West west west Sussex
Ryan

Montoya Duffy Dunk Bong

Stephens

Propper Gross

March Andone Locadia

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
If I had the choice to make the first name I would look to replace would be Bong. I know he has served the club well but he just does not cut it for me , too inconsistent and often at fault I think I would rather see Burn , Balogun or even the U23's LB in the team instead.
Midfield I would stick with the current formation simply because March & Knocky should not both play at the same time unless Ali J is seen as up to speed at least for a subs place as we simply dont have any other wide players. The one thing I would change is personnel with Gross playing the holding role & Propper & Bissouma slightly ahead with more freedom to attack. Hopefully this would improve the distribution and cut out a lot of the silly free kicks given away and stop some of the on pitch arguments that were apparent during the Fulham game specifically Stephens and Duffy. For me Stephens picking up so many cards is a liability even if yellow as it means he then is on a tightrope and cant do his job of protecting the back line properly.
Although I would prefer not to have Locadia on the left wing as he simply does not do enough tracking back he is the best option at present unless Ali J is up to speed and can play then I would have Ali J on the right and March on the left. Cant argue against Murray starting especially after a brace against Fulham but the time has to come sooner rather than later that Andone is given a true run in the team starting every game after all its the only way to know how good he really is. Personally I would start Andone and have Locadia as the second choice at some point but maybe after we gain some more points then Murray can slowly go into the shadows.

You would rather a centre back play at left back than Bong? Or the under 23s left back who you Haven't clearly seen as you cant even name them. What a great input.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
You would rather a centre back play at left back than Bong? Or the under 23s left back who you Haven't clearly seen as you cant even name them. What a great input.

Actually both Burn & Balogun have played LB at previous clubs from the information I have read so although they are CB by trade they can play LB. As for the U23's LB , I admit I dont know their names sorry for that but I dont see them on SeagullPlayer enough to know them by sight & name but I would still rather have one of them than Bong ... my personal opinion of which I am entitled and which I am allowed to express.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Actually both Burn & Balogun have played LB at previous clubs from the information I have read so although they are CB by trade they can play LB. As for the U23's LB , I admit I dont know their names sorry for that but I dont see them on SeagullPlayer enough to know them by sight & name but I would still rather have one of them than Bong ... my personal opinion of which I am entitled and which I am allowed to express.

they have both played on the left side of a back 3 before but neither would be comfy as a left back. Both are right footed for starters. Why are you bringing out the "my personal opinion of which I am entitled and which I am allowed to express" card? I never said you couldn't have an opinion but I will argue you it if its as stupid as yours. You would actually rather throw in a youngster you don't even know the name of over Bong. Thats just madness and well OTT.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Watford are a pressing side that play narrow with overlapping full backs (Janmatt and Holebas): a style that I would not like to see the Albion play. So I hope we win more than usual. Bruno to steady the defence for me.

I found their supporters to be abusive and aggravating, more even than Wolves.

I cannot see Groß, Knockeart and March all being in the same side. And the two left footers creating anything from open play.

Predict 4-1 if we play the correct side.

Last edited:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
they have both played on the left side of a back 3 before but neither would be comfy as a left back. Both are right footed for starters. Why are you bringing out the "my personal opinion of which I am entitled and which I am allowed to express" card? I never said you couldn't have an opinion but I will argue you it if its as stupid as yours. You would actually rather throw in a youngster you don't even know the name of over Bong. Thats just madness and well OTT.

I stand by ... 'it would be my choice' whether you regard it as stupid or not is irrelevant as its 'my choice' not yours. As to whether CH would ever do that then no he wont & if I suggested he should then that would be stupid. There is such a thing as respecting other peoples views even if you think they are stupid.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I stand by ... 'it would be my choice' whether you regard it as stupid or not is irrelevant as its 'my choice' not yours. As to whether CH would ever do that then no he wont & if I suggested he should then that would be stupid. There is such a thing as respecting other peoples views even if you think they are stupid.

I respect other views when they are realistic, you have never seen Burn or Balagon play at left back and you are willing to throw them in a the deep end. Not sure what is worse, that or throwing in an tested under 23 player who you dont know the name off.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I respect other views when they are realistic, you have never seen Burn or Balagon play at left back and you are willing to throw them in a the deep end. Not sure what is worse, that or throwing in an tested under 23 player who you dont know the name off.

I wont argue with you , I expressed my view and IMHO yes thats what I would do and the team I would pick. Disagree all you like it wont change my opinion but at least I respect you have a different opinion and have not called your posts a sarcastic "great input"

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I wont argue with you , I expressed my view and IMHO yes thats what I would do and the team I would pick. Disagree all you like it wont change my opinion but at least I respect you have a different opinion and have not called your posts a sarcastic "great input"

As far as opinions go tho its a pretty awful one

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor predicts an unchanged side
albionwatford.jpg

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17404195.albion-v-watford-how-will-they-line-up/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Bong is now an experienced PL LB; not the best, agreed, but not the worst either. Yes, we would no doubt like a better LB - we tried Suttner, but Bong successfully saw off his challenge; now it looks as if Bernardo is his long-term successor - but not when he's injured, obviously.
The idea though that anybody - playing out of position, inexperienced, right footed, whatever - is better than Bong is just OTT; comes access as more like a personal vendetta tbh.

P.S. As an 'anybody' I'd love to volunteer for the job, but as I'm going in for a hip replacement op. on Tuesday................... #betterthanbong !

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Bong is now an experienced PL LB; not the best, agreed, but not the worst either. Yes, we would no doubt like a better LB - we tried Suttner, but Bong successfully saw off his challenge; now it looks as if Bernardo is his long-term successor - but not when he's injured, obviously.
The idea though that anybody - playing out of position, inexperienced, right footed, whatever - is better than Bong is just OTT; comes access as more like a personal vendetta tbh.

P.S. As an 'anybody' I'd love to volunteer for the job, but as I'm going in for a hip replacement op. on Tuesday................... #betterthanbong !

good luck with the op

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ryan
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo
Stephens
Bissuoma
March
Propper
Locadia
Andone

Button Montoya Bong Murray Knockaert Gyokeres Gross

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Good luck with the op. Have you been doing the exercises?
Had mine done 2 years ago and really pleased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here