Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomorrow night, would you take a point now?

Would you take a point now if offered it?

• Yes, we are shit so this is our best chance of staying up

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • No, Cardiff are as shit as us and a win pretty much guarantees safety

Votes: 180 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Would rather all 3 but to answer the question I would take 1 as I think we'd do enough/Cardiff wouldn't do enough to see us go down after that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be honest, I think a draw may not be enough anyway.
I fancy Cardiff to win against Palace and Fulham and if United have nothing to play for on the last match of the season, then who knows.
I wouldn't fancy our chances of picking up 4 points from our last games, if we can only draw against Cardiff.

We will stay up if we win. We have to go for it.

So for once.... No I would not take a point.
That's where I'm at.

Tomorrow is the Championship playoff final. We need to start with a good atmosphere, and not get on the players backs if it doesn't start well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tricky one....Yes would take a point leaving Cardiff five behind us with four games to play. Liverpool H, Fulham A, Palace H, Man U A.

IMO, a win we stay up, a draw we 95% stay up, a loss we 65% stay up.

I don't think a draw is as good as 95% stay up, I'd say about 60%. Cardiff can absolutely beat Fulham and Palace, both on the beach for different reasons. Also, if Man Utd final position is decided by final day and Cardiff go all out for a battling draw they could sneak it.

We've got to win tomorrow to feel even vaguely safe.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They play at least 8 games a season less FFS! Mentally tired maybe, but that's because they're playing at the top level now, that's what they're paid for!

You realise that getting paid more money doesn't suddenly make you an invincible superhuman, right? How much they are paid makes **** all difference as to whether they're human or not.

Footballers are human beings, with a finite amount of energy at any one time. Also, they're up against other very fit, very athletic humans. Just small percentages here and there of tiredness can make a massive difference at the top level.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Neither did we. We were attacking, and we got hit on the counter.

For the first 20 minutes.

Also bit daft to suggest there is only ONE way to go more attacking. Surely Chris isn't that insanely limited...?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, I hope that doesn't happen, but I think he has reached the end with us , regardless of staying up or not.
However, I am not Tony Bloom and if we do stay up, I would be very surprised if he shows Hughton the door.

I think it would only happen if we had an exciting young prospect manager lined up, and even then yes he would probably give Hughton until at least around November/December. If we're struggling again next season the pressure might get too much.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hell yes!
They may beat Palace, but will have a tough game at Fulham, and are unlikely to beat Utd or Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
a) I'm not accusing Hughton of being too negative,
b) I'd like to see us go all out for the win

but

c) I'd take a point now if you offered it, as I fear the consequences of a defeat.

Agree A defeat would be disastrous and having just watched there game v Burnley sorry but they look far better then us. After going 1 down they put Burnley under a lot of pressure. Something I cant remember us doing against anybody. Never mind am sure we will score from a corner or free kick.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For the first 20 minutes.
We were attacking when they scored on the break after half an hour. We continued to attack.
Also bit daft to suggest there is only ONE way to go more attacking.
Who's suggesting there's only one way to attack? You said they didn't come with an attitude of "Don't lose at any cost", and I'm simply pointing out that neither did we.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We continued to attack.
Who's suggesting there's only one way to attack? You said they didn't come with an attitude of "Don't lose at any cost", and I'm simply pointing out that neither did we.

Ish. We didn't exactly go balls to the wall, as evidenced by our substitutions, STILL refusing to play two up top at home against a bang average side.

You said Chris has tried 433 to be more attacking and it hasn't really worked, implying by your comment that is the way we could attack, and therefore all attempts at attacking play aren't working.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ish. We didn't exactly go balls to the wall, as evidenced by our substitutions, STILL refusing to play two up top at home against a bang average side.
We did go 2 up front when Jose came on. And no we weren't balls to the wall before that, but we also didn't start the game as defensively as we usually do.

You said Chris has tried 433 to be more attacking and it hasn't really worked, implying by your comment that is the way we could attack, and therefore all attempts at attacking play aren't working.
You didn't quote that, so I wasn't sure what you were referring to. I'm certainly not suggesting there's only one way to attack, I said when 'Chris tries to have us attack more, it often fails'. I'm just pointing out that it's repeatedly failed for him this season. It has worked sometimes, but he obviously hasn't found a way to do attack while being able to stop a counter-attacking side.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No. I think anything less than a win relegates us.

Win and we're safe, Cardiff don't get near 8 points.
Draw and we lose out just. Momentum will be with Cardiff, two wins v Palace and Fulham and I think we fail to pick up another point. Down we go.
Lose and the rest of the season is basically a formality, play, lose, sink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here