Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bristol Rovers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Anyway, back to our game tonight! Who impressed? Who failed to take their chance? From what I've heard our reserves and u23's should have won by a country mile, but fair play to Rovers in making a game of it. That Tom Nichols looks pretty good.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Very good assist from Connolly for Murray's goal. they should start against City, excellent experience for Connolly and Murray is still #1 by a long way. We need to ensure those round him get the ball into the box quickly , then he will do the business.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At home against a minnow, the mugs played the full array of very highly paid internationals and PL regulars, Roy taking the trophy seriously. Lovely to see monied arrogance failing at the first hurdle.

E34D7D4B-5E18-43D7-9BD4-50711B0F0CDF.png

Where’s Dougie and SE20?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A win

:rave::rave::rave:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Very good assist from Connolly for Murray's goal. they should start against City, excellent experience for Connolly and Murray is still #1 by a long way. We need to ensure those round him get the ball into the box quickly , then he will do the business.

It was Alzate with the assist for Murray's goal - Connolly runs towards the edge of the box as Alzate gets the ball (see link above).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
LOL, they have been eating their hearts out on BBS for years on this subject - I expect if ever GM decides to retire, they will try to sign him on a free [emoji2]
For sure. When Prince Charming is getting loads of stick for another dire transfer window, a free agent Murray signing will be his goto play to placate the goons gallery.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

they'll have to wait til he gets there

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Alzate did really well at RWB and CM in the second half. Really good footballing brain in him and a lovely assist for the winner. Though he faded a little Mooy was good too. Ali J and Bernardo might be disappointed on a night they needed to impress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just got in after the game (staying with sister in Redland).

Thoughts on the game :

Pretty dominant for nearly the whole game and the odd chance Rovers had was largely due to long ball stuff although Nichols took his goal well, helped in large part to Webster's mistake in letting him through. Two well taken goals especially Murray's from a great little incisive pass from Alzate who for me was the stand out player of the night.

Ali J tried hard and did attempt several shots but couldn't seem to hit the proverbial barn door tonight. Still not sure where his best position is.

Connolly looked really lively and had that poachers instinct for the goal although he did get brushed off the ball a fair bit especially in the 2nd half

Webster looked very ordinary and pretty rusty tonight. He didn't look like a £20m player but it was his first start and he will have the benefit of the doubt for me. I'm sure he will improve but will do well on this performace to force his way into the starting 11. Could though have scored with a late header. Mooy was also largely ineffective and didn't show anything to suggest he is chomping at the bit to be in the first 11 at the weekend. Another slight disappointment on what I saw.

Balogun - the surprise of the night along with Alzate. Showed his experience with some decent blocks and general level of passing far better than Webster although did give away a couple of needless free kicks.

The rest were much of a muchness. Murray didn't do that much but he has that X factor to be in the right place at the right time for Alzates pass. No others really stood out for me and it was interesting to see Locadia just a few rows down from me looking very bored and isolated for most of the match, and yes I was in the home stand as my nephews are Brizzle lads.

Decent result and a good evening all round.

Now for a quick last pint in the Cambridge Arms around the corner.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I missed the game, first (viewing on tv) for over a year. Looking at the stats of 26 shots to 3, must have been quite enjoyable.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
that's the problem with buying glasses from the pound shop.... on that stream though it does look like 44 at some point and i don't think it is just my glasses.

Just got in after the game (staying with sister in Redland).

Thoughts on the game :

Pretty dominant for nearly the whole game and the odd chance Rovers had was largely due to long ball stuff although Nichols took his goal well, helped in large part to Webster's mistake in letting him through. Two well taken goals especially Murray's from a great little incisive pass from Alzate who for me was the stand out player of the night.

Ali J tried hard and did attempt several shots but couldn't seem to hit the proverbial barn door tonight. Still not sure where his best position is.

Connolly looked really lively and had that poachers instinct for the goal although he did get brushed off the ball a fair bit especially in the 2nd half

Webster looked very ordinary and pretty rusty tonight. He didn't look like a £20m player but it was his first start and he will have the benefit of the doubt for me. I'm sure he will improve but will do well on this performace to force his way into the starting 11. Could though have scored with a late header. Mooy was also largely ineffective and didn't show anything to suggest he is chomping at the bit to be in the first 11 at the weekend. Another slight disappointment on what I saw.

Balogun - the surprise of the night along with Alzate. Showed his experience with some decent blocks and general level of passing far better than Webster although did give away a couple of needless free kicks.

The rest were much of a muchness. Murray didn't do that much but he has that X factor to be in the right place at the right time for Alzates pass. No others really stood out for me and it was interesting to see Locadia just a few rows down from me looking very bored and isolated for most of the match, and yes I was in the home stand as my nephews are Brizzle lads.

Decent result and a good evening all round.

Now for a quick last pint in the Cambridge Arms around the corner.

Thanks for that - nice summary.

How many Albion there roughly? Good atmosphere?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here