Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Happy St Georges Day

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The argument about why we dont celebrate it has been done to death , not interested in restarting it , lets just celebrate our national day today .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Happy St George's day one and all. Such a huge shame it is not celebrated across the country in a big fashion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
First I've heard of this today !

Which shows how little publicity it gets.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Given what else he's patron saint of, does that also make today International Syphilis Day?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The argument about why we dont celebrate it has been done to death , not interested in restarting it , lets just celebrate our national day today .

Indeed.

Any excuse for another day of celebration is fine by me :thumbsup:

Edit - and here is an example of Englishness to be utterly proud of:
Ronnie-O-Sullivan-869774.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Indeed.

Any excuse for another day of celebration is fine by me :thumbsup:

Edit - and here is an example of Englishness to be utterly proud of:
Ronnie-O-Sullivan-869774.jpg
Great post. All in favour of Corbyn's four extra Bank Holidays. I'd add a fifth - Ronnie O'Sullivan Day on 14th July.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
All joking aside Dave , ive seen him out , he is one arrogant , horrrible flash bstard.
Really? Given his background and life story I thought he'd be a self-effacing bookish type with interests in the environment and social justice...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
All joking aside Dave , ive seen him out , he is one arrogant , horrrible flash bstard.

A former flatmate of mine over 20 years back knew him, as he was going out with a girl on the same course as him for a time. He had the same opinion of Ronnie O'Sullivan as you.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Really? Given his background and life story I thought he'd be a self-effacing bookish type with interests in the environment and social justice...
I know plenty of people with a similar background to him , who arent in anyway like him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Indeed. Happy St George's Day to all English, Maltese, Palestinian, Portuguese, Georgian, Montenegran, Romanian, Catalonian and Aragonese folk.

And to the natives and residents of Freiburg, Germany; Newfoundland, Canada; Locrdonto, Genoa and Milan in Italy; Beirut, Lebanon; supporters of Corinthians Football Club in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the Hellenic Army. And a fair few others.

Apologies to those whom I've missed out.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Alright calm down you lot. In the interests of national (and NSC) togetherness I will stick up this pinnacle of all things English instead:

rayreardon.jpg

Someone for us ALL to get behind.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
St. George's Day words of wisdom from the main man himself - Gazza. :bowdown:

[tweet]988304230543917057[/tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills