Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Weird places to see Brighton support!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
At a Laurel & Hardy film convention in Amsterdam in 1991.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
1998 got stopped my a huge bouncer going into a night club in Barbados, I was wearing am albion polo shirt, I was a bit worried at first but in a carribiann accent he said "you like Brighton eh? Steve fosta wid dat ead band, great team" shook me by the hand and then let me in

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
1998 got stopped my a huge bouncer going into a night club in Barbados, I was wearing am albion polo shirt, I was a bit worried at first but in a carribiann accent he said "you like Brighton eh? Steve fosta wid dat ead band, great team" shook me by the hand and then let me in

That was me!!!!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Perhaps not entirely unlikely but watching out for a friend in the London marathon and spotted someone running in the stripes, greeting him with a hearty Ssssssssssssseaaaaaaaaaaaaaaguls and got a huge cheer and mssive smile from him around MM 16m

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Was up in Finnish Lapland well inside the Arctic circle about to go into a sweat lodge and spotted a guy in a dark blue Palookaville top. He got a salutary Ssseeeaaaguuuullls! Whereupon another bloke muttered "fecking Brighton fans get everywhere"... He was wearing a Palace hat. Bizarre as I only met one other English bloke while I was over there.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Bry Nylon World Tour Update

There I was minding my own business on Maui, when who should I bump into buy Bry bloody Nylon. It was a few years back, but who woulda thought it? That said, Top Fella who knows how to handle a pint or three. Marvelous scenes.

:clap2:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Don't visit the Mayflower "pub" in San Rafael, California. Full of old palarse tat.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Don't visit the Mayflower "pub" in San Rafael, California. Full of old palarse tat.

It's bizarre that, whilst travelling, I have seen many Brighton items (shirts, flags,scarves) in various bars around the continent, I have rarely seen any Palace memorabilia. Perhaps the Jestermen don't travel well? Perhaps they can't afford to? Perhaps bar owners don't want their establishments burnt to the ground?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The drummer in the band doing the half time Superbowl show about 7 or 8 years ago.

[yt]haCk5XFj1lw[/yt]

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It's bizarre that, whilst travelling, I have seen many Brighton items (shirts, flags,scarves) in various bars around the continent, I have rarely seen any Palace memorabilia. Perhaps the Jestermen don't travel well? Perhaps they can't afford to? Perhaps bar owners don't want their establishments burnt to the ground?

I was in Macy's in New York about 5 years ago and spotted a palace shirt on the down escalator. Gave me quite a shock . . .

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went into pub in Kent ( Burwash) it was full of Albion fans with flags on the wall.:nono:

Before Burrish Gull gets in here - actually Burwash is in Sussex and the pub you went into was The Bear which is I believe the unofficial HQ of Seagulls Over Burwash

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote around 2000 / 2001, standing at our hotel bar waiting to be served. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the bloke standing next to me was wearing a pair of Albion shorts.

Inside those shorts was none other than Oh Gary Hart. I stalked him and his fit missus for the next two weeks.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Three places:

Darling Harbour, again, although this was 1992. (Shirt)
Havana, Cuba, 1999, (Baseball Cap, to be fair a bit risky in those days looking too American)
Swindon .... this is brilliant, went for a buisness meeting, sat in office trying to think of areas I could start a more personal rapport with the guy and spotted a photo of the Goldstone

Was also sat in a bar in Tenerife when someone came up to me and started talking about the Albion, I wasn't wearing any colours or hats etc, seemed odd. Turns out it was a bloke who sits near me in Withdean and recognised me but didn't say for about 15 minutes, unnerving in the extreme!

Yoda

English & European
Ran into a lad in an Albion shirt in Sagunt just north of Valencia last summer.
Turned out to be a former language school student but he had never been to a match. :shrug:

Not the Spanish lad I had stay with me then, I took him to the Saints match in 2010. He loved it (even though it was 0-0). Still supports us even now as his English team.

Also noticed that a Thai student we had wearing a Brighton shirt in some of her facebook photos recently. :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ran into a lad in an Albion shirt in Sagunt just north of Valencia last summer.
Turned out to be a former language school student but he had never been to a match. :shrug:

This reminds me of when I went to Switzerland v Togo at the World Cup in Germany in my Albion shirt. Half time in the queue and a Swiss fan tapped me on the shoulder wondering how "we" were doing. Same sort of thing - former language student based in Brighton, but in fairness he HAD been to Withdean a few times. I ended up chatting about the Albion with about 10-15 Swiss fans in that queue. Never underestimate how much a lot of Europeans absolutely love British football culture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here