Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton Out amnesty

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not good enough for the Premier League, even if he keeps us in the Premier League?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Too risky for a third season. Can you honestly see a spark of hope for the future here? It isn't the recruitment. Ali J was Erweirdyvision lead scorer last season. No goals for us. Locardia is a decent player, yet he looks pissed off. Andone is fast becoming the new Baldock, complete with crisps for legs. We don't know how to attack at pace. Only Huddersfield look more toothless than us. Our players are no more to blame than the poor buggers driving the trains are responsible for the 'no working toilets' and the 'cancelled due to the fact that the shit heap has broken down'. Again.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I agree in part, one thing however remains undeniable: today was nothing short of a footballing disgrace.

The players need to shoulder the blame, but Chris needs to do something really special to turn us round... do you believe he can Dale? What say you? And why... by what evidence? Blind faith... or something more tangible, that I am missing?

I’m beginning to see his light ebb, the turning of the tide has arrived.

For me, Chris needs to drop nearly the entire team from today, bring in our available decent young players and attack from the off... again I have my doubts any of this will happen.

As for a win... hmmmmmm... I live in hope, but a fading one at that.

A bad day at the office.

Yes, exactly -today was dire -totally. To be fair to CH, initially, there did seem to be more attacking intent, he can't be blamed for Knocky's idiocy and some of the goals came from our bad passing. But the usual defensive crap was evident as well, and taking one striker off, who admittedly hadn't had much of an effect, was symptomatic of the malaise. We are woeful up front, in part to our poor recruitment, but also because attacking has never figured predominantly in CH's tactics. How many shots on goal, let alone an actual goal, have we had recently? This season has seen us become ever poorer, with just the occasional highlight to lift the gloom.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Netherlands and Ajax don't seem to be doing too badly at the moment.

TBH saying "Ajax aren't doing too badly" in defence of signing players from the Netherlands (despite the evidence in front of our faces that two of the top performers in that league are clearly not good enough) is a bit like saying "it doesn't matter that we're bringing players from Hamilton and Livingston into the Premier League because Celtic are quite good". I should also point out that the Dutch have failed to qualify for both of the last two major tournaments and while they are in the finals of the Nations League this is largely because they beat the worst German team in 20 years twice.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yeah ok fine. Let's keep supporting a manager who hasn't got a ****ing clue

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yes, exactly -today was dire -totally. To be fair to CH, initially, there did seem to be more attacking intent, he can't be blamed for Knocky's idiocy and some of the goals came from our bad passing. But the usual defensive crap was evident as well, and taking one striker off, who admittedly hadn't had much of an effect, was symptomatic of the malaise. We are woeful up front, in part to our poor recruitment, but also because attacking has never figured predominantly in CH's tactics. How many shots on goal, let alone an actual goal, have we had recently? This season has seen us become ever poorer, with just the occasional highlight to lift the gloom.

Totally agree. Good post.

It’s been awful, tonight is a genuine low point. Embarrassing at best, heart breaking at worst.

Anyone trying to defend any of it, well, they’re ignoring the stark reality: we are in deep shit.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
From mid-season onwards there has been something wrong in the camp, I can't put my finger on what it was that derailed our season at that time but felt it was happening just prior to the Winter transfer window.

I can honestly say I was shocked when Hughton said to anyone who asked him, that he was happy with the squad of players he'd got and was not looking to strengthen in the transfer window.
ALARM BELLS started ringing for me as I was watching a team at that time that did need adding to and I wondered what was happening on Planet Hughton that he couldn't see we urgently needed some better quality players.

Anyway, here we are, just watched an Albion team bereft of ideas, lacking in quality and belief and not playing anywhere near to the potential they showed earlier in the season.

Rumblings of the unhappy campers from within the team are now seeping out, doesn''t strike me as a recipe for the future, or even now just when we need team spirit and togetherness.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Today was terrible but we have to move on quickly, (now) because on Tuesday we have one of the biggest games in the club’s history.
Now is not the time to turn on the players or our manager. To do so would be to play into warnocks hands

Way too late for that. We played into his hands by losing 5 nil today and giving his team nothing to fear and the ascendancy.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Before B'muff. Players: 'boss, it's getting frustrating, all this defensive stuff'. CH: ' ok lads, I'm listening, attacking intent it is then'
After B'muff. CH 'Now shut the f..k up you lot. Tuesday is all about not losing'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Before B'muff. Players: 'boss, it's getting frustrating, all this defensive stuff'. CH: ' ok lads, I'm listening, attacking intent it is then'
After B'muff. CH 'Now shut the f..k up you lot. Tuesday is all about not losing'

I’m really not sure today was ‘attacking intent day’

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I just know Tuesday will be a 0-0 the team will be set up not to lose

Sadly some of our starting elevens set up this way recently have failed to deliver but, there again, perhaps it is not necessarily the fault of the 'team' !

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When we were in the old championship after back to back nosebleed promotions, and going down, I used to listen to this track a lot. Bit of black humour, perhaps. Listening to it tonight made me smile. "We'd rather lose than fight, we're going down, and down". Bollocks to that. We are properly equipt to NOT go down now. Let's not go down, eh EH? ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeWwE0GoMp4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here