Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is terrible, lazy, journalism.
Two minutes on NSC woud have left him 100% better informed, and there are not many subjects you can say THAT about.

I guess that this is something very new, buying a player and then hoping he turns out to be good enough a year or two later to obtain a work permit. Do any other clubs have this model for spending millions (and yes I do appreciate that we will probably make good money whether he plays for us or not) and then loaning out to a foreign club because they can’t play in England?

Maybe one of our resident national sports journalists could have a word with the author of the article :wink:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
This painful line is like something from Brass Eye.

"the boy who got his wings in the city of angels, but is not yet ready to fly with the Seagulls."

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Terrible article.

Mentions over and over again we deem him not good enough and doesn’t once mention we can’t pick him because he hasn’t got a work permit.

Exactly. How lazy is this :

He is not yet ready to play a minute for the team that finished 17th in the Premier League last season, but already he is good enough to pull on the colours of one of the most storied of all international teams.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Name is getting out there
95fee35d9e003b4b770b3b17cb6e7b57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Before starting the day I'm having a quick trawl around the 'others'.
Jocko is adding to his value starting and getting the assist from the corner, before being replaced by Tevez:-

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talk Sports S American football reporter says that he will never play for us and will be sold in the summer to either a top team in Spain or Italy and he will be the sensation of either the next or following World Cup, taking over from Messi. I wonder what price he would go for? Apparently he is much too good for us even now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I read that post doing down the Albion as if it was written rather gleefully.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Talk Sports S American football reporter says that he will never play for us and will be sold in the summer to either a top team in Spain or Italy and he will be the sensation of either the next or following World Cup, taking over from Messi. I wonder what price he would go for? Apparently he is much too good for us even now.

Good luck to him playing poker with Bloom

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

If talk sport believes we have no say on the matter, that’s good enough for me.
We should Just release him now.
The last thing We want is players on our books that are too good for us.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Talk Sports S American football reporter says that he will never play for us and will be sold in the summer to either a top team in Spain or Italy and he will be the sensation of either the next or following World Cup, taking over from Messi..
Wow. Does he know the lottery numbers as well?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If talk sport believes we have no say on the matter, that’s good enough for me.
We should Just release him now.
The last thing We want is players on our books that our too good for us.
Let him fly.

Could it be that they see it as us making perhaps 3 or 4 times what we paid for him so a very good business deal. If that is the case perhaps it will replace some of the money we wasted on 3 players and enable us to be competitive in the transfer market for a hold up striker.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Could it be that they see it as us making perhaps 3 or 4 times what we paid for him so a very good business deal. If that is the case perhaps it will replace some of the money we wasted on 3 players and enable us to be competitive in the transfer market for a hold up striker.

“They” have zero say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here