Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's about time this Locadia experiment was bought to an end

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He did clap the fans when going off, that has to count for something?

The moody shite didn't clap me. I was walking through the park by then.

Bloody part time fair weather fans. They're the ones that really piss me off. I only had a 6 mile journey home too, shocking.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Assuming that BOUGHT instead of BROUGHT is an intentional slip. If so who should we be buying?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Although Bong's 'defending' in that second half where he essentially just offered the opposition free shots on goal was nothing short of shocking.

Hear what you are saying.

But in a 1 on 1 situation, do you go out wide and leave a hole behind you to be exposed or hold the shape?

That is why our wingers are key defensively.

Bong was ordinary, but he had little or no cover.

Locadia wasn’t withdrawn because he was playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The more vocal element of our now young and plastic support

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's possible that Mr Bloom has asked for him to be kept in the shop window so as to mitigate a likely massive loss for him on this player.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Not often you see two posts this f*cking stupid next to each other. Great effort lads.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No worse than quite a few of the others imo

What player do u watch? He backs out of heading embarrassing , can’t go past a defender . Can’t tackle . Stood in no mans land at one corner looking around by the time he looked up the corner had been taken laughable. I grew he not alone March Stephens Bong get shot . This squad is stronger but the starting 11 no difference , Hughton clues less . Destroyed knockys confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
He got a couple of decent goals, that's true, but a even stopped clock is right twice a day. He's not quick enough to beat defenders, he's not skilful enough to go round people, he can't head, he's poor tracking back to defend. For a stocky lad he's easily muscled off the ball.
I don't get the love-in with him; he's not "dogshit" or "gash" but I don't see him as a capable mid-table PL player, top-end Championship at best.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Locadia looked lethargic.

He'll get dropped... and we'll probably go back to 4-4-1-1.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
People wonder why March is untouchable? He offers Montoya cover when defending which is what CH recognises/demands.

What I don't understand is why CH persists with Locadia on left with Bong. He must see it? I see it and I'm "not very good". On occasions I have seen Loc up front in Glens spot, with Glen out on the right, and Bong is just left out to hang and dry. But CH is on the touchline with Bong swinging in the wind, and doesn't do anything? He must see it? I don't understand. Seen this over the last few games, but it seems to persist.

Ah well, probably the strikers that lost us this one, as should have been out of sight at HT. Anyone that thought we were safe (and I'm pretty confident CH didn't), needs this reality check.

I'm sure CH does 'see it', let's not get over-cocky here. Let's try and understand.

Not that long ago we all agreed we were toothless away from home, creating next to nothing. CH changed us from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3, to be more attacking. It's worked and he's got the plaudits for it. But inevitably when you put more emphasis on attack something has to give defensively, and it's most apparent down that left side. So either we revert back to what we were doing before, or stick with this and try to improve it. Rome wasn't built in a day, likewise our defensive shape in a 4-3-3.

Last night's first half was the best half of football away from home I've seen from us in the Prem, but in the second half they were irrepressible.

What would you do, back to how we played away first part of the season, or keep trying to bed in the new system?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
puts in a shift defensively which must be tough playing in front of our weakest player.

Locadia 'puts in a shift defensively' ??? What the actual **** do some people watch? He really. really, really, doesn't. He's is just not switched on at all, with regards to tracking back. Loses his man constantly, and is never in position to shield the full back.

but his massive drop off a cliff in form has coincided with Bong back in the team..

This post is embarrassing. If Bong is rubbish, then slate Bong. Don't blame Bong for Locadia being rubbish, FFS.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I find it extraordinary that one player is being singled out for last night's debacle. it was a collective failure, by both the manager and all of the players. I couldn't understand the tactics and was constantly frustrated by our weakness in pretty much every 50/50 challenge.

Locadia like the rest of the team has been doing pretty well of late, so there is nothing wrong with the 'experiment' in my view.

Last night's performance was unacceptable and ALL were culpable and they will all have to sort themselves out if they are not find themselves dragged back into the relegation fight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I find it extraordinary that one player is being singled out for last night's debacle. it was a collective failure, by both the manager and all of the players. I couldn't understand the tactics and was constantly frustrated by our weakness in pretty much every 50/50 challenge.

Locadia like the rest of the team has been doing pretty well of late, so there is nothing wrong with the 'experiment' in my view.

Last night's performance was unacceptable and ALL were culpable and they will all have to sort themselves out if they are not find themselves dragged back into the relegation fight.

As most on here thought he was shit until three or four games ago, it’s no surprise they are quick to single him out after a below par performance though

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm sure CH does 'see it', let's not get over-cocky here. Let's try and understand.

Not that long ago we all agreed we were toothless away from home, creating next to nothing. CH changed us from a 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3, to be more attacking. It's worked and he's got the plaudits for it. But inevitably when you put more emphasis on attack something has to give defensively, and it's most apparent down that left side. So either we revert back to what we were doing before, or stick with this and try to improve it. Rome wasn't built in a day, likewise our defensive shape in a 4-3-3.

Last night's first half was the best half of football away from home I've seen from us in the Prem, but in the second half they were irrepressible.

What would you do, back to how we played away first part of the season, or keep trying to bed in the new system?
I saw most of the first half in between buffering streams and thought that we played really well for about 30 minutes.Only able to listen to the radio 2nd half.
Ranieri made a tactical change and that made a huge difference.
I wonder if, as we were so under pressure in the 2nd half, we shouldn't have gone to 4-4-1-1? We will never know, but Knocky and Bissouma for Locadia and Stephens might have saved at least a point.(If subbed at 55 mins rather than the usual 70/85.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I saw most of the first half in between buffering streams and thought that we played really well for about 30 minutes.Only able to listen to the radio 2nd half.
Ranieri made a tactical change and that made a huge difference.
I wonder if, as we were so under pressure in the 2nd half, we shouldn't have gone to 4-4-1-1? We will never know, but Knocky and Bissouma for Locadia and Stephens might have saved at least a point.(If subbed at 55 mins rather than the usual 70/85.

Reverting to 4-4-1-1 may have worked (and agree on 55 mins), but if so, we always play two central holding midfielders. IMHO best for that role are Stephens (natural DM) and Propper (Who can play both DM or AM). From what I have seen of Bissouma, i haven't seen him plat that DM role at all ? If he was bought on, it would be more likely for Gross in a 4-4-1-1

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think TBH it's as much a case of availability. For whatever reason CH doesn't want to start Knockaert with March on the left, and both Ali J and Izzy are unavailable. IMHO Jurgen is, and always has been, a second striker, but we just don't play that system.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018

Spot on.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here