Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Steve McClaren sacked

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The winning run they went on seemed to go against the rant that [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] had about them at the start of the season that I backed up, but they have reverted to type and form. Squad is not too dissimilar to our Hyypia season one and McClaren is, as was said earlier in this thread, a coach and not a manager (a little like Sami but there's a fair amount of doubt about even Sami's coaching ability).

I've got a mate who goes to see them a lot so have sort of followed them accidentally by Facebook. They have conceded a massive number of last minute goals to either draw or lose games that they should have got more out of. For me that says a lot about their discipline and fitness - i.e. they apparently have neither at the moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Schacked by Queensch Park Rangersch. Next stop - Schtevenage?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The winning run they went on seemed to go against the rant that [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] had about them at the start of the season that I backed up, but they have reverted to type and form. Squad is not too dissimilar to our Hyypia season one and McClaren is, as was said earlier in this thread, a coach and not a manager (a little like Sami but there's a fair amount of doubt about even Sami's coaching ability).

I've got a mate who goes to see them a lot so have sort of followed them accidentally by Facebook. They have conceded a massive number of last minute goals to either draw or lose games that they should have got more out of. For me that says a lot about their discipline and fitness - i.e. they apparently have neither at the moment.

Yes I think I had them to be as good as down by Easter, but after that horrific start they went on a surprisingly decent run of form from September, and were sitting 8th at the turn of the year, just 4 points off the playoffs. As you say though, they've reverted to type quite spectacularly since then. They've done enough to stay up this time, but I wouldn't fancy their chances too highly next season. Be interesting to see who they've got lined up to take charge (I'll laugh my tits off if its Olly again).

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Managing a football club must be right up there as one of the hardest things to do and it's very difficult to predict how successful someone may be - Schteve obviously has had some massive successes, notably at Boro and at FC Twente - His first year or so at Derby are probably the best we've seen over the last 20 years or so, great to watch and we won a lot of games. But then sometimes it's turn to crap. Similar story for most managers, that perfect storm of manager, players, characters, club is tough to pinpoint.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and that s the problem...in West Londonshire they don't speak his very unusual brand of AmsterCockney.....

the guy is past it...expect him to pop up at Massive or somewhere else in the next three months....

TNBA

TTF

Back to Boro when Pulis gets the gooner?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh well, maybe next time.

How about Mark Hughes, what’s keeping him busy? Anything?

I think he's still running the diner in Summer Bay.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh well, maybe next time.

How about Mark Hughes, what’s keeping him busy? Anything?

I think he's still moaning about a refereeing decision from his Southampton days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here