Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps this is a question for [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] but would the Albion still be a bottom 4 funded team if they had bought Andone for the initial reported £15m+?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That’s the issue. Would other clubs want those players?

Can you say they had as much of an opportunity as AK last season? They were not CH players and he didn’t trust them like he did AK. Again, we’ll soon find out of they were a waste of money or if they were never given the opportunity to shine.

CH almost reverted to his Championship team by the end of the season and it was dire.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I can only assume we are looking to spend big and he was our most valuable asset which we could sell to part fund that purchase. No one would take Locadia, Ali J, Gross or Izzy for more than £5m . The rest are probably seen as must retain or worth even less.

IF the club is not bringing in someone else then it is a very poor move.

But if it's a season loan with £10m at the end of it, his move won't be funding anything this window.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I’d only imagine this happening if:

-Potter doesn’t fancy AK
-A replacement is inbound to balance the attacking options
-The price is right

Looks like this is happening. Which is gutting as AK has been very good for us. If no replacement is agreed by Watford I’d be very surprised.

I'm stunned if the reports regarding the price are accurate. Seems remarkably low, and Barber is normally excellent in these negotiations.

[Tweet] 1152287023828541440 [/Tweet]

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm stunned if the reports regarding the price are accurate. Seems remarkably low, and Barber is normally excellent in these negotiations.

That is ridiculously cheap in my opinion. 15m seemed low to me......really should be nearer 20million surely.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But if it's a season loan with £10m at the end of it, his move won't be funding anything this window.

One off the wage bill. And would we know if there was a loan fee? We seem quite keen on that sort of deal though.

Have to say Knockaert is one of my favourite ever Brighton players and I will be sad to see him go, even if the further break up of the Championship squad seems inevitable. Yes, he was high maintenance and wound up opposition fans but I loved him for the latter. He picked exactly the right ones to bait, winding up Massive Wednesday and Palace an absolute treat. Knocky got IT. For that, I loved him.

That he got IT was, unfortunately probably part of the downfall. Whenever the adrenaline was high he had too much of a heavy touch, tried to do it all or got sent off. Or all of them. And even when calm he had the tendency to try one dribble too many, one shot where there should have been a pass. But I believe part of that was because he loved the sight of us, behind the goal, going mental at the sight of a great goal.

With CH gone and Bruno deep in to a coaching role maybe the people who looked after can no longer do it. Maybe Potterball is more about pass and move and less about dribble round five players and then dribble round one again to humiliate him. Who knows. But what I do know is that, if he really is off, I hope there is someone at Fulham to look after him, because the bottom line is I hope the guy finds some peace,

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Thanks for the memories but the right move for both parties IMO.

Knockaert hasn’t made the impact we all hoped for in the PL and is an outstanding player at Championship level. His petulance was also an issue and I sense it would have been an ongoing issue this season that the top brass want to eradicate.

Be sure of one thing, players move on and we will have reinforcements lined up, I’m confident of that.

Thanks for the memories Anthony, the clubs been good to you and you’ve been good to us, but things move on as will both AK and the club.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is worth more than £10m in today's market surely?

That he might be but he's going in the wrong direction for 'added' value.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Perhaps it’s a way the deal has been packaged to help Fulham comply with FFP ?

If so surely it should be well above £10 million!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
That he might be but he's going in the wrong direction for 'added' value.

I guess I am thinking the value he could add to a championship club trying to return to the financial promised land. If he makes the difference for Fulham to bounce back - that is worth a fortune and we have seen what he can do at that level...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
May 8, 2018
Suspect a Loan fee plus reported 40k a week is 2m
Costs we will no longer service, all in 15m if he goes, if they don’t want him, he stays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Crap news and silly price .

Surely some big signings coming or we are knackered

Perhaps he’s mentally really not right , doesn’t make much sense

Thanks for the memories knocky and all the best

Crap

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I’d rather keep AJ and Locadia over.AK. We have seen the best of AK but have definitely haven’t seen the best of the other two. In the minority I accept, time will tell.

Crazy talk.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here