Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] How much would you pay for an autograph?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Each to their own. I've never been an "autograph hunter" getting a scribble on a piece of paper or in an autograph book. Had an autograph book once, and I think the only autograph I got in it was Peter Eubanks.

BUT, a piece of memorabilia, signed, ah now that is a different kettle of fish. My lad got me an Albion shirt for Christmas, signed by the squad - largely indistinguishable - but I keep meaning to put a picture of it up on here to see if we can work out most of them between us. Absolutely love that, I was quite choked up when I opened it tbh.

I've got an NFL gameball at home signed by Superbowl V winner, and hollywood actor, Bubba Smith! And of course, I sorted that shirt for Chris, signed by Garry Nelson.

Autographs, no, but a signed bit of memorabilia, oh yes, love a little bit of that.

In those cases, its more the thoughtfulness behind the gift than the gift itself though ?

Adam el Abd signed one of those blue and yellow striped 'IT First' away shirts for my lad years ago, so we got it framed for him and its still hanging in the hallway to this day. Can't see that being worth much though :lolol:

One of our works do's a while back had a sports memorabilia charity auction, and some of the lots are up for mindboggling reserve prices. They've all got the certificates of authenticity, so you know its legit. I can vaguely remember a pair of boxing gloves in a display case signed by Mike Tyson which was starting at something like two and a half grand. Crazy money.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
$24,681,820 for an hómɛːros ( homer) autograph!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Each to their own. I've never been an "autograph hunter" getting a scribble on a piece of paper or in an autograph book. Had an autograph book once, and I think the only autograph I got in it was Peter Eubanks.

BUT, a piece of memorabilia, signed, ah now that is a different kettle of fish. My lad got me an Albion shirt for Christmas, signed by the squad - largely indistinguishable - but I keep meaning to put a picture of it up on here to see if we can work out most of them between us. Absolutely love that, I was quite choked up when I opened it tbh.

I've got an NFL gameball at home signed by Superbowl V winner, and hollywood actor, Bubba Smith! And of course, I sorted that shirt for Chris, signed by Garry Nelson.

Autographs, no, but a signed bit of memorabilia, oh yes, love a little bit of that.

Do they still put squad numbers by their signatures? I always find that helps��

P.S I also have Bob Dylan's signature on a print of his. Cost me the price of the picture.

P.P.S Just remembered I have Steve Earle's autograph on a vinyl copy of Terraplane which he signed when I bought it after the show. Cost me the price of a album.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have an old Motherwell shirt signed by Peter Marinello when he visited me in hospital when I was a kid.

I could possibly get an autograph of any footballer I wanted if I asked in the right places but absolutely none of them would ever be wort as much as the Marinello autograph.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was rewiring this old boys house last year in the loft he had loads of framed Arsenal shirts going way back with all the autographs up to the Bergkamp Wright era. I said nice collection up in the attic, he shrugged and said my son used to get them for me must be worth a shilling or two.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Fortunately I already own a number of items autographed by various members of my favourite band Iron Maiden.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Only one i ever wanted was Johnny's, got him to sign a photo of the two of us at a previous meeting.

Img_1875.jpg

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Many moons ago when I was a youngster I met Denis Forman in King Alfred,he asked if I could swim lenghts with him to help his fitness from an injury. He met bme at the Godstone and took me to meet the rest of the team and get all the autographs. As a kid I was in heaven .Bit different now.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The funny thing is before the era of money for signatures, autographs were actually worth something. Mr Scott needs a word with himself if he thinks his scribbles worth £300. He’s not even dead. The sheer cheek of it!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I collect sport and music memorabilia, specifically the 1966 winning squad and various musicians I like

My Bowie and bobby Moore signed pictures being favourites :)

Both are worth considerably more than I paid for them although I would never sell

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I have verified signed Mark Hamill and David Prose (Darth Vadar) from the early eighties. They are in investment as the value only increases.

Not that I would ever sell them!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Nothing - but I have asked various bands or artists to sign a CD or Vinyl album after the gig especially at the smaller venues when you get half a chance to meet them. Even got all the Foo's to sign a CD a few years ago outside the Concorde2.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
In those cases, its more the thoughtfulness behind the gift than the gift itself though ?

Adam el Abd signed one of those blue and yellow striped 'IT First' away shirts for my lad years ago, so we got it framed for him and its still hanging in the hallway to this day. Can't see that being worth much though :lolol:

One of our works do's a while back had a sports memorabilia charity auction, and some of the lots are up for mindboggling reserve prices. They've all got the certificates of authenticity, so you know its legit. I can vaguely remember a pair of boxing gloves in a display case signed by Mike Tyson which was starting at something like two and a half grand. Crazy money.

My mates got me a signed Kerry Mayo (unused substitute) away shirt for my 30th birthday a few (ok, many) years back. Got it framed and hanging up in a games room of sorts. The frame's probably worth more than the shirt. My in-laws have got a manky scrap of paper framed and hanging on the wall. It's only when you get close to it can you make out the signatures of all four Beatles. Must be worth a fair bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here