[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Anyone could bat this story away.

How can Naylor know if Celtic are ‘considering’ a loan bid for Connolly or not? The story implies that they have not contacted our club so obviously AN’s sources will deny it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....on-connolly-celtic-move-brighton-ireland/amp/

I’d be very surprised if Connolly remains in the U23 squad next year. His form deserves a loan move or even a place in our cup squad/team.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to the BBC, it looks like there won’t be any incomings as predicted by many on this thread.

Brighton's fax machine is likely to remain switched off throughout January...

"I don't see us being too busy next month in terms of incomings," says Seagulls boss Chris Hughton.

"But we could see a few of our younger players heading out on loan."

Also, despite what AN says, the door is clearly open for Connolly to go out on loan.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The problem is Connolly is a free agent in June so as from Jan 1st can freely talk to anyone he wants whether the club like it or not ... I hope they persuade him to re-sign with us and then go out on loan but you just never know if his head can be turned by the likes of Man U and Man City who are also reportedly monitoring the situation.

According to this his contract expires in June 2020, though there is a question mark next to it. Where did you get your info?

http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...17-18-(Updated-per-February-PL-Squad-Listing)

edit: signed an extension last Dec apparently http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ensions-for-Jayson-Molumby-and-Aaron-Connolly

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
According to this his contract expires in June 2020, though there is a question mark next to it. Where did you get your info?

http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...17-18-(Updated-per-February-PL-Squad-Listing)

edit: signed an extension last Dec apparently http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ensions-for-Jayson-Molumby-and-Aaron-Connolly

I read it on a couple of websites linking with Celtic

"According to a report in The Sun the hoops have joined Manchester United, Manchester City and Hoffenheim in the race for the 18-year-old who is out of contract in June.

The Manchester clubs could offer Connolly a far superior financial package than Celtic but a move to the Scottish champions would provide a more realistic chance of first team football and the chance to play in the Champions League.

Brighton are desperate to get the Galway born striker to sign a new contract but his scoring exploits in the u-23 league and for Ireland’s u-19 squad has alerted other clubs to his availability."

so I am going on what I see on the screen , apologies if inaccurate

https://videocelts.com/2018/12/blog...ith-new-dembele-deal-for-18-year-old-striker/

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone could bat this story away.

How can Naylor know if Celtic are ‘considering’ a loan bid for Connolly or not? The story implies that they have not contacted our club so obviously AN’s sources will deny it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....on-connolly-celtic-move-brighton-ireland/amp/

I’d be very surprised if Connolly remains in the U23 squad next year. His form deserves a loan move or even a place in our cup squad/team.

Important for Andy Naylor to get it right though, he would lose credibility and look a bit of a twonk if he does end up at Celtic, would he not?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I read it on a couple of websites linking with Celtic

"According to a report in The Sun the hoops have joined Manchester United, Manchester City and Hoffenheim in the race for the 18-year-old who is out of contract in June.

The Manchester clubs could offer Connolly a far superior financial package than Celtic but a move to the Scottish champions would provide a more realistic chance of first team football and the chance to play in the Champions League.

Brighton are desperate to get the Galway born striker to sign a new contract but his scoring exploits in the u-23 league and for Ireland’s u-19 squad has alerted other clubs to his availability."

so I am going on what I see on the screen , apologies if inaccurate

https://videocelts.com/2018/12/blog...ith-new-dembele-deal-for-18-year-old-striker/

He's under contract for longer than that. [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will have the most accurate information, and I seem to remember has updating the squad contracts on his to-do list.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems Connolly did sign a new deal last December so is unlikely to be out of contract in June.

I suspect there is an even newer deal being discussed currently.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see Schelotto, Suttner or Barclay ( loan ) staying.

Burn joins next week, and perhaps Mathias Normann moves into the squad. Or he leaves. Make or break time looming for him.

So that leaves room for 1 incoming at least - Msakni if the rumour is true.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Get rid of schelletto (can’t spell), he can’t even be bothered to go to home games. Pathetic attitude.

Also try to offload suttner, hasn’t quite worked out for him. I’d send burns to Wigan for rest of season. Bring in a defender who can play centre back and another position.

And one attacking player in.

Loan out as many of the u23s as possible.

Upgrade centre mid in the summer. Offload knockaert in the summer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get rid of schelletto (can’t spell), he can’t even be bothered to go to home games. Pathetic attitude.

Also try to offload suttner, hasn’t quite worked out for him. I’d send burns to Wigan for rest of season. Bring in a defender who can play centre back and another position.

And one attacking player in.

Loan out as many of the u23s as possible.

Upgrade centre mid in the summer. Offload knockaert in the summer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see this happening if there is any truth in the rumours about the Tunisian winger.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Connolly to Celtic would be a bad move on a variety of fronts. Firstly as was seen years ago with Kayal and is still the case, their inability to keep players fit is there for all to see. Secondly they rotate their squad like no one else and Connolly would be lucky to get a game a month.
It might seem slightly perverse but if he went to Rangers, who apart from Morelos , don't have anyone to put the ball in the net, he would be guaranteed more game time and , I believe, would be mentored by a more competent manager in SG. Connolly being from Eire may of course not want to join Rangers.
My preference for Connolly and Gyokeres would be a loan spell at a Championship club with some sort of guarantee about matches to be played. Alternatively keep them in the U23s, get to the promised land of 35 points or so ASAP and then throw them into the first team for the end of season fixtures.

TNBA

TTF

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Can't see Schelotto, Suttner or Barclay ( loan ) staying.

Burn joins next week, and perhaps Mathias Normann moves into the squad. Or he leaves. Make or break time looming for him.

So that leaves room for 1 incoming at least - Msakni if the rumour is true.

Msakni has already signed according to wiki

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It seems Connolly did sign a new deal last December so is unlikely to be out of contract in June.

I suspect there is an even newer deal being discussed currently.

Goodness knows why any of the promising youngsters would want to sign an extended contract with the club when the first team manager (who has been here 4 years and looks to be here for the long term) has shown he simply won't play them in league and FA Cup matches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here