Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
8 league starts into a 5 year contract - tough crowd.

New club.
New country.
New team mates
On the back of a World Cup.
Injuries
Playing in a team currently having a crisis of confidence.

As said he's an inch away from a couple of goals were we not so toothless up front he might have weighed in with the odd assist by now.
Which even if everything else were the same I'd suggest you'd be giving him more time (you're not exactly known for knee-jerk reactions) and quietly waiting to be surprised.

I think that is all fair enough in terms of what the future may hold. However, making a judgement right now, and what we've seen, empirically if you like, he's neither impressed or convinced yet. I was hoping to have seen a bit more than we have to suggest there is a lot more to come.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that is all fair enough in terms of what the future may hold. However, making a judgement right now, and what we've seen, empirically if you like, he's neither impressed or convinced yet. I was hoping to have seen a bit more than we have to suggest there is a lot more to come.

I would like to discuss this further, namely by asking 'why does he have to have impressed or convinced in what is a relatively short space of time, in a team game?'.

But scoring either, 'only', or, 'as many as', 60 in Brain Power (I'm not sure which is relevant) has rather taken the wind out of my sails.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Whilst both locadia and aj have underperformed I am convinced that AJ will come good and be a key player for us. I am also convinced locadia won’t, and is destined to be an expensive mistake.
I have no evidence to back these opinions up, whatsoever.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
capable of putting a good ball, not too pacey though, big culture change for him, hope he comes good but prefer Solly and Knocky to be honest

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite his hat-trick of volleys today I'm still not convinced and think he's shithouse.

So I will continue to boooooo him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let’s face it: he’s out of his depth. And I really wanted him to succeed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I predicted him to score today in the other site's prediction competition. What a turn up it would be if his were the only goal. I can but hope.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Jb's best game yet? great defensively and well we all saw what he can do when we play attacking football. Don't give up on him. I actually thought knocky should have been subbed since Jb was having the better game but it is what it is! despite the loss we played very well!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He had his moments today didn’t he? Some good, some not so good. Sums him up really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here