Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] #BoycottArsenal

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will the spineless, simpering gobshites in the North East actually finally make a stand against the man they say they 'hate', but clearly need more than they've realised?

Will there be great swathes of empty seats in a near silent St James Park - No.

Or

Will they all turn up in replica shirts eating and drinking on the concourse then try to tell us how 'one man can't take our club away'. - Yes.

Morons.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They might but won’t notice because a) pretendance is always 60000 b) tourists will take their place. When I sat above the Albion support last time at Emirates I was shocked at just how many of their fans appear to fall into this category. It’s partly why the atmosphere is so poor, the constant churn also means no one knows each other as one gooner pointed out to me. I actually feel sorry for them. Highbury was great. They really miss it.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
They might but won’t notice because a) pretendance is always 60000 b) tourists will take their place. When I sat above the Albion support last time at Emirates I was shocked at just how many of their fans appear to fall into this category. It’s partly why the atmosphere is so poor, the constant churn also means no one knows each other as one gooner pointed out to me. I actually feel sorry for them. Highbury was great. They really miss it.

I think the OP means the Toon.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think the OP means the Toon.

Oh, well, didn’t Arsenal fans write an open letter to their Owner calling for change too?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd think we would still turn up, as all PL fans would.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

'We' wrote the book on ousting a chairman you say you hate.

Over the last 10 years their strategy wouldn't fill a post-it note (one of the little square ones, not even the bigger rectangles)

Any fanbase who wanted their chairman out as passionately as the Geordies would have us believe they are, (they aren't) would have done so at some point within the last 10 (ten) years.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

Over the last 10 years their strategy wouldn't fill a post-it note (one of the little square ones, not even the bigger rectangles)

Any fanbase who wanted their chairman out as passionately as the Geordies would have us believe they are, (they aren't) would have done so at some point within the last 10 (ten) years.
As I said, Premier League fans.

Different getting a few thousand in the lower divisions to boycott compared to 50,000 in the PL.

el punal

Hated as he is Ashley at least hasn’t tried to flog off St.James’ Park for his own pocket and then try and ground share with Darlington. We’re in a league of our own on that shitiness.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I said, Premier League fans.

Different getting a few thousand in the lower divisions to boycott compared to 50,000 in the PL.

But that's not the impression Newcastle fans like to portray of their collective loathing of the man.
(While wearing replica shirts and SoCal trackie bottoms)

To believe them they all despise him and want him out of their club, yet when push comes to shove, like today, they'll all still line his pockets and moan about.

Hated as he is Ashley at least hasn’t tried to flog off St.James’ Park for his own pocket and then try and ground share with Darlington. We’re in a league of our own on that shitiness.
Begging the question:-

'Why are they complaining?'

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
But that's not the impression Newcastle fans like to portray of their collective loathing of the man.
(While wearing replica shirts and SoCal trackie bottoms)

To believe them they all despise him and want him out of their club, yet when push comes to shove, like today, they'll all still line his pockets and moan about.

Begging the question:-

'Why are they complaining?'
Are we boycotting some away matches?

I'm sure the Geordies will have a better away attendance than us and we love our club.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I more meant the fans of each team in the premier league.

I disagree your point about fans protesting if we were in trouble again. Sure, those of us who were around twenty and more years ago are a lot older but we can teach the youngsters a thing or two about campaigning. I honestly think that if Bloom sold up and we were taken advantage of again, that fans would successfully mobilise, unlike Newcastle's fans who seem to think posting lots of angry messages on twitter and facebook is going to count for anything.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I disagree your point about fans protesting if we were in trouble again. Sure, those of us who were around twenty and more years ago are a lot older but we can teach the youngsters a thing or two about campaigning. I honestly think that if Bloom sold up and we were taken advantage of again, that fans would successfully mobilise, unlike Newcastle's fans who seem to think posting lots of angry messages on twitter and facebook is going to count for anything.
While handing over all their money to a billionaire who only cares about money.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1160467780405268480[/tweet]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tickets did go to general sale very early for this one by all accounts. But yeh, lots of blather, not much action as usual from the barcodes.

The Mackems are also spitting feathers it really is a great deal of fun.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Fair enough, I wasn't around for it back then so certainly not an expert.

Let's hope we don't have to find out. We certainly do a lot of moaning on NSC though, and I am sure other social media.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Fair enough, I wasn't around for it back then so certainly not an expert.

Let's hope we don't have to find out. We certainly do a lot of moaning on NSC though, and I am sure other social media.

but we spend hours moaning about no bottle caps, no flasks, why we aren't playing this multi million £ player in the right position, or why is Percy Tau not got a permit yet! Hardly the stuff of marches, and campaigns to remove a hated chairman. Happy days indeed to be a Brighton fan

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
but we spend hours moaning about no bottle caps, no flasks, why we aren't playing this multi million £ player in the right position, or why is Percy Tau not got a permit yet! Hardly the stuff of marches, and campaigns to remove a hated chairman. Happy days indeed to be a Brighton fan

Yes, we have a lot to be grateful for. But please don't remove our right to occasionally go full Victor Meldrew. We are at that age after all.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
While handing over all their money to a billionaire who only cares about money.

Maybe [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] would know, but has Ashley actually taken any money out of Newcastle FC ?

Because 12 years on, they are still in the same position as when he took over (albeit with relegations, promotions, FSW and Europa League), and if he's been taking money out as well, whilst maintaining that, then he's an even better businessman than I thought ???

The last figure I saw was that he had put in £144 Million in interest free loans.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here