Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim White

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair, (and yes the clock thing is horribly crass and totally in keeping with Sky) I heard White on TS a couple of weeks ago absolutely battering Steve Dale and got him on the phone to challenge him on the running of the club and really put him under pressure to explain his actions. He also got Stephen Dawson on (their Captain) to facilitate a conversation on how badly the situation was effecting players which was brave of all parties to go ahead with.

I'm not usually one to defend him as I find his self-aggrandizing nonsense unbearable and the "Legend of Jim White" seriously overplayed, but in this case he has openly been pushing to try and raise awareness of the Bury issue, to disregard this over the timer seems a bit like another example of people smashing into one incident without taking into account the wider picture.

How much of it is actually JW getting these people on the phone to his show though ? The Bury/Bolton debacles have been big news across all the sports desks lately. Its certainly no bad thing that its also getting national exposure on Whites radio show, but he's no journalist is he - he's basically a glorified newsreader. The production staff will be the ones doing all the legwork.

"Jim, we're getting Steve Dale on the show this morning to talk about the whole Bury situation"
"The what now ?"
"Bury. They're about to go bust, but Dale won't sell"
"Right. What berry is that ? Blackberry ? iPhone's really killed them"
"No, Jim..."
"You see that Pogba tweet last night ?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He seems to genuinely believe that he is some sort of lower league spokesman despite having the most limited of limited understanding of the situation (Trevor Sinclair was comically worse) and wouldn't find Bury on a map. His arse licking style is no use in a situation like this.
He is a c*nt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair, (and yes the clock thing is horribly crass and totally in keeping with Sky) I heard White on TS a couple of weeks ago absolutely battering Steve Dale and got him on the phone to challenge him on the running of the club and really put him under pressure to explain his actions. He also got Stephen Dawson on (their Captain) to facilitate a conversation on how badly the situation was effecting players which was brave of all parties to go ahead with.

I'm not usually one to defend him as I find his self-aggrandizing nonsense unbearable and the "Legend of Jim White" seriously overplayed, but in this case he has openly been pushing to try and raise awareness of the Bury issue, to disregard this over the timer seems a bit like another example of people smashing into one incident without taking into account the wider picture.
Interesting to hear that not everything he's done regarding Bury has been crass. But we're not disregarding that over just one thing (the timer), but rather taking into account what he's generally been like over the years. It seems that you're taking the one example of him doing something useful for a change, and not taking into account the wider picture.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Interesting to hear that not everything he's done regarding Bury has been crass. But we're not disregarding that over just one thing (the timer), but rather taking into account what he's generally been like over the years. It seems that you're taking the one example of him doing something useful for a change, and not taking into account the wider picture.

Not really, because the wider picture is that I don't really like him as a host or as a "reporter". He's a sensationalist and and egotist that spend most of his time blowing smoke up his own back side, I just think that for Bury specifically, he's made more of an effort than most to shine a light on the situation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not really, because the wider picture is that I don't really like him as a host or as a "reporter". He's a sensationalist and and egotist that spend most of his time blowing smoke up his own back side, I just think that for Bury specifically, he's made more of an effort than most to shine a light on the situation.

100% this

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another set of positive RAJAR results for Jim White and also Alan Brazil. Listener figures up again year on year, seems we can;t get enough of his debate of the key football issues of the day.

Also seems there is no stopping Heart FM, more people than ever want to turn up the feel good with their great array of popular music and their hilarious DJ's.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Brazil could still turn it on now.

37c99b3fc736e4cb85eb27fb9b8d2ce2.jpg

download.jpg

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Another set of positive RAJAR results for Jim White and also Alan Brazil. Listener figures up again year on year, seems we can;t get enough of his debate of the key football issues of the day.

Also seems there is no stopping Heart FM, more people than ever want to turn up the feel good with their great array of popular music and their hilarious DJ's.

I love Heart. it's a perfect little pick me up with their mix of light banter, showbiz gossip and informative news. the small number of tracks they play on rotation mean you are never far from a toe tapping hit and an instantly recognisable tune. Getting rid of the regional offices has streamlined it into a well run machine as the local news and traffic was just clunky.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Heart’s three retro stations ( 70s, 80s, 90s ) are good as there are hardly any adverts or DJs...

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Heart’s great - if you’ve just missed a tune you’ll have 10 more opportunities to hear it again in the day.....and the next day....and the next day......

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Heart’s great - if you’ve just missed a tune you’ll have 10 more opportunities to hear it again in the day.....and the next day....and the next day......

Their standards are slipping, I’ve not heard a song by Sam Smith or Jess Glynne on my commute to work the last 2 mornings.

:nono:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't like Heart but I was working in a house this morning and the customer had it on, I was there for about 2 hours.
2nd job also had it on and 3 of the songs were played while I was at my first job.
Just driven to London with Mrs Chopper and little Chipper, they wanted Heart on and bugger me those 3 same songs were played again.
It seems to me that Heart really like Justin Timberlake.
Is it me or is it inane waffle, ads, more waffle, a competition whereas you have to listen out for a certain song, more ads, a song, more waffle, then the news.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm quite new to Talksport and quite like it (in relatively short bursts - it's OK for driving though). But the minute Hawksbee and Jacobs come on, that's it - off switch. Fast.

Two grown men blubbering on about nothing in particular or even vaguely interesting. Apparently they're supposed to be funny? But one of them continually making a chortling noise like a bad impression of Mutley - presumably just to let us know when the supposedly amusing bits are happening - is just about the worst radio I've ever heard.

Out of interest have you listened to H and J anymore over the last couple of months and changed your mind at all?

Only because I’ve listened to talkSport for about 12 years (although a lot less lately) and that show is my absolute favourite, it still makes me crack up at times. Most people I know think the same though maybe it is one of those shows you have to listen to for a while to ‘get them’? They are funny and intelligence wise, are way above the average talkSport presenter.

I still can’t stand Jim White but the worst thing talkSport have done recently is replace Danny Kelly with Andy Goldstein on Trans Euro Express. I love that show but anything with Goldstein on is just unlistenable.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Out of interest have you listened to H and J anymore over the last couple of months and changed your mind at all?

Only because I’ve listened to talkSport for about 12 years (although a lot less lately) and that show is my absolute favourite, it still makes me crack up at times. Most people I know think the same though maybe it is one of those shows you have to listen to for a while to ‘get them’? They are funny and intelligence wise, are way above the average talkSport presenter.

I still can’t stand Jim White but the worst thing talkSport have done recently is replace Danny Kelly with Andy Goldstein on Trans Euro Express. I love that show but anything with Goldstein on is just unlistenable.

Agreed, H and J took time to grow on me, but they are also now my favorite show. Mr Brazil and Jim White do my nut in, everything is sensational so much so that when It truly is, it does not seems that way...

I actually quite enjoy nodding off to Cundy and Goldstein in the 10pm show, its quite a musing at times and they reel in the half pissed idiots who get a bit angry etc.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Congratulations to Jim, Moose and the team on winning radio show of the year at the sports journalists awards, fully deserved.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Same sentiments here.

H&J are a class act, far better than the banal wind-ups of many of their colleagues. I like Danny Kelly too, I think he presents in good faith and Simon Jordan is knowledgeable (but incredibly arrogant with it).

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Same sentiments here.

H&J are a class act, far better than the banal wind-ups of many of their colleagues.

Another vote here for H&J.
I share their sense of humour, they generally make me laugh several times during the course of a show, their clear love of the beautiful game matches my own, and their knowledge and intelligence in a wide variety of topics shines through ... particularly from Paul Hawksbee.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

H&J are one of the better things about TS. Sometimes it does get into something of competitive gag-fest. There's quite a lot of radio stuff that would benefit from the classic comedic tradition of the 'straight man' alongside the gag-master.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here