Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing when Andone was subbed

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Afraid Andone has been very disappointing when he starts

Bizarrely Murray would have been better in first half when some crosses actually came in!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It was not an obvious sub, why not just move Locadia in to the 2 where he belongs. If you have chosen Andone as your main striker but it’s not working why not change the supply? Izzy was warming up and a logical choice would have been to put him on the wing and move Locadia thereby only using 1 sub. Then if that doesn’t work you can swap in Murray for one of the two. Made no sense to me, but it is a matter of opinions. Actually was good to hear a range of views freely exchanged in the NS without acrimony.

Just asking - why was Izzy a logical choice? He looks unfit and frankly clueless and more like a one trick carthorse than pony. You can read him like a book with large print! Andone was as ineffectual as a lone striker as Murray has been. I imagine Hughton thought that changing a fast, short ineffectual striker for a slow, taller striker might be worth trying. I thought so at the time anyway.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Just asking - why was Izzy a logical choice? He looks unfit and frankly clueless and more like a one trick carthorse than pony. You can read him like a book with large print! Andone was as ineffectual as a lone striker as Murray has been. I imagine Hughton thought that changing a fast, short ineffectual striker for a slow, taller ineffectual striker might be worth trying. I thought so at the time anyway.

I thought you were lining up for the above!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Just asking - why was Izzy a logical choice? He looks unfit and frankly clueless and more like a one trick carthorse than pony. You can read him like a book with large print! Andone was as ineffectual as a lone striker as Murray has been. I imagine Hughton thought that changing a fast, short ineffectual striker for a slow, taller striker might be worth trying. I thought so at the time anyway.
Because his natural role is as a wide player, in contrast to Locadia. I agree that I might prefer a better wide player (not Zaha, obvs) but of the choices on the bench he was the one.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Very disappointing today. I was really pleased to see him starting today and expected a big performance. He even managed to **** up being substituted.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I'm not a big fan of booing my own player(s), team, manager but I reserve my right to do so when I feel it's justified.

I don't need snowflakes to tell me that I can't do it, thanks for the advice all the same :glare:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have to disagree. There's not much you can do or even say these days as a high paying supporter of a club. Booing sends a clear polite harmless signal of dissatisfaction. We have, rightly, seen a lot worse in the not too distant past. We're probably not allowed to be any more dissatisfied, legally, these days.

Dissatisfied or not, doesn’t ever help anything does it? It’s not going to make things any better. Self indulgent if you ask me, certainly not for the good of the team or club.

As a fan base we’ve lauded up where we’ve been, what we fought for to save the club, first sign of trouble in 4 years and we turn on them - embarrassing I thought.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Andone was a zero out of ten. Shit at everything, no pace for a supposedly incredible younger player who puts Muzza to shame, no fight, no desire, didn’t looking for the ball.

Agreed.
Useless today, can't believe he played so well against Palace at home and then looked like a complete donkey today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Booing Andone or Hughton for subbing him wasn’t as bad as clapping, cheering and singing his song as Knockaert left the pitch. He deserved **** all recognition for that stupid, petulant hack.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here