Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next manager?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It should be next chief scout, not next manager.

The chief scout doesn’t get the midfield and defence to back off 5 yards to allow the opposing team more space and create chances.

The chief scout doesn’t select a formation which clearly doesn’t work.

The chief scout isn’t one who should have a plan b in the event plan a doesn’t work

The chief scout doesn’t play players out of position to fit a system which isn’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Joey Barton could do a job.

Oh, hang on, no, he won't be available for work for some time :hilton:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
The chief scout doesn’t get the midfield and defence to back off 5 yards to allow the opposing team more space and create chances.

The chief scout doesn’t select a formation which clearly doesn’t work.

The chief scout isn’t one who should have a plan b in the event plan a doesn’t work

The chief scout doesn’t play players out of position to fit a system which isn’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly good, you've done your research. The chief scout doesn't make the breakfasts in the morning either. The chief scout does though, along with the rest of the recruitment team, share the accountability for finding players appropriate to play in the PL. That objective has not been successfully achieved and is fundamental to the problem.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Big Sam, Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes or Steve McLaren

If want cant land any of those then Dave Basset for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slightly older, but Guus Hiddink? He might give our youngsters a start and is ideally placed to trawl the Chinese market.

Nah too much Premier League experience we need someone relatively new to the Eredivisie.

Or Calde!!!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Dieter Hecking. Has turned Borussia Monchengladbach in to a solid top half team in Germany with a few runs in Europe, before that he even won some silverware with Wolfsburg. He’s not having his contract renewed in the summer as he’s being replaced by Marco Rose (who would have been my first choice).

He’s built a very good youngish squad there which has real potential to kick on. Hazard, Ginter, Plea, Zakaria etc.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I hope so too, but I'm not confident. I found CHs post match comments almost just as worrying. It could have been worse... We were up against a dynamic team (who had a worse away record than us) ... What's the opposite of fighting talk!?

and here in is my big concern with our Chris. There is no doubting his is a top top guy. He’s done so much for us and for that we should be very grateful. One his best attributes is his measured and respectful way in which he conducts himself and what he says. No ‘look at me Im Billy Big orlocks’, and that’s fine’ish talking that way to the press when things are going well. However I’m concerned that that humbleness is taken into the dressing room. It could also be that talking up theopostiton as he does through his style, ie ‘we came up against a very talented team’ etc etc starts to rub off subliminally to our players. When do they start to think that they are hearing ‘The other team are talented, we’re not’?

Now I’m not saying that is the case, I’m just struggling to make sense of what we are seeing happpen right now with our team.

Oh, almost forgot who for next manager? I’m not clued up on European footy to be honest so can only base on UK. In the basis we were to go down, i’d take a punt on Nathan Jones, as for in the Premier I really don’t know.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I'm #HughtonIn BUT if he was to go, my pick would be Chris Wilder which would only happen if Sheff Utd don't go up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here