Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Bloom needs to go"

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is all down to the gap between the top 6 and the rest. It's ridiculous. The top 6 gap is twice as big as the gap between the rest of the Prem and the Championship.
I bet in the next ten/fifteen years we're going to see a billion pound transfer fee made by a top 6 club whilst the rest of the Prem are still averaging around £30m max transfer fees.

Sooner or later, there's going to have to be a maximum transfer spend per season on players, regardless of wealth. The same problem is happening in all the top division around Europe. So many one horse race divisions. Every top team backed by someone insanely rich. This is not healthy for the game.

I wish 'the rest' of the Prem would all agree to play their u23's against the top teams being that they would all probably lose anyway. Just treat the top 6 as exhibition matches for the youngsters who get to meet their heroes and play in-front of a small crowd. It killed the League/Uefa cup, so why not use it to kill off the super rich teams?
Ok yes fine

But.....

Teams like Bournemouth , Watford , wolves , even Southampton and Newcastle are all decent to watch

We are the most boring team in the premier League by miles.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
True, but Tony Bloom is a genuine fan, one of us and that’s why we’re so lucky to have him at the helm. It can only be a Palace supporter or a complete arsx who would suggest otherwise..........yes, bring back Archer, or invite the Oystons in.

Vincent Tan @ Cardiff could do a job for us here.

We'd have a Warnockesque manager and be playing in red shirts next season - is that REALLY what some people would be happier with?

It's very clear, if we survive this season, that a proven PL goal scorer is required.

KTF

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
TB certainly need to revisit the wage structure and the recruitment policy to put a check on us falling out of step with our end of the division. And no it's not my money. But it's not my investment that's in dire jeopardy either.

Loathed to bump a thread which has quoted some clueless dunce's comments somehow promoting serious discussion, but I'll do it anyway.

I agree, if we limp over the line our wage cap needs to go up by at least 20k to attract players who can improve us.

Problem I can see is we reportedly have 'match highest earner' clauses so it will be a significant bump in overall wage budget and result in paying certain players above their worth.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
TB certainly need to revisit the wage structure and the recruitment policy to put a check on us falling out of step with our end of the division. And no it's not my money. But it's not my investment that's in dire jeopardy either.

I think that changing playing tactics would be the more important first step.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think that changing playing tactics would be the more important first step.

the team looked yesterday , like it had lost it's way .....absolutely clueless how to play against a mobile , committed team ......that was the hardest thing about the match , they didn't seem to have a clue..... boys against men ...!! some players were downright and utter GASH...!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
the team looked yesterday , like it had lost it's way .....absolutely clueless how to play against a mobile , committed team ......that was the hardest thing about the match , they didn't seem to have a clue..... boys against men ...!! some players were downright and utter GASH...!!

After the game against Stains, I commented on the match thread that I couldn’t see us winning another game for the rest of the season.
Hope I am not right.
Wifey hasstling to go to Perth Garden Festival, so have to log off now.
The players have lost belief in their ability to play under this management, something has to change.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After the game against Stains, I commented on the match thread that I couldn’t see us winning another game for the rest of the season.
Hope I am not right.
Wifey hasstling to go to Perth Garden Festival, have to log off now.
The players have lost belief in their ability to play under this management, something has to change.

It's such a chore for some of us, I'm getting dragged off to the hanging gardens of Babylon, this afternoon :facepalm:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Perhaps we should rename VAR to video assisted relegation, just to clarify what we're already doing to ourselves :shrug:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Unless Bloom can guarantee we’ll never lose a game ever again, then he must WALK!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think Bloom needs to get all the players , CH , in a room and find out what the problem is and sort it , quickly

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You hear about these 'dressing-room moments' where it is a total free-for-all, players letting anger/frustrations out and thrashing it out there and then. Sometimes this is better without the manager in there.

If I was Hughton I'd have got them all back there, told them 'You've got half an hour to sort this out' and locked the door. Then gone back in and asked 'Has anyone got anything f*****g useful to tell me?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here