Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
I'm very touched that you've taken the effort to start my own fan club.

I'm equally touched that you know what I want, accept and believe .... you clearly know me better than Mrs WS. Shame you got it so wrong though.

I will tackle a theme running through my fan clubs posts though. When you've been called racist, thick, xenophobic, little Englander, a gammon, a prick etc etc etc in a thread - all for the audacity of having an alternative opinion on the EU and putting my cross in the opposite box to the people that throw those terms around with gay abandon, I'd suggest it's understandable that my posts on this thread are somewhat different to those on others.

Now don't you have some paperclips to box up to sell to the local council under that huge government contract you have ?

Nice bit of whataboutism.

I don't believe I have ever insulted you, despite being insulted by you myself, and I certainly haven't used any of the terms you quote, but If I have I apologise. I certainly wouldn't want you to waste your time trying to find an instance of me using these terms to you that you could then quote.

I notice that you still avoid the point of my post though. You still can't give the briefest outline of the 'good deal' you prefer, and you can't explain how 'no deal' would work without operational and economically disastrous results, or how we overcome the completely impossible issues of stopping freedom of movement on 31st Oct and how we begin trade negotiations from a position of the whole world having Tariff-free access.

The reason you have 'your own fan club' is because you are not an idiot like Ppf etc, and I believe you understand exactly what is happening. Yet you still push this agenda that, if it were successful (and it won't be) would cause millions less capable and well off than yourself to suffer horrendously. Do you not feel any responsibility to those people ?

Why do you keep pushing the lies of a 'good deal' and 'no deal'. Or maybe can you explain why they are not lies as described above ?

(The fact that I may, at some point in my past, have supplied the Government with paperclips or teabags does seem to rankle with yourself and Two profs though :wink:)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I mentioned last night how virtually all the British media had misunderstood what Merkel had said and today it's the turn of the German media to express bafflement as to how badly the Merkel/Johnson meeting had been reported. The SDZ response to this gung-ho reporting is typical "This (the reporting), however, is gross nonsense and shows the confusion of languages ​​that prevails in many political issues between London and the continent. In addition, the almost hysterical spin presented to the British public shows how much the British media can now be harnessed to the Brexit carts. For anyone who had seen the press conference and listened carefully to Merkel could not but wonder: none of that she had said.

On the contrary, Merkel had found a nice, new explanation for the much-cited backstop that was foreseen in the EU-UK deal in case Brussels and London could not find a solution to the difficult border issue in Northern Ireland until the end of the originally planned transition period. The German had called the backstop a "placeholder" to avoid a hard border on the Irish island. "It has been said that we will probably find such a solution in the next two years," Merkel said in retrospect. "But maybe you can find them in the next 30 days, why not?" Their message was clear: this placeholder is necessary, it was a sensible idea, and it stays until someone makes us a better suggestion."
(Google translate - not mine)

I watched the press conference and heard what she said and how she said it - she was almost laughing at him. It beggars belief that this was picked up as some sort of triumph for him

Well, I stand corrected. I am one of those people who was taken in.

I have a work colleague who has lied to me and stabbed me in the back on numerous occasions and yet when I meet him, he see so pleased to see me,and has so much charisma that I can't be cross for more than a few seconds. Maybe Boris (who I loath) has the same gift.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Question for the 54% of the Tory voters on the board whom are terrified of Muslims.

With free movement ending from the EU, and the UK widening the net for immigration as a result, are you afraid of more Muslims will settle here?

Bear in mind Muslims make up 25% of the worlds population. And the population percentage of Muslims outside the EU27 is even higher.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Your 30% rejection figure is not “slightly misleading” it is plainly wrong. Even that tweet says there has been “no rejection”

Settled status is granted when someone has lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. Pre-settled status is for those who have not lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. Those not entitled to settled status who get pre-settled status can upgrade their status when they have completed 5 years of living here continuously(rules apply for what is considered continuous).
Pre settled status is not kicking the can down the road,what an incredibly stupid thing to post.
If someone has been here for 2 days on a tier 2 work visa for example you wouldn’t expect the 5 year qualifying period of continuous residency to obtain indefinite leave to remain to be waved after 2 days, you would expect them to live and work here for 5 years continuously (with clear defined exceptions) before entitlement for indefinite leave to remain could be applied for .
No rejection is not No Rejections. Note the difference. There have been rejections, most notably the Director of Ofsted.

D

Deleted member 2719

His cunning plan has yet to be thought up.
Atleast Baldrick had a plan when he announced that he had a cunning plan.

It appears Abbott and Corbyn have a cunning plan too.

68562005_739878776426374_6508813780770619392_n.jpg

More like Abbott and Costello.

https://youtu.be/9udNrOh5DyA

Can you imagine Labour arranging cabinet? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No. The issue/argument over DR is that he will not acknowledge his name - so it is open to the rest of us to guess what it might be. When he makes a typically foolish comment, I hazard another guess at it. If he dare tell us what his name is I will use it.

Do you know what it is Westdene Seagull?

'Liar'? I put that down as another example of your lack of self control and awareness.

So you're actually saying you don't know what his initials DR stand for ? Despite there being numerous mentions of what it stands for on this thread ? Wow :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
So you're actually saying you don't know what his initials DR stand for ? Despite there being numerous mentions of what it stands for on this thread ? Wow :facepalm:

I think that constantly defending your little nazi-supporting, racist friend is a far better policy than trying to explain how your 'good deal' or no deal' would work.

It's certainly less embarrassing :blush:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cool.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...pping-northern-ireland/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Boris Johnson has been warned by senior Brexiteers including David Davis that they might not support his exit deal if he only succeeds in stripping out the Northern Ireland backstop.

David Davis, the former Exiting the European Union secretary, told The Telegraph's Chopper's Brexit Podcast that Mr Johnson would also have agree not to pay the full £39billion Brexit bill and set a time limit on the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice.

David Davis is a ****ing wanker.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

No.... I will try again Westdene Seagull.
DR does not acknowledge his moniker; when/if he acknowledges it, then I will address him by that name.... but I suspect he dare not do that. Until then, I think it is fair to fill in the gaps.

Your habitual sneering tone is noted.....as is your shift in focus

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I don't mind the BOT nature of the poster, but the fact we all know (MODS as well), due to a previous incarnation that the posters signature celebrates a Nazi SS unit that carried out the worst massacre of innocent people (a whole town) in 1944, we should call it out. The poster must enjoy the fact that he gets away with this, if it was celebrating the units that orchestrated the Nazi death camps it would not be allowed. The fact it is a lesser known brutal crime committed on French citizens allows the poster to flaunt the previous incarnation he was rightfully banned from using.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
No.... I will try again Westdene Seagull.
DR does not acknowledge his moniker; when/if he acknowledges it, then I will address him by that name.... but I suspect he dare not do that. Until then, I think it is fair to fill in the gaps.

Your habitual sneering tone is noted.....as is your shift in focus

But he is entitled to adopt a sneering tone as apparently I have called him

I will tackle a theme running through my fan clubs posts though. When you've been called racist, thick, xenophobic, little Englander, a gammon, a prick etc etc etc in a thread - all for the audacity of having an alternative opinion on the EU and putting my cross in the opposite box to the people that throw those terms around with gay abandon, I'd suggest it's understandable that my posts on this thread are somewhat different to those on others.

Now, I know he is far too busy to use the search function and quote where I called him these names, so I did it on his behalf. (I only looked up xenophobic, englander, prick and gammon because of the limitations of the search engine) and guess what ?

Every post I have made that show in the results for these searches were instances of me quoting where Westdene was accusing everyone of calling him those names :facepalm:

You couldn't make it up ! (Although it appears Westdene has :lolol:)

Last edited:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I don't mind the BOT nature of the poster, but the fact we all know (MODS as well), due to a previous incarnation that the posters signature celebrates a Nazi SS unit that carried out the worst massacre of innocent people (a whole town) in 1944, we should call it out. The poster must enjoy the fact that he gets away with this, if it was celebrating the units that orchestrated the Nazi death camps it would not be allowed. The fact it is a lesser known brutal crime committed on French citizens allows the poster to flaunt the previous incarnation he was rightfully banned from using.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre

Article is grim...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Article is grim...

Indefensible - you would think ???

Agreed with [MENTION=12947]Lincoln Imp[/MENTION] - I've never called for anyone's banning on here but this is utterly ludicrous.

Mods sort it the f**k out. It's 2019.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
But he is entitled to adopt a sneering tone as apparently I have called him

Now, I know he is far too busy to use the search function and quote where I called him these names, so I did it on his behalf. (I only looked up xenophobic, englander, prick and gammon because of the limitations of the search engine) and guess what ?

Every post I have made that show in the results for these searches were instances of me quoting where Westdene was accusing everyone of calling him those names :facepalm:

You couldn't make it up ! (Although it appears Westdene has :lolol:)

Once again you're letting you self importance run away with you. Where have I said that YOU have called me those terms ?

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Once again you're letting you self importance run away with you. Where have I said that YOU have called me those terms ?

Just there :shrug:

But all this 'I've been so insulted' and defending your little racist mate stuff is just whataboutism and diversionary bullshit to keep us from the real point of the thread.

How do you think your preferred 'good deal' and 'no deal' plans are going to work ???

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Just there :shrug:

But all this 'I've been so insulted' and defending your little racist mate stuff is just whataboutism and diversionary bullshit to keep us from the real point of the thread.

How do you think your preferred 'good deal' and 'no deal' plans are going to work ???

So I didn't say YOU had said them - I said I had been called them.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So I didn't say YOU had said them - I said I had been called them.

Blimey chaps, this is getting tedious! Call in the UN/ACAS/Court of Arbitration for Sport/ Relate OR agree to disagree. And I admire you both (in different way and maybe in one case stretching the word 'admire' a little beyond its generally accepted meaning) but anything for a quiet life...………………..!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here