Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I see.

When did we leave again? The event that caused all of this mayhem and despair? Oh, we haven't and aren't likely to either. What happens SHOULD we ever leave will not be the misery you have so clearly and concisely listed whilst IN.

And you suggest that some Leavers might be lacking in some departments.

Good, so tell me how it will be better, bearing in mind, all ive listed are due to Brexit uncertainties. Glad to know you believe we are not leaving after all.
Im also not suggesting leavers might be lacking in some departments other than gullibility.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see.

When did we leave again? The event that caused all of this mayhem and despair? Oh, we haven't and aren't likely to either. What happens SHOULD we ever leave will not be the misery you have so clearly and concisely listed whilst IN.

And you suggest that some Leavers might be lacking in some departments.

My word you’re tedious. Even the other leave boneheads have moved on from this stupid argument.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The longer that the likes of yourself insist on calling Leavers idiots, the longer they will probably thrive and with greater vigour and determination.
Keep it up.

I personally see little value in calling a leaver an idiot, and you are right this reaction is likely.

I'd rather ask questions and they can contemplate if their solution is the correct course for the country, their family etc.

Most will not change their mind, its hard to admit you mind an error of judgement especially if you've chosen to be vocal about your position.

But as Brexit has slowly unraveled and its now increasingly clear what Brexit really means for most of us.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I personally see little value in calling a leaver an idiot, and you are right this reaction is likely.

I'd rather ask questions and they can contemplate if their solution is the correct course for the country, their family etc.

Most will not change their mind, its hard to admit you mind an error of judgement especially if you've chosen to be vocal about your position.

But as Brexit has slowly unraveled and its now increasingly clear what Brexit really means for most of us.

I agree that abuse is unhelpful but reasoned discussion seems increasingly impossible. Maybe Jonathan Swift got it right when he observed that ‘You cannot reason someone out of something he or she was not reasoned into’.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The longer that the likes of yourself insist on calling Leavers idiots, the longer they will probably thrive and with greater vigour and determination.
Keep it up.

I think you might have captured the mindset of some folk rather effectively - if rather depressingly. I'm not sure of the way around this one. It would be rather useful if we could all leap forward to witness what a post-Brexit UK would look like. I'm not sure that anyone could, with confidence, predict a more prosperous place at comfort with itself and the world. Perhaps you could paint a positive picture for the rest of us and carry a few along with you? (I strongly suspect - and notwithstanding your cognitive abilities - you'd find this very, very hard, because anyone would: it would be simply a leap of faith.)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are you saying we are all as bad as Nazis!? Hiw do you get that.
But seriously how that poster is still allowed to post amazes me. The mods HAVE to answer this. I will not stay if he is alowed to remain here. I don't know about you but I will not condone that view point, which is what we are doing if we allow them to stay.

This thread is getting toxic. Me, a reluctant remainer who spends much time attacking ridiculous swipes at leavers intellects. Folk have views to be considered on both sides.

As for the Fairy, I think we can all agree, it's time the DR thing was banned from his signature. We all know what it means. I don't mind being offended, but I don't think, with any standard or value, it should be allowed in discourse. Given the national events of today it brings this home.

What say the MODS ? [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Which other users have nazi inspired usernames and post links to far right, anti-semitic youtube channels? Do tell.

This is how is starts... some are fascists, others are fascist enablers, and/or apologists, and/or defenders. How anyone can fail to stand up to it, whether they be Leave or Remain supporters, is beyond me.....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This thread is getting toxic. Me, a reluctant remainer who spends much time attacking ridiculous swipes at leavers intellects. Folk have views to be considered on both sides.

As for the Fairy, I think we can all agree, it's time the DR thing was banned from his signature. We all know what it means. I don't mind being offended, but I don't think, with any standard or value, it should be allowed in discourse. Given the national events of today it brings this home.

What say the MODS ? [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

Had no idea for long time what the DR meant, but now I know it should be removed. There is no place for it

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Had no idea for long time what the DR meant, but now I know it should be removed. There is no place for it

What the nitwit is glorifying.

On 10 June, 1944. Diekmann's battalion sealed off Oradour-sur-Glane and ordered everyone within to assemble in the village square to have their identity papers examined. This included six non-residents who happened to be bicycling through the town when the SS unit arrived. The women and children were locked in the church, and the village was looted. The men were led to six barns and sheds, where machine guns were already in place.

According to a survivor's account, the SS men then began shooting, aiming for their legs. When victims were unable to move, the SS men covered them with fuel and set the barns on fire. Only six men managed to escape. One of them was later seen walking down a road and was shot dead. In all, 190 Frenchmen died.

The SS men next proceeded to the church and placed an incendiary device beside it. When it was ignited, women and children tried to escape through the doors and windows, only to be met with machine-gun fire. 247 women and 205 children died in the attack. The only survivor was 47-year-old Marguerite Rouffanche. She escaped through a rear sacristy window, followed by a young woman and child.[3] All three were shot, two of them fatally. Rouffanche crawled to some pea bushes and remained hidden overnight until she was found and rescued the next morning. About twenty villagers had fled Oradour-sur-Glane as soon as the SS unit had appeared. That night, the village was partially razed.

Several days later, the survivors were allowed to bury the 642 dead inhabitants of Oradour-sur-Glane who had been killed in just a few hours. Adolf Diekmann said the atrocity was in retaliation for the partisan activity in nearby Tulle and the kidnapping of an SS commander, Helmut Kämpfe.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think you might have captured the mindset of some folk rather effectively - if rather depressingly. I'm not sure of the way around this one. It would be rather useful if we could all leap forward to witness what a post-Brexit UK would look like. I'm not sure that anyone could, with confidence, predict a more prosperous place at comfort with itself and the world. Perhaps you could paint a positive picture for the rest of us and carry a few along with you? (I strongly suspect - and notwithstanding your cognitive abilities - you'd find this very, very hard, because anyone would: it would be simply a leap of faith.)

Likewise a leap forward to try and guage what a post EU Europe would look like, would alarm a lot of people even more. Its a scenario that many simply refuse to contemplate but we all know the only two things guaranteed in life is death and taxes. I know I am in a tiny minority but I believe the EU has a finite future. All political and economic history that has gone before indicates thus. There are serious groundswells in European politics and there will be changes ahead. Ignore these at your peril.
As for the UK, I believe that post Brexit, our financial services will continue to strengthen, globally. We will adjust taxation laws in this country and be extremely attractive to investors. At the moment a lot of money is leaving these shores. The majority of it is going to Switzerland and the Far East. Our domestic heartland, the 4-5 million SME's, need help. We can do this by alleviating some of the VAT burden, by setting our own levels. As for food, we need to set our own high standards and stick to them. At the moment there are too many differing levels within the EU. The Dutch are able to get away with intensive pig farming and flooding our catering market with millions of pounds of cheap, water and salt pumped bacon.
We could still enjoy the benefits of the EU internal market ( like Switzerland, Iceland and Norway ) via EFTA membership. Its the 9th largest trader in the world in goods and 5th largest in services. These are open, developed economies, performing far better than their size suggests.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Likewise a leap forward to try and guage what a post EU Europe would look like, would alarm a lot of people even more. Its a scenario that many simply refuse to contemplate but we all know the only two things guaranteed in life is death and taxes. I know I am in a tiny minority but I believe the EU has a finite future. All political and economic history that has gone before indicates thus. There are serious groundswells in European politics and there will be changes ahead. Ignore these at your peril.
As for the UK, I believe that post Brexit, our financial services will continue to strengthen, globally. We will adjust taxation laws in this country and be extremely attractive to investors. At the moment a lot of money is leaving these shores. The majority of it is going to Switzerland and the Far East. Our domestic heartland, the 4-5 million SME's, need help. We can do this by alleviating some of the VAT burden, by setting our own levels. As for food, we need to set our own high standards and stick to them. At the moment there are too many differing levels within the EU. The Dutch are able to get away with intensive pig farming and flooding our catering market with millions of pounds of cheap, water and salt pumped bacon.
We could still enjoy the benefits of the EU internal market ( like Switzerland, Iceland and Norway ) via EFTA membership. Its the 9th largest trader in the world in goods and 5th largest in services. These are open, developed economies, performing far better than their size suggests.

OK - what terms are you comfortable to exit with? Are you OK with no deal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here