Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we just kick them?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
City have one of the fewest if not the least amount of tackles made in the premier league. So we need to keep ball when we have it. Don't just hoof it in the general direction of Murray.
Press them, don't let them have space. Two of Chelsea's goals they had too much space around the penalty area.
Don't give needless fouls away anywhere near our penalty area.
When we do get the ball, if we can, move it quickly and forward.
If we get a chance, score, we won't gey that many chances to be able to waste them.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Let's hope:
- they have an off day
- Wembley inspires us to play the match of our lives
- the sight of 35,000 B&HA fans is worth an extra goal
- luck is going our way
- they really have an off day

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Let's hope:
- they have an off day
- the sight of 35,000 B&HA fans is worth an extra 4 goals
- luck is going our way

You were nearly there.........

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
"Million to one chances happen nine times out of ten" as Terry Pratchett once wrote

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kick them? No.

a) We'd end up with key players (or Knockaert and Stephens :lol: ) banned for the league campaign. VAR and all that......
b) They'd probably score directly from a 45 yard free kick anyway
c) I'd rather they won the title than Liverpool and so having both squads emerging intact in to the PL fray would be a result as far as I'm concerned
d) There is a 0.000000001% chance we can beat them with actual skill and goals.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I dont condone violence but would be good to see some focused controlled aggression from our players. Might just be how I see things but we see to bounce off the opponents more often than we push them off the ball and seem to lack any bite apart from Stephens and he often gets it wrong.
Perhaps less defensive training and more work on weights & straightening up would help but all too often we just lose the ball without much effort to retain it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
11 men against 11 men, skill for skill, ability for ability, fitness for fitness - we have sod all chance. We've got to get at them, rattle them, play dirty and grind out an ugly win. That, ladies and gentlemen, is our only chance.

Coming out and defending for our lives for 90 minutes will see us on the end of a spanking. Stevie Wonder could see that - and I hope CH does too.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Take no prisoners, tackle hard, get in their faces, rattle them, niggle them, let them know we are there, make them know they are in a game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Funnily enough I've just watched Take the ball, Pass the ball on a flight home this morning. Follows Pep's Barcelona side during their dominance. Mourinho's only answer to them was to kick the living shit out of them. Madrid did end up beating them but they also got spanked 2-6 at home.

On Amazon prime, worth a watch.

Getting back on thread (easier said than done) we need to just try and contain them in the first 15-20 mins. They could have been 3 or 4 up last Saturday at Fulham and did exactly the same on Wednesday against Cardiff. If we can keep them quiet then they do lose the intensity towards the mid point of the first half.

We only have a chance if we press them. Hughton won’t do it cos he thinks it will leave too many holes. He’s probably right but letting them deep inside our half doesn’t work either as we saw on Wednesday.

It’s whether we take positive risks or negative risks. For the sake of just watching something decent, I hope positive

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Totally change tack and press them all over they have bigger fish to fry than a cup semi get at em hard n early set the tempo get our lot right behind and leave nothing on the pitch

Completely agree. It's frustrating to hear Hughton coming out saying that we'd be foolish to try and out-football City. We all know that but Swansea were minutes away from knocking City out. We need to be aggressive and on the front foot. Get amongst City and try and upset their rhythm. If we sit back with 10 men behind the ball and try and hit them on the break, or hope we can hold out for 120 minutes and nick it on pens, we're going to have our pants pulled down.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
11 men against 11 men, skill for skill, ability for ability, fitness for fitness - we have sod all chance. We've got to get at them, rattle them, play dirty and grind out an ugly win. That, ladies and gentlemen, is our only chance.

Coming out and defending for our lives for 90 minutes will see us on the end of a spanking. Stevie Wonder could see that - and I hope CH does too.

You haven’t read the Argus article then?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Let's hope:
- they have an off day
- the sight of 35,000 B&HA fans is worth an extra goal
- luck is going our way

I've had three things go wrong at home/work this week, and as they say 'bad things come in threes'. And the City lad I'm travelling down with has only had two things go wrong this week....so far.

It's in the bag!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I've had three things go wrong at home/work this week, and as they say 'bad things come in threes'. And the City lad I'm travelling down with has only had two things go wrong this week....so far.

It's in the bag!

Nailed on then, I'd get on large at 25/1 !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here