Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of course I bloody would.
If you read my earlier post, I feel quite strongly about this type of “ banter’ .
Anyway, crack on, I’ll leave you to it.

I feel I may have got this one wrong in your case [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION], in which case I apologise unreservedly. Please accept my apology in the spirit it is offered.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Of course I bloody would.
If you read my earlier post, I feel quite strongly about this type of “ banter’ .
Anyway, crack on, I’ll leave you to it.

You could always just not click on to NSC, or indeed any site on the interweb. No one is forcing you to read a Brighton fans’ forum.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
People need educating, that's all. People here certainly understand that the first terms you mention are not ok (not sure how strict they are on your forum with those terms), but several people here don't seem to get that the latter words are not ok.

When you see people post them, report the posts. I mean, not that that will make any difference, but at least you've tried.

Could you please post a list of words we are not supposed to use and then use them in a sentence so we get the exact use that we shouldn't be using?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could you please post a list of words we are not supposed to use and then use them in a sentence so we get the exact use that we shouldn't be using?
Are you trying to be clever, because you think it's ok to take the piss out of disabled people?

Just try using words that you understand, and know the meaning of. Then, if you know a word is mocking people because of their race, sexuality or disability, don't use them.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Thats the problem, words have usages and not meanings. Therefore it's as much about what the person writing it means as the person reading it. This subject really isn't as straight forward as people think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thats the problem, words have usages and not meanings. Therefore it's as much about what the person writing it means as the person reading it. This subject really isn't as straight forward as people think.
But we're not trying to write a thesis on word usage here. When people are saying mong, spacko and spackfest as an insult, it's not ****ing difficult to see they're being unacceptably offensive towards disabled people is it :facepalm:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
But we're not trying to write a thesis on word usage here. When people are saying mong, spacko and spackfest as an insult, it's not ****ing difficult to see they're being unacceptably offensive towards disabled people is it :facepalm:

I don't think people should insult anyone its such a slippery road to go down for this reason.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Simply this. Ridiculous that it is necessary to have this conversation but it has come up twice in quick succession on NSC and not been moderated.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Simply this. Ridiculous that it is necessary to have this conversation but it has come up twice in quick succession on NSC and not been moderated.
Indeed. I've reported such posts and weeks later nothing has been done about it.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Well yes, unfortunately the chosen word for one group of people is probably unacceptable, so I stopped using it. It's not like there aren't plenty of other words we can use though.
Anyway, I agree he was wrong but maybe for slightly different reasons. I also think its a difficult subject because insults are never meant to be nice and that line people talk about is a bit subjective.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyway, I agree he was wrong but maybe for slightly different reasons. I also think its a difficult subject because insults are never meant to be nice and that line people talk about is a bit subjective.
What line? It seems pretty bloody clear to me.

Of course I agree that an insult is not meant to be nice, but the problem is, when trying to offend one person, these muppets end up insulting the wrong people. If you said to someone on here 'don't be a gay boy', the chances are that the person you've tried to insult won't be offended, but many other people will be.

This really isn't complicated.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
What line? It seems pretty bloody clear to me.

Of course I agree that an insult is not meant to be nice, but the problem is, when trying to offend one person, these muppets end up insulting the wrong people. If you said to someone on here 'don't be a gay boy', the chances are that the person you've tried to insult won't be offended, but many other people will be.

This really isn't complicated.

Exactly thats why I don't think anyone should insult anyone else. But what is being said here is that there are some insults that shouldn't be said. I'm saying the problem is the meaning of the word is subjective and therefore what could have little meaning to one person could be very meaningful to another person.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Can we get this thread back on track, you bunch of ******* *****.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
People need educating, that's all. People here certainly understand that the first terms you mention are not ok (not sure how strict they are on your forum with those terms), but several people here don't seem to get that the latter words are not ok.

When you see people post them, report the posts. I mean, not that that will make any difference, but at least you've tried.

You could always just not click on to NSC, or indeed any site on the interweb. No one is forcing you to read a Brighton fans’ forum.

I agree with nwgull, if I don't like reading derogatory words about disabled people then I just shouldn't read NSC or the internet. I am off to start a site where everyone can insult black people and homosexuals. If they don't like it they should not read it. :ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here