Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Barber leads by 'email'. His nitpicking and self promotion could go down in Albion history as one of the best examples of 'rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic'. Ashworth was surely bought in to grow the infrastructure of the business based on a PL income. If we get relegated the decisions around flasks, bottle tops and recruitment of mid tier management will seem very 'unfocused'. Not sure Barber can just walk away as I believe he is now a part shareholder.
What is for sure is that Tony Bloom believes in continuity, and largely I agree with that. A new manager would have the same issues as CH, and surely CH is best placed to know the issues the team faces. the best managers are those that create options around how to deal with 'issues' and make brave choices on how to rectify them. Will CH put himself in that bracket come the end of the season. If we survive then I think he deserves another season with the backing of the Board to make improvements to the playing squad.
In terms of Barber, if we go down, then fingers need to point to him in terms of the club getting ahead of itself on the commercial front and being unfocused on the fact that the success of the team is the key priority, to all of its 'customers'.
Ahead of itself on the commercial front also equates to being behind the smallest PL clubs on the commercial front. So lucky to have him. Think how badly off we'd have been without him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the connection between Ashworth and Phil Neviile could be significant. I also wonder if the Academy reorganisation is on his agenda as we finished 3rd in the league which sounds impressive but none of the players look as if they are ready to step up to the first team except in a dire emergency as per Molumby to the bench yesterday.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've just posted this on the Talksport thread but feel it is just as valid here.

[tweet]1127876109805203456[/tweet]

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murphy is spot on with his comments for me.

Things evolve, for good or bad who knows but the time was right for a change.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here