• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Get him booked onto Match of the Day so we can fire him live on that I say

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
For me it is now out, there is something clearly wrong within the team and not sure Chris can turn it around with the remaining games

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I said it before and got slated for it but Hughton is out of his depth now. Yes he had a good run but we've gone backwards. 25 pts at the turn of the year and safety should have been a doddle yet we have contrived to lose to our nearest rivals at every opportunity. We play the game far too slow and far too negatively, always looking for the safety first pass back. AJ has got to be dropped. He's had his chance but he contributes nothing to the team. Murray was atrocious tonight. Propper needs dropping as his standards seem to be in terminal decline.

Can't see us getting another point all season which is a worry as I have tickets for every game!!! We need massive favours from Fulham and Palace.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In
The players are responsible for the last 2 performances.

I hear the players don't want to play for him because of his negative tactics.

What the actual ****! What was so negative about the tactics tonight or Saturday?

We lost because the players can't pass to each other or make themselves available for a forward pass.

This is not Hughton's fault!
As Warren alluded to there appears to be some players with an inflated sense of their own importance.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
This poll suggests that he’s lost the fans, which is a sad story. Hughton, do the right thing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The players and manager are out of their depth. The autumn high was false, with several narrow wins masking having been outplayed. Luck evens itself out, and this poor squad with little pace are now found out by almost every opposing coach.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Agreed. In for me.

Failing to make play offs next season and there will be questions.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
In

What the actual ****! What was so negative about the tactics tonight or Saturday?

We lost because the players can't pass to each other or make themselves available for a forward pass.

As Warren alluded to there appears to be some players with an inflated sense of their own importance.

It's his job to manage and motivate the players and he clearly isn't doing it.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
In

So what you are saying is that CH has lost the dressing room, because clearly the players aren't playing to his instructions or alternatively, they are so low in confidence that he can't raise them out of their stupor. Either way, I'm sorry to say CH is no longer doing his job.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
In

When your staff are unmotivated and under performing then management are responsible for resolving things. When things aren't resolved then the problem lies with management.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I'm firmly in the out camp after tonight.
I would hope that a caretaker could give the necessary bounce (as Nathan Jones did) to get us those elusive points to safety.
That said I have no idea who that could be, but trust Bloom and Barber are on the case.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In

Rubbish this has been coached into them thru his negative tactics. They have forgotten how to attack due to his emphasis on defence and the safe ball across the back

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
First time I've said out, sorry Chris.
Noticeable when a Cardiff player went down all the Cardiff players ran to Warnock and yet none went for instructions from Hughton which is unusual.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
No plan B, too pedestrian in our build up play, centre midfielders sit too deep yet D & D comfortable bringing ball out and end up in front of Stephens too often, no one breaks from midfield, Wingers have no confidence to get to byline and turn back on themselves after beating 1st man, all this points to coaching and tactics set out by manager & his staff not fault of players.
I’ve no confidence that Championship sides won’t suss us out next season and can’t see how we’d challenge top end of table for quick return.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Blimey! That poll is fairly clear.

I’m afraid tonight is the night I’ve turned. Up to now I have always held the “give him a chance a la Dyche” view. The rationale was always that it’s better to strive for stability rather than reach for the new manager every November when things start going wrong. I’d always presupposed that if we went down we would at least do so fighting. In the event, it looks like we are sleepwalking into relegation. Results have dried up, goals have dried up and it feels like ideas have dried up.

I’ve pretty much resigned myself to relegation at this point. I don’t envisage our tumbling through the trap door to League One the next season but I really can’t see Hughton fashioning a competitive team either on the basis of this current shambles.

I feel dirty for saying it, but I feel he has lost the team entirely. Time to go.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Out, and not just out but **** off out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here