Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxpark available again

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
May be missing something here, but are Brighton fans being charged £15 but on Sunday Watford / Wolves fans get in for free ?

Aren't BoxPark a Brighton based company owned by a guy called Roger Wade ?

https://www.boxpark.co.uk/events/fa-cup-semi-final-watford-fanpark/?date=2019-04-07.
You are missing the part where the club have hired the venue to entertain their guests and are putting on entertainment and have decided to recoup some of the money buy selling additional tickets. I get why people don't want to pay it but don't get why so many people are having hissy fits about it. Presumably Wolves/Watford haven't hired it for hospitality and so people can go in for free and buy the wares without the entertainment side.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I must admit, I was struggling to see what you were actually getting for your £119. The club blurb says: "This includes an all-day pass, welcome drink, pre-match meal, half bottle of wine, post-match bowl food and a guaranteed restaurant seat throughout the day."

The menu is here >>> https://www.tapavino.co.uk/uploads/1/0/7/3/10738400/tv_january_2019.pdf

That menu looks suspiciously like the one for Tapa Tapa, just outside the Excel Centre. Having visited there last autumn, the food is actually pretty good IMO. Not worth a share of £120 though, granted.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You are missing the part where the club have hired the venue to entertain their guests and are putting on entertainment and have decided to recoup some of the money buy selling additional tickets. I get why people don't want to pay it but don't get why so many people are having hissy fits about it. Presumably Wolves/Watford haven't hired it for hospitality and so people can go in for free and buy the wares without the entertainment side.

Yes, just seen the details of the entertainment. Just for clarity I wasn't having one of those having a hissy

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I got 5 as good place to take my two saucepans and my sister who struggles to walk, so at least somewhere where she can take it easy before the festivities beging

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yes, just seen the details of the entertainment. Just for clarity I wasn't having one of those having a hissy
:) Not that bothered - just think it a bit strange. Watford's website doesn't seem to mention it but it is one of their designated pubs. Boxpark themselves are limiting numbers by making it ticket only but they have no overheads - the club do. There is a good argument that as a show of good faith, the club would allow fans in for free but then there would be complaints of tickets going to the usual suspects. By charging then they have given more people a chance. I went for it as I am staying up so will be a good base before and after the game and will be nice to see the interviews.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tempted by this, but concerned my son (7) might find it a bit boring? It's effectively just a big pub and food court, yes?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tempted by this, but concerned my son (7) might find it a bit boring? It's effectively just a big pub and food court, yes?

Includes a 2 hour lecture from Barber about football fan etiquette

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Includes a 2 hour lecture from Barber about football fan etiquette

If it was a 2 hour lecture about doing your homework and not leaving your crap all over the back seat of my car, I'd be in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here