Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we all forget about the FA Cup for a while

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Nope. All I can think about is the FA Cup!!! 30,000+ Albion fans at Wembley - a day out to remember, whatever the score!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I genuinely did a double take when I saw the league table yesterday - the first time in a while - and saw we were only five points clear of the drop.

Thank **** we beat Palace.... Twice.

Edited for accuracy. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could be good on the 'Teams that cannae catch us' front in the next few days.

Sat :

Fulham v Man City
Crystal Palace v Huddersfield

Tues :

Watford v Fulham

Possibly both Huddersfield and Fulham on the list by Tuesday night ( or even on Saturday if we beat Southampton ).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could be good on the 'Teams that cannae catch us' front in the next few days.

Sat :

Fulham v Man City
Crystal Palace v Huddersfield

Tues :

Watford v Fulham

Possibly both Huddersfield and Fulham on the list by Tuesday night ( or even on Saturday if we beat Southampton ).
I think you're mistaken our next game is v City at Wem-ber-ley, and the last time I checked that's not a 6 pointer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think you're mistaken our next game is v City at Wem-ber-ley, and the last time I checked that's not a 6 pointer.
True.

Perhaps I put too much weight on the friendlies v Southampton and Chelsea in which we'll play the U23s anyway.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We really can't afford to loose against Southampton. And then will have the same situation with Cardiff soon enough.

It might be because I can't get to the Semi :moo: but those 2 games are more on my mind than Citeh! Could also be due to thinking we're gonna need a lot of luck at Wembley to get through.

seagull101

Feb 19, 2009
Forget the FA Cup for a bit

As we have a really important game on our hands this weekend that might play a huge part in our efforts to remain in this league, I can only hope CH and the players are not as FA Cup hyped up as we all are :albion2:

Tricky when the tickets have just come through the letterbox that morning ;-)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The point is, we went down in 83 and nobody seemed to care. The FA cup is nowhere near as prestigious now as it was back then. But we still have a danger of taking our eye off the ball and losing against Southampton would drag us right into the relegation mix. I’d take a total hammering at Wembley, in exchange for beating Southampton and Cardiff. The Premier League is everything in terms of keeping this club in the good times.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I genuinely did a double take when I saw the league table yesterday - the first time in a while - and saw we were only five points clear of the drop.

Thank **** we beat Palace.

Indeed if we hadn't have beaten Huds and Pal we would be in deep poo poo - Perhaps we still are !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The point is, we went down in 83 and nobody seemed to care. The FA cup is nowhere near as prestigious now as it was back then. But we still have a danger of taking our eye off the ball and losing against Southampton would drag us right into the relegation mix. I’d take a total hammering at Wembley, in exchange for beating Southampton and Cardiff. The Premier League is everything in terms of keeping this club in the good times.

Agree entirely but IMO, the FA cup is an irrelevance now, whilst many may not agree, though that is not to say we haven't done well to reach the semi.

The rewards associated with continued Premier League survival is what we should now be concentrating on with a view to Albion's potential consolidation in the PL !

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One match at a time. Southampton will come hard at us. We must be ready.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One match at a time. Southampton will come hard at us. We must be ready.

Aye...four weeks ago we'd been on a winless league run and due to face Huddersfield ..since then we have had two league games which we won and of course victorious in the cup and things are rosey ....now in the course of eight days we have two league games and a cup match ..I wonder what awaits

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Do we have to forget the FA cup and/or either Southampton? Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? I'm excited for the cup and I'm a tiny bit nervous about the league.
We don't have an 'A' team and we don't have a 'B' team, we have a big 'team' and as far as i can see they work together. No one is expecting us to win against city but it's a great day for players and fans.
Yes the league is really important (obviously) but tomorrow there will be the usual threads, people will go to the game, watch on a stream, listen on the wireless or whatever they usually do on match days. Tomorrow the cup will be forgotten for a little while until after the game. After the game we'll feel the way we always do afterwards, whether we win, lose or draw.
The cup doesn't change that but it makes for something really exciting in between, simply because we're in the FA cup semis for the first time since 1983! Being excited for the cup doesn't mean that no-one cares about Southampton, we can multi task. :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do we have to forget the FA cup and/or either Southampton? Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? I'm excited for the cup and I'm a tiny bit nervous about the league.
We don't have an 'A' team and we don't have a 'B' team, we have a big 'team' and as far as i can see they work together. No one is expecting us to win against city but it's a great day for players and fans.
Yes the league is really important (obviously) but tomorrow there will be the usual threads, people will go to the game, watch on a stream, listen on the wireless or whatever they usually do on match days. Tomorrow the cup will be forgotten for a little while until after the game. After the game we'll feel the way we always do afterwards, whether we win, lose or draw.
The cup doesn't change that but it makes for something really exciting in between, simply because we're in the FA cup semis for the first time since 1983! Being excited for the cup doesn't mean that no-one cares about Southampton, we can multi task. :)

Yes. The cup gives us a European place the league will not (this season anyway). No incompatibility with winning the cup AND beating Southampton (though admittedly the latter is more likely). So, let's stuff 'em - then see about the cup.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Saw Brighton at Wembley last year and only had to pay £30 for a seat now costing £65 so Wembley is not an attraction, what is an attraction (IMO) is the thought we will have 32K+ fans all together at an away game who have the opportunity to make some very loud noise and get behind the team. We will have 16 times more fans that we took to Millwall lets hope we get 16 times the noise as it was buzzing that day.

Stumpy Tim

I assume the players and staff are focused on the Southampton match. Given I'm a supporter and not employed by the club, I'll carry on being over-excited by the Cup. I pretty much forgot we had a game today

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thankfully the chances of us both a) both getting to the final AND b) NOT getting that extra 4-5 points are relatively slim, so this ridiculous Cup vs League stuff, which is nonsense - of course its possible to do both, the players go on international duty, they had the resilience after Palace to comeback for Millwall, Hughton is hardly a novice, fans who say they've "forgotten" there is a match today are being silly - has only a few days to go.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not even slightly concerned about relegation.

Our goal difference is such that we need only win one of the remaining home games and we'll be safe.

Bournemouth are terrible away. Newcastle will have nothing much to play for. Cardiff have Joe Bennett as a first teamer.

Thoughts mostly on Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here