Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Politicians,just how low can they get ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
But what she did went beyond lying. Trying to get off a speeding ticket is one thing. A lot of us would if we could. But not at the expense of trying to implicate an innocent person which is what she did.

I just can't believe these people are prepared to jeopardise everything they've achieved in life for the sake of something so trivial. And being both black and a woman I'm sure that she had more obstacles to overcome to achieve what she did. It was the same with Constance Briscoe the female black barrister and part time Judge who got unnecessarily entangled in the Huhne/Pryce case and ruined her career after everything she had achieved without the advantages of a priviledged background.

I'm not sure she implicated an innocent person. Her brother pleaded guilty.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm not sure she implicated an innocent person. Her brother pleaded guilty.

Did she not say that her lodger (a Russian) was the driver at the time of the offence, but when the Police contacted him, he was able to prove that at the time of the offence he was back in Russia with his mother.
He would seem to be innocent to me

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Finding out an MP owns a Nissan Micra is indeed quite disturbing........dont they get image training anymore?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Labour MP who lied to avoid speeding charge compares herself to Jesus

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ng-charge-compares-herself-to-jesus-d9tlpjg2t

A JEREMY CORBYN ally found guilty of lying to police to avoid a speeding fine has compared herself to JESUS.

Fiona Onasanya MP faces jail after her conviction on Wednesday for perverting the course of justice to dodge a spending fine.

She was slammed for lying “persistently and deliberately”.

But in a defiant message to colleagues the church goer hinted she would come back – like Jesus.

In a Whatsapp posting leaked to The Times, the 35 year-old said “this was not her end but rather the beginning of the next chapter” of her “story” – as it was with the son of God.

And appearing to protest her innocence, she told colleagues she was in good biblical company along with Joseph, Moses and Daniel.

She said: "While God did not save them from a guilty verdict he did save them in it and ensured that their greatest days of impact were on the other side of a guilty verdict.

"Of course this is equally true of Christ who was accused and convicted by the courts of his day and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story.

"Please pray that my family will find peace and strength in his perilous time through this guilty verdict."

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
As has been said many times on here, and quite correctly, it doesn't seem to matter which party a Politician represents these days - they are all self-serving, back-stabbing liars who will keep lying and lying until they are found out. Then, they will continue to lie until everyone gets bored of accusing them and it all gets brushed under the carpet.

Then, when they've laid low for a while, they reappear - and because they never admitted guilt there will always be a question mark as to their actual innocence, then... they've got a clear run at whatever they do next.

That's my take on it, for what it's worth.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Labour MP who lied to avoid speeding charge compares herself to Jesus

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ng-charge-compares-herself-to-jesus-d9tlpjg2t

A JEREMY CORBYN ally found guilty of lying to police to avoid a speeding fine has compared herself to JESUS.

Fiona Onasanya MP faces jail after her conviction on Wednesday for perverting the course of justice to dodge a spending fine.

She was slammed for lying “persistently and deliberately”.

But in a defiant message to colleagues the church goer hinted she would come back – like Jesus.

In a Whatsapp posting leaked to The Times, the 35 year-old said “this was not her end but rather the beginning of the next chapter” of her “story” – as it was with the son of God.

And appearing to protest her innocence, she told colleagues she was in good biblical company along with Joseph, Moses and Daniel.

She said: "While God did not save them from a guilty verdict he did save them in it and ensured that their greatest days of impact were on the other side of a guilty verdict.

"Of course this is equally true of Christ who was accused and convicted by the courts of his day and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story.

"Please pray that my family will find peace and strength in his perilous time through this guilty verdict."

You put Jeremy Corbyn in capital letters despite that Times article not mentioning his name once.

Well done, but next time you need to put it in bold capital letters increase the size, like this - JEREMY CORBYN

Maybe mention DIANE ABBOTT too

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
You put Jeremy Corbyn in capital letters despite that Times article not mentioning his name once.

Well done, but next time you need to put it in bold capital letters increase the size, like this - JEREMY CORBYN

Sorry that Diane Abbott was not mentioned , can't see the relevancy myself but I guess that you do .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

No not both of them in the same post , one of them is bad enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jailed for 3 months. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: & :lolol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
She was/is in fact my MP although I always vote for the party rather than the individual.
If ever a city needed a Labour MP it’s Peterborough, it’s such a shame that after finally getting rid of the previous Tory this had to happen. I do not understand why oh why anyone would not just admit to a speeding offence in the first place, we are all human and if we take our eye of the boil it can happen to anyone.
During these momentous Brexit times, enormously relevant to Peterborough, we now have lost our voice to in Parliament.
Not interested in how low people sink, but I am interested in personal responsibility to the people who trusted you to a privileged position.
Totally abysmal all round.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
She was/is in fact my MP although I always vote for the party rather than the individual.
If ever a city needed a Labour MP it’s Peterborough, it’s such a shame that after finally getting rid of the previous Tory this had to happen. I do not understand why oh why anyone would not just admit to a speeding offence in the first place, we are all human and if we take our eye of the boil it can happen to anyone.
During these momentous Brexit times, enormously relevant to Peterborough, we now have lost our voice to in Parliament.
Not interested in how low people sink, but I am interested in personal responsibility to the people who trusted you to a privileged position.

I think a city that voted by a large majority to leave the EU is unlikely to be voting for any party or individual that is seen to be trying to renege on the referendum result or promises made at the last General election.

Last edited:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Because they like to believe that they are above and better than the great unwashed. US.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here