Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe the sad acts on this thread who have got so uptight about a throwaway comment on IKEA which had a smiley after it to show humour.

If you get that wound up over some flat pack furniture then you really should steer clear of a debate on a subject which has huge environmental and social impacts.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sounds a bit mad. What kind of impact are they concerned about?

I can understand their point marginally. The proposed road layout will mean you can only access Coombes Road from the eastbound A27 carriage, rather than being able to do a right turn from the westbound. I'm sure the road layout can be tweaked slightly, or even if not, many road signs will be put up to say how to get there.

But to say their future is 'at risk' is a tad on the hysterical side, to say the least.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can understand their point marginally. The proposed road layout will mean you can only access Coombes Road from the eastbound A27 carriage, rather than being able to do a right turn from the westbound. I'm sure the road layout can be tweaked slightly, or even if not, many road signs will be put up to say how to get there.

But to say their future is 'at risk' is a tad on the hysterical side, to say the least.

Unlikely to happen and agreed

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Local cycling clubs, users of Coombes Lane are all protesting again over the weekend. Got to admit, the road layout design really makes no concession for the large number of people that use the Shoreham toll bridge, and head out into Sussex using Coombes Lane. Perhaps it could be tweaked, but to get to this stage and not taken that into account is pretty poor. No excuse for spending £££1000s on traffic surveys and road design and not have a basic understanding of how the current junction is used.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
MFI made okay stuff, Ikea peddle cheaply made crap with amusing Nordic names to make them appear stylish....

MFI copied IKEA but before IKEA was known in the UK they got to peddle their crap first and from my experience with them MFI was ten times worse and there is a reason why they died.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
MFI copied IKEA but before IKEA was known in the UK they got to peddle their crap first and from my experience with them MFI was ten times worse and there is a reason why they died.

Didn’t MFI resurface as Wren Kitchens?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Local cycling clubs, users of Coombes Lane are all protesting again over the weekend. Got to admit, the road layout design really makes no concession for the large number of people that use the Shoreham toll bridge, and head out into Sussex using Coombes Lane. Perhaps it could be tweaked, but to get to this stage and not taken that into account is pretty poor. No excuse for spending £££1000s on traffic surveys and road design and not have a basic understanding of how the current junction is used.

I've worked with the project's transport consultants and they have a hugely detailed understanding of how the junction is used.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've worked with the project's transport consultants and they have a hugely detailed understanding of how the junction is used.

Their only survey of Coombes Lane was a Thursday, the junction has its busiest period for other road users at weekends. There are multiple points for a bike to get around but these are narrow and not very deep. On a busy roundabout this is going to effectively prevent non motor vehicles using Coombes Lane. Would be great to understand what consideration they have given as I’d be more than happy to play devils advocate with my cycling club that are leading the protest that will get TV coverage this weekend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn’t MFI resurface as Wren Kitchens?

Made in the U.K. too.

With many many complaints about workmen not turning up on time, or components missing. David Stockdale, on Twiiter, asking Wren kitchen where his work tops were, and not being able to contact anyone to speak to.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nah they've already decided no matter what protests

This could easily get refused at committee as many ‘recommended’ applications do. Councilors are notorious for bottling a decision on an application with heated local opposition - it’s their voters remember. Wouldn’t be that surprising if they refused it with the mindset of letting the Planning Inspectorate decide it’s fate - it’s what B&H tend to do on anything that needs someone to make a decision.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
With many many complaints about workmen not turning up on time, or components missing. David Stockdale, on Twiiter, asking Wren kitchen where his work tops were, and not being able to contact anyone to speak to.

Yeah we went to Howdens instead!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I can confirm that Wren Kitchens are horrendous to deal with. We had nearly 20 suppliers for a recent refurbishment and they were by far the worse.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This could easily get refused at committee as many ‘recommended’ applications do. Councilors are notorious for bottling a decision on an application with heated local opposition - it’s their voters remember. Wouldn’t be that surprising if they refused it with the mindset of letting the Planning Inspectorate decide it’s fate - it’s what B&H tend to do on anything that needs someone to make a decision.

The number of things locally that have just been waved through here despite objections ....maybe I'm just a cynical old git...but all the noises I hear locally mean it will get waved through ..maybe with a few scraps thrown to the locals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here