Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Will the nation 'come together again"? It will be interesting to see what Boris can do to achieve that.
Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]. It's all just a game to this fat c*nt. It is no skin off his nose whether it works out or not - he's done it, he's got to be PM. He doesn't have to think about job security and mortgages like the middle classes. Or worry about feeding his six children from his embarrassingly wreckless "relationships". And he certainly doesn't have to think about collecting food from food bankes, changes/cuts to the benefit system and so on. Instead, all he's done is promise tax cuts to the people who he most needs to get himself elected.

Personally, I am clinging to blind faith that enough MPs see him for what he is and pull the plug on his short tenure when his utter cluelessness materialises in genuine hardship and threatens to decimate his crap, out of touch party run by blue rinse simpletons and out of touch public schoolboy pricks. I reckon he'll be out beforr 31st October. The bloke is a MORON.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sounds like one of the grown-ups still knocking around has taken Boris to one side and told him a few home truths

EAD0cnwWwAAzozc.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sounds like one of the grown-ups still knocking around has taken Boris to one side and told him a few home truths

Ultimately regrettable as it might be, and I don't mean to make light of it, but I have to be honest and say having watched with fascination on Sky News 8000 miles away in 2011 during the riots - if it's going to happen, bring it on. Anarchy in The UK and the breakdown of civil society - I know I'll cope a damn site better than most of English nationalist leave voting Broflakes and Gammons who voted for Christmas as Turkey's and will cry to a 999 Operator because Waitrose and/or KFC is shut on Western Road.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Alan Duncan becomes the first of a few expected resignations from cabinet before Johnson is announced. At least three more to come?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ultimately regrettable as it might be, and I don't mean to make light of it, but I have to be honest and say having watched with fascination on Sky News 8000 miles away in 2011 during the riots - if it's going to happen, bring it on. Anarchy in The UK and the breakdown of civil society - I know I'll cope a damn site better than most of English nationalist leave voting Broflakes and Gammons who voted for Christmas as Turkey's and will cry to a 999 Operator because Waitrose and/or KFC is shut on Western Road.
Indeed. You have an advantage and can prepare now.

Think about your water supply and purification strategy.

Think about your food supply.

Think about your fuel storage strategy ( and whether you are prepared in advance to break the ridiculously low personal storage legal limits ).

Even think about a banking crisis, think about no internet, civil contingencies act.

Get some books and candles in. You may not be watching Love Island.

Being prepared never hurt anyone.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Think about your fuel storage strategy ( and whether you are prepared in advance to break the ridiculously low personal storage legal limits ).

Even think about a banking crisis, think about no internet, civil contingencies act.

Well, while we are looking at the downsides, farmers in Wales (many of whom - silly buggers - voted to Leave) are warning of civil unrest following a no-deal Brexit. (Given that a very large part of Wales receives the most 'generous' EU structural funding - which will all disappear if we leave even with a deal - one does wonder quite what they were hoping for.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49066465

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, while we are looking at the downsides, farmers in Wales (many of whom - silly buggers - voted to Leave) are warning of civil unrest following a no-deal Brexit. (Given that a very large part of Wales receives the most 'generous' EU structural funding - which will all disappear if we leave even with a deal - one does wonder quite what they were hoping for.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49066465

The result would have been entirely different if the realities of the situation were thoroughly explained, instead of the racist rhetoric and lies spouted by Vote Leave. I struggle to blame those who were sold a pup.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Trust me - I know M&S in Hastings and at the Ravenside Retail Park in Bexhill-On-Sea like the back of my hand. I also know M&S on Western Road in Brighton as if I'm a Professor in it from Sussex University - believe-you-me, if you want a bottle of genuinely cold Highland Spring (still, not sparkling) and a copy of The Times post 1400 hours in Brighton - forget it, 'cos it 'aint going to happen there. Additionally I've studied the Food Hall at M&S in Eastbourne, which mercifully has been left largely unscathed by The Arndale Centre becoming The Beacon and remains intact, at great length since the mid 1990's for just such an eventuality. If Operation Yellowhammer is going to be launched, the curfew hours will be respected by me, but M&S red wine, and the pebble beaches of Sussex will be mine. Obviously I will not condone panic buying leading to looting, but I feel this is a case of not so much 'when in Rome' but 'when in little England' and if it happens, I'm ready.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

You mean, primarily, women aged over 65. No age group voted more heavily for Leave. As opposed to women aged below 24, who voted most heavily to Remain. Polar opposites in a divided society as opposed to men, whose voting patterns were a lot closer together.
Get yer brollies and walking sticks out girls!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The result would have been entirely different if the realities of the situation were thoroughly explained, instead of the racist rhetoric and lies spouted by Vote Leave. I struggle to blame those who were sold a pup.

I can (kind of) understand this. But more mysterious might be the votes from those who thought they'd be (somehow) 'better off'. I just can't see the thought processes (calculations) that could have been behind this. Perhaps there simply weren't any Welsh Leavers who fall into this category! I guess - sheep/lamb industry aside - it's not that much different from the 'left-behind 'areas of England that did so. But the Scots and Northern Irish seemed to have more sense.

Wales votes to leave by a majority of just over 5%
Final totals: Leave 52.5% (854,572), and Remain 47.5% (772,347)
22 local authority areas in Wales - 17 vote Leave, five vote Remain
Turnout: 71.7% (1,628,075
)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Trust me - I know M&S in Hastings and at the Ravenside Retail Park in Bexhill-On-Sea like the back of my hand. I also know M&S on Western Road in Brighton as if I'm a Professor in it from Sussex University - believe-you-me, if you want a bottle of genuinely cold Highland Spring (still, not sparkling) and a copy of The Times post 1400 hours in Brighton - forget it, 'cos it 'aint going to happen there. Additionally I've studied the Food Hall at M&S in Eastbourne, which mercifully has been left largely unscathed by The Arndale Centre becoming The Beacon and remains intact, at great length since the mid 1990's for just such an eventuality. If Operation Yellowhammer is going to be launched, the curfew hours will be respected by me, but M&S red wine, and the pebble beaches of Sussex will be mine. Obviously I will not condone panic buying leading to looting, but I feel this is a case of not so much 'when in Rome' but 'when in little England' and if it happens, I'm ready.

I know some pretty high flyers in the food trade and plans have been in place for a long time. They have covered all contingencies for any disruption to the supply chain and are ready. There will be no panic buying unless you are the sort of idiot who thought joining the Euro was an economic necessity and that the global computer system would crash when we reached 2000.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Too many of them just won't accept facts though, and are far more concerned in getting their way.

D

Deleted member 22389

I know some pretty high flyers in the food trade and plans have been in place for a long time. They have covered all contingencies for any disruption to the supply chain and are ready. There will be no panic buying unless you are the sort of idiot who thought joining the Euro was an economic necessity and that the global computer system would crash when we reached 2000.

Thanks for the sensible post, amongst this madness today.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You mean, primarily, women aged over 65. No age group voted more heavily for Leave. As opposed to women aged below 24, who voted most heavily to Remain. Polar opposites in a divided society as opposed to men, whose voting patterns were a lot closer together.
Get yer brollies and walking sticks out girls!

No, I mean ordinary people, irrespective of how they voted in 2016 if they even did, who wont embrace the 'blitz spirit' / put up with having their lives ****ed over by Boris Johnson and whatever fellow, English, public school, right wing, Brexit backing ****wits he puts in his cabinet, who I'm sure will all have their sleeves rolled up, 'believe in Britain' and think it's all jolly, tremendous good fun, and close their eyes thinking of Winston, hiding under the wool sacks on the train, sneaking into Portuguese East Africa and hiding from Johnny Foreigner and thinking the spirit of Baden-Powell at Mafeking will see us through, because there'll always be an England etc.

(I've been to Mahikeng by the way - it's worse than Folkestone or anywhere in Kent - trust me)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

bagdad-bob.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Sympathy for those who were conned. Contempt for the con-men who did it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here