Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought he was MOTM at the Amex in the game that cost us the title.
He was completely owned at Ashton Gate, before our team went on holiday after winning promotion.

You do realise Swansea were utterly toilet that season yeah?
Stupid question! Yes, I do know.

Could have had Kane up front and would have still got relegated.
If they'd had better players, they would not have got relegated. Kane is a much better player. May not have saved them, but would have made a hell of a difference - they'd certainly have had a chance.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The idea That Abraham is crap in the Premier League but great in the Championship seems a bit daft to me.

He's young, improved. And the last time he played in the top flight it was in a shit team. He would be amazing for us IMO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
View attachment 103534

Would be a great signing.

Doubt they’ll sell though.
I'd be very surprised if we sign a winger.

There is a case for a attacking more central midfield signing, but I think a young fullback is much more likely.

We have 6 fullbacks in the squad - but 3 or 4 of them could be gone by next season.

Of course, if a player we want suddenly becomes available it could be in any position.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The idea That Abraham is crap in the Premier League but great in the Championship seems a bit daft to me.

He's young, improved. And the last time he played in the top flight it was in a shit team. He would be amazing for us IMO.

Absolutely this. The idea he can’t cut it in the prem because he struggled in a crap team at 19/20 years old is nonsense. And he’s clearly improved this year. I still think he’s perfect for us - able to lead the line but also quick. But I suspect he’ll end up on a higher wage than we’ll be willing to pay.

And for those saying Solanke is rubbish - have a look at the list of World Cup U20 golden boot winners - not many rubbish players have won that. Always amazed that people don’t get that young players take time to build consistency (thankfully CH does)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The bottom line is not only have I heard of him I've actually seen him play TWICE.

My booing alone would sound like 30,000 people.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd be very surprised if we sign a winger.

There is a case for a attacking more central midfield signing, but I think a young fullback is much more likely.

We have 6 fullbacks in the squad - but 3 or 4 of them could be gone by next season.

Of course, if a player we want suddenly becomes available it could be in any position.

Have you never thought that no one at all is much more likely? Chris Hughton has already said as much. We have been warned!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have you never thought that no one at all is much more likely? Chris Hughton has already said as much. We have been warned!
Yes, highly possible.

On the other hand, Hughton has said that before in previous Januarys, and it didn't match what happened in the end.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't think we need to add to the 1st team but sometimes a potential future target may become available.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just real competition for Pascal. That is all we need IMHO. Of course, if someone leaves that we don’t want to leave...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just real competition for Pascal. That is all we need IMHO. Of course, if someone leaves that we don’t want to leave...

If we are moving to 4-3-3 (and going to keep doing that) then the need for a back-up no.10 is greatly reduced - we pretty much have five players to cover three positions. A sixth obviously wouldn't go amiss, but I don't see that as an immediate and urgent need which needs to be settled right now.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If we are moving to 4-3-3 (and going to keep doing that) then the need for a back-up no.10 is greatly reduced - we pretty much have five players to cover three positions. A sixth obviously wouldn't go amiss, but I don't see that as an immediate and urgent need which needs to be settled right now.

Kind of agree but flexibility to switch to 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 from 4-3-3 would be a great advantage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not the sort of fan who is constantly saying we need to spend money on loads of expensive players, but it does strike me that it's better to buy from a position of strength. We're nicely mid table. At the end of the season we'll be just one of dozen clubs that could go down. I'd say now is better than the summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not the sort of fan who is constantly saying we need to spend money on loads of expensive players, but it does strike me that it's better to buy from a position of strength. We're nicely mid table. At the end of the season we'll be just one of dozen clubs that could go down. I'd say now is better than the summer.

It would appear better for CH too as he'll have no pressure to play the newbies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
#Left Back cover required going forward.

Bong out of contract in summer?
Suttner no where to be seen.
Would be quite happy offering Bong an extension or new contract - Bernardo may be the way ahead for now, but Bong is quite acceptable cover (if he's willing to sign, of course).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here