Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion have issued lifetime bans to [three] supporters...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Perhaps that will follow with criminal cases. The club can’t prejudice that by unilaterall naming people.

Assaults, with the club must having ample evidence for these bans, will be pursued by the police and CPS.

Like the police and CPS pursued the scum palace thugs who broke into our ground and seriously assaulted stewards you mean?

Kudos to the club for taking this action; previous evidence suggests that the OB and CPS will do **** all.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
"Once again"............

That infers this happens a lot, does it and if so clearly not reported

PB seems to love the drama of these things; gets him on the tv and radio.

Totally support the bans; club did exactly the right thing but this "Once again........" nonsense. Sheesh

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO anyone who is found guilty of attacking an NHS worker should be barred from access to NHS services for a suitable period of time. Only way fukwits gonna learn.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Ban this lot with no compensashun any proper lad knows the rules and its no women no kids no scarfers no civileuns no 999s and that way no one gets hurt who doesnt want too. some of us have a code

Regards
DR

el punal

So, how do I handle this? I took my 9 year old grandson to his ? 6 match at the Amex on Saturday. His Mum has just
heard on the BBC news that “ there were knife attacks at the Amex and people arrested. You are not taking my son there ...ever”

I have tried to calm her down but do wonder what this publicity will do.

You were there, did you see anything? Were you involved? Did your grandson see anything? I would guess the answer is no to all those questions. What trouble there was was not at the game, and what I’ve read an isolated incident(s) not in the confines of the Amex. As another poster has suggested, get her to read the reported details.

For what it’s worth I’ve taken my grandson to numerous Albion matches, the last being Man Utd two weeks ago. Not once have I been concerned about any potential trouble. I’ll be taking my 7 year old granddaughter to her first game against Watford on Saturday and the same applies. I am not naive enough to believe that it is all sweetness and light when you go to football but then it’s not a war zone either. As the old propaganda saying goes - keep calm and carry on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like the police and CPS pursued the scum palace thugs who broke into our ground and seriously assaulted stewards you mean?

Kudos to the club for taking this action; previous evidence suggests that the OB and CPS will do **** all.

I don’t feel hard done by as a Brighton fan, instead proud of the hard stance taken by the club on people like this. Sucker punching a WBA fan, attacking a steward and a doctor = cowardly low lifes. If any Brighton fan views them as heroes or “top boy’s protecting our manor”, they have no sense of morality.

Totally separate issue about Palace. If crimes were committed, why aren’t the authorities investigating? Then there’s the assumption on NSC that Steve Parish doen’t mind thuggery. I’m not going to get wound up about that speculation. If true, he’ll be creating a club, that will scare aware their decent fans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
... and thus is a crystal clear Paul Barber statement meaninglessly dismantled to its finest, most infinitesimal nuance on NSC more so than 'Joke du Jour' ever could be.

Jesus wept.

This. Barber could not have been more clear on the facts and the club’s action taken (within the bounds of not prejudicing separate work by the Police/CPS).

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You were there, did you see anything? Were you involved? Did your grandson see anything? I would guess the answer is no to all those questions. What trouble there was was not at the game, and what I’ve read an isolated incident(s) not in the confines of the Amex. As another poster has suggested, get her to read the reported details.

For what it’s worth I’ve taken my grandson to numerous Albion matches, the last being Man Utd two weeks ago. Not once have I been concerned about any potential trouble. I’ll be taking my 7 year old granddaughter to her first game against Watford on Saturday and the same applies. I am not naive enough to believe that it is all sweetness and light when you go to football but then it’s not a war zone either. As the old propaganda saying goes - keep calm and carry on.

Thank you for your comments. I obviously did not get over the point I was trying to make. Agree that I have no qualms about taking my grandson to the Amex but I do believe the way this incident has been publicised had led my daughter in law to believe that the Amex is a violent place. The whole front page of the Argus today devoted to this incident. I just think it could have been handled in a slightly lower key.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
... and thus is a crystal clear Paul Barber statement meaninglessly dismantled to its finest, most infinitesimal nuance on NSC more so than 'Joke du Jour' ever could be.

Jesus wept.

Same as player scapegoating - once someone has a view on an individual, they'll take any opportunity to use anything to try to prove their point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ban this lot with no compensashun any proper lad knows the rules and its no women no kids no scarfers no civileuns no 999s and that way no one gets hurt who doesnt want too. some of us have a code

Regards
DR

Under the code, can an adult male away fan, quietly walking to a match, be sucker punched if they’re not wearing club colours?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Under the code, can an adult male away fan, quietly walking to a match, be sucker punched if they’re not wearing club colours?

*cough* its the spoof account *cough*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol: Fell for it hook, line & sinker.

I was aware that a certain poster was serving a ban for anti-semitic stuff and more ... but wrongly assumed he’d allowed back early.

I didn't know about any ban. Except the ban (block) I have on the monosyllabic one, which means I only get the intentional comedy :lolol:

Edit, I see its 3 months for racism....and Hopkinshite the face-puncher has been permanently banned. Where did I put that small onion.....

Last edited:

el punal

Thank you for your comments. I obviously did not get over the point I was trying to make. Agree that I have no qualms about taking my grandson to the Amex but I do believe the way this incident has been publicised had led my daughter in law to believe that the Amex is a violent place. The whole front page of the Argus today devoted to this incident. I just think it could have been handled in a slightly lower key.

Sorry, my response was not a dig at you - more, if you like, at your grandson’s Mum (your daughter/in law?). Essentially to allay her fears about attending Albion football matches. Please tell her that I’m taking my granddaughter, as I’ve already posted, to her first match this Saturday. My daughter is thrilled at the idea and has no qualms whatsoever apart from Poppy, the granddaughter(!), getting bored or too cold. Both these scenarios will be covered should the need arise!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Sorry, my response was not a dig at you - more, if you like, at your grandson’s Mum (your daughter/in law?). Essentially to allay her fears about attending Albion football matches. Please tell her that I’m taking my granddaughter, as I’ve already posted, to her first match this Saturday. My daughter is thrilled at the idea and has no qualms whatsoever apart from Poppy, the granddaughter(!), getting bored or too cold. Both these scenarios will be covered should the need arise!

Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here