Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If he is he’s not doing a very good job of it, seems to be skint and living in a pretty depressing flat, not what you’d expect of a high level bent cop imo.

Anyway it’s good Sunday night entertainment with holes in the plot but who cares?
Well if he isn't, then there is no hole in that part of the plot! The audience is clearly being directed towards that possibility, and if it happens then your criticism is warranted!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Well if he isn't, then there is no hole in that part of the plot! The audience is clearly being directed towards that possibility, and if it happens then your criticism is warranted!

It’s too obvious.

The plot lines are all quite dynamic. Last week I thought Corbett wouldn’t have blown his cover till closer to the end. But there he was this week explaining himself to Arnott.

I reckon whatever is going on with Hastings will come out next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If he is he’s not doing a very good job of it, seems to be skint and living in a pretty depressing flat, not what you’d expect of a high level bent cop imo.

he's living in a pretty depressing hotel with a toilet that doesn't work.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon 1 of the big 3 characters will die *in the line of duty* at the end of this series, and that next season will be about resolving everything with that added motivation.

My guess is, if it happens, it'll be Hastings that goes.

And it will be a mirroring of the police officer who died in episode 1. Some sort of corruption taint, but still given the honour of this being overlooked in the end, and as such dieing in the line of duty.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Has there been some sort of sexual history between Gill Bigelow, the police lawyer and Hastings? His discomfort when she walked in the room when he was being interviewed was palpable. He kept nervously glancing over to her while he was speaking and she was determinedly averting her eyes from him. There's obviously something that's gone on between the two to make him so uneasy and her with her no eye contact thing. I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

Anyway it’s good Sunday night entertainment with holes in the plot but who cares?

He is living there as he is likely to be divorced and has hopes of moving back in with his wife. If he suddenly bought a mansion that would raise suspicion so maybe he is biding his time for now. He is making a good job of looking suspicious and did the same good job in the last series. Do like the character though but isn't it too soon in the series to reveal who "H" is?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Has there been some sort of sexual history between Gill Bigelow, the police lawyer and Hastings? His discomfort when she walked in the room when he was being interviewed was palpable. He kept nervously glancing over to her while he was speaking and she was determinedly averting her eyes from him. There's obviously something that's gone on between the two to make him so uneasy and her with her no eye contact thing. I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light.

I think they were having an affair in one of the previous series but cannot remember who gave who the elbow!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I *think* they almost got together, but he turned her down in the end because he was still married ( but separated ) and sticking to his marriage vows.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
We are yet to see a woman in the series being a real crook, most have redeemed themselves as either co-operating or like Lindsey Denton doing Steve’s work for him. The real mastermind must have been around for sometime and Gill has a lot of access across departments. Interesting she tried to get close to Hastings before but was somewhat reluctantly rebuffed. Now his wife is out of the way he might be more willing. Seems Hastings is being set up to me. Also Steve seems to me to have been identified as the person to play a part in this, due to past manipulation by Denton. Also Kate Fleming has always had his back, I’m not ruling her out as part of the wrong un’s especially if Hastings is the one pointed in the pictures.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I haven’t seen such apalling eye acting since Pat Butcher was running the Vic.
Vicky Mclure has never been convincing in anything outside of Shane Meadows stuff and Martin Compston is terrible. I keep getting distracted trying to figure out how they make the 4’6” actor appear taller than everyone else. I am rather enjoying his “proof of age” facial hair though.
In series 2 and 3 I was genuinely gobsmacked at some of the twists and shocks. Now it tries so hard to shock , it fails to do so.
It’s rubbish but very, very entertaining rubbish. I enjoy it.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There’s at least two more series to go according to the writers so don’t expect a huge amount to get resolved in this series.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I haven’t seen such apalling eye acting since Pat Butcher was running the Vic.....

I actually thought Adrian Dunbar's (Hastings) eye acting was quite good in the interview scene when Gill Bigelow suddenly enters the room. His eyes perfectly conveyed the conflict within his mind of total discomfort by her presence coupled with barely suppressed lust. His eyes kept flitting nervously in her direction but you could also see his eyes flitting up and down unable to avoid her physical allure. Judging by the flickering of his eyes he seemed particularly entranced by her legs. Her eye acting in contrast was much subtler but equally conveyed her discomfort at his presence as it merely consisted of her determinedly averting her eyes from him as if to not want to acknowledge his presence.

I think the eye acting in that particular scene from both actors was absolutely top notch.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Got to agree.....It’s rubbish but very, very entertaining rubbish. I quite enjoy it....... Whether I watch it all or not time will tell.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Line of Duty a show that is not afraid to let the odd massive plot hole ruin a good story. Love it. Nice to have a terrestrial show bring in the numbers and keep the nation waiting a week for the next episode.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here