Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I just don't think it's defendable, irrespective of your personal view.

Falls into the same "give a shit" category as early leavers and people coming back late after half time.

As I say, it's not for me but if people are pissed enough to boo because we couldn't hold on to a 1-0 lead, at home, against ten men, then more power to them.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have thought for some time that the players don't actually like playing the way we do.
We have shown many times that when we do attack we are a dangerous side, with a good defence.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Well we’ve got to be level headed. I know it’s hard post game.

I think Hughton today was let down by some dreadful individual performances - Groß, Izquierdo in particular. But the team performance wasn’t bad.

It’s mental to be even suggesting replacing the manager. Stinks of Ipswich and McCarthy - a team punching above their weight and some fans too used to success. Staying up is and will be the goal for the next few seasons at least - if we make it. CH knows this, even if the fans have forgotten for now.

But that said, today was particularly dreadful and I really don’t understand why certain players weren’t replaced much much earlier when it was clear it wasn’t their day.

D

Deleted member 2719

I've been defending Chris Hughton's negative tactics up until today. Afterall they do win us points and have got us this far up the table to date.

However if we are going to establish ourselves as a Premier League we need to have an attacking strategy. Our attacking strategy at the moment is simply score from set pieces, or try to get the ball to Murray... It's not good enough.

Chris really needs to prove over the next few weeks that he has a positive attacking strategy. We need to capitalise against weaker teams (be it in numbers like today, or other relegation rivals) at home... scoring and then sitting back only invites the opposition to score, which has happened too many times this season already.

Chris Hughton IN for now, but his negative tactics OUT.

He has to be the most predictable manager of all time.

MOTD are going to rip into us tonight and rightly so.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
1 point is better than none , however to the tune of 'It should have been me' I find myself grumbling 'It Really Really SHOULD have been 3'

We should have been 2 to the good at least at half time , still not sure i saw it right but Gross didn't look anywhere near offside with the right fullback playing him onside by a country mile.

Second started OK but lets face it ... we were scarred stiff by the introduction of Vardy , we dropped back and conceded not only ground but possession for a good 15 minutes and never really got going again till it was too late after the penalty which I am undecided about , appeared Leicester player was already going down before Kayal got near him but I guess I would have screamed for a pen had it been reversed on one of our attacks.

Subs were OK with March for Knocky who had less effect as game was going on but for the life of me Andone was introduced too late & Locadia was just ridiculous bringing him on for 2 mins + stoppage time.

Moans out the way Leicester have proved they are a good team away from home this season but really should have been put to the sword before half time and the Vardy scare show.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If that is what we can expect for the rest of the season you can keep it. It's not for me
I could stomach that performance if we had been away but not at home and against 10 men. Unforgivable

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I've been defending Chris Hughton's negative tactics up until today. Afterall they do win us points and have got us this far up the table to date.

However if we are going to establish ourselves as a Premier League we need to have an attacking strategy. Our attacking strategy at the moment is simply score from set pieces, or try to get the ball to Murray... It's not good enough.

Chris really needs to prove over the next few weeks that he has a positive attacking strategy. We need to capitalise against weaker teams (be it in numbers like today, or other relegation rivals) at home... scoring and then sitting back only invites the opposition to score, which has happened too many times this season already.

Chris Hughton IN for now, but his negative tactics OUT.

This. Have never criticised CH until today but that second half was appalling. Tactics totally wrong. I’m not advocating going gung-ho against the likes of Chelsea, but today we played the majority of the match against ten men and spent the entire of the second half on the back foot bar the last 5 minutes. Poor management of the game and immensely frustrating.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As other’s have said, this result felt (well, hmmmmmm) inevitavlble... oh well :/ sigh...

If you had blindfolded me and put me in a sound proofed and darkened room and told me the result... i’d have been happy enough and blissfully unaware of the circumstances in which it was wrought.

Sometimes to be ignorant of the truth is truly to be happy.

Now we move on. Raking over this one probably isn’t worth the agony and effort.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I imagine there are a fair few Norwich supporters thinking “told you so” just now.

I don’t expect the impossible. All I want is a sense that we are progressing. Right now it feels like we’ve stalled, at best. Hughton has showed his gradual bedding in of new squad members in the past so I’ve not lost hope by any stretch but I do think it’s fair to feel a certain amount of unease about our trajectory without being branded a bedwetter.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
This. Have never criticised CH until today but that second half was appalling. Tactics totally wrong. I’m not advocating going gung-ho against the likes of Chelsea, but today we played the majority of the match against ten men and spent the entire of the second half on the back foot bar the last 5 minutes. Poor management of the game and immensely frustrating.

To be fair to CH ... Vardy scared the pants off the defenders & CH was telling the players to push forward not drop back ..... clearly seen doing it several times during the second half before they got the pen.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He has to be the most predictable manager of all time.

MOTD are going to rip into us tonight and rightly so.
Will they? We are 12th and 7 points above the drop zone......yes we are not playing well but we are not bottom three.....yet. Time to improve our performances when players start to hit form. Izzy...Locadia...all need to play their part. We are never going to set this league alight......slowly slowly catchy monkey. At least we are not beaten easily every game.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Will they? We are 12th and 7 points above the drop zone......yes we are not playing well but we are not bottom three.....yet. Time to improve our performances when players start to hit form. Izzy...Locadia...all need to play their part. We are never going to set this league alight......slowly slowly catchy monkey. At least we are not beaten easily every game.
Locadia ��������

D

Deleted member 2719

You know me mate I like to see ambition anyone can park the bus, believe in your defenders and in matches like this we should be taking the bull by the horns. We are in a false position IMO lets just look at the league after January.
I just don't not understand the mentality where it appears Hughton winds them down at halftime, why would you do that?

It's built in him and one thing the Albion fans needs to understand he is not prepared to change his style. Fortunately, I am not shelling out time and money to watch a negative side at home against 10 men.

Murray was hobbling about he didn't sub him to protect him and give one of the other lads a chance.

It's never going to change.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Our game plan seems to really impact the play of all the attacking players we bring in.

CH style means any naturally attacking players all of a sudden have to waste half of their game tracking back to build the ultra negative walls we love to build down back.

If I was a skilful attacking footballer I wouldn't want to come play here under this manager.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Locadia ��������

Who knows he may come good. What if he hit a 92nd minute screamer today.....all would look completely different on here. Yeah ok probably not going to happen but then there is Andone...he may hit form given the chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here