Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hughton to Massive

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surprised by that one and thought that the Cowley brothers were being heavily linked with the job. Got to say that if I were a massive fan, I’d have much rather have the up and coming Cowley brothers over Monk, who seems to have a new job every season...

I wonder if they turned the job down, because surely that would have been a natural progression for them. Whereas Monk is a bit meh and probably won’t end well.....

I think it would have been a mistake for the Cowleys to jump ship at the first big opportunity, look at how Nathan Jones is getting on at Stoke. I think they're better off sticking with Lincoln, and taking an opportunity which comes up in the summer where they have the whole of pre-season to get the squad right. Sheffield Wednesday would expect whoever comes in to be able to challenge for the top 6 and although they're in better immediate shape than Stoke were when Jones took over, you do wonder if he regrets not getting the promotion under his belt and then making the move. His stock, like the Cowley's, was sky high when he was a success in League 1. I don't blame him for taking on the Stoke job, the salary increase was enormous and it's a big club relative to the league its in, but the squad was always going to be 2 if not 3 transfer windows away from being truly competitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here