as a remainer he's the ace card in the Pack for stalling and time wasting I'm sure he's looking forward to a life sitting on a toad stool
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
People being persuaded to vote without knowing or understanding what they are voting for ? Surely that wouldn't happen.

It would obviously be a recipe for disaster :wink:

I can see this bit of Sun's gone to your head I knew exactly why I wanted to vote leave I don't need smug people like you asking or telling me why I voted that way ,Get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd put you in the thick bracket myself for failing to grasp basic Democracy

Has anyone got a contact email for the OED? I'd like to revise their definition of the word 'Irony'.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I can see this bit of Sun's gone to your head I knew exactly why I wanted to vote leave I don't need smug people like you asking or telling me why I voted that way ,Get ready for Brexit
Regards
DF

When will it be Dribbling Fool?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carry on like this and the Lib-Dems will have the house majority before the next GE.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm going to stick my neck out here.
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] has been right all along. We will leave with no deal on Oct 31.

(well, when I say right all along, not the actual date, obviously. But you can't have everything).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here