Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20190718-202920_Chrome.jpg

Was GP interviewed in a 1970s themed pub, given the wallpaper :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Porkey Parry trumps Alex Scott all day long.

Barber is "depressed" about transfer fees? Better get himself signed off work then if he is that ill. Maybe the job isn't really for him?

No use getting depressed about transfer fees Paul. It is what it is and you should have realised that long before now.

And is "depressed" really the word to use? "Fed up" or "bloody miffed" maybe but depression is a clinical condition and for our CEO to use the word in such a context is out of order really. Maybe some day he will find out what being depressed is really like

Stop being a spacker.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hopefully the Moose is talking his usual exaggerating and shit stirring hyperbole/lies.

If the Albion fail to sign PL first team quality; ACM, RB and possibly a striker, the club are in deep poo. Potter may be an innovative, attacking coach, but the poor bloke will be left with essentially the same first team with those glaring inadequacies not dealt with.

Why go down with £50m in the bank, when you could’ve invested to stay at the top table (£105m TV money every season)?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just how many transfer windows will have to pass before Barber-Out finally realises footballers are expensive?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Just how many transfer windows will have to pass before Barber-Out finally realises footballers are expensive?

And how many transfer windows now is it that you make the point SB that Albion won’t pay the “going rate”.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And how many transfer windows now is it that you make the point SB that Albion won’t pay the “going rate”.

Errrr none.
I don't believe I ever have.

The transfer windows are a lot of things:-

Over inflated, expensive, in a bubble, depressing, ever increasing, basically downright stupid.

But the one it's not and never ever has been is surprising.

Hence the question.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Errrr none.
I don't believe I ever have.

The transfer windows are a lot of things:-

Over inflated, expensive, in a bubble, depressing, ever increasing, basically downright stupid.

But the one it's not and never ever has been is surprising.

Hence the question.

Sorry SB . i'm sure that a common trope on here has been Albion aren't prepared to pay the "going rate" for strikers and that explains our "poor" performance in that area.
But if thats not you then apols.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry SB . i'm sure that a common trope on here has been Albion aren't prepared to pay the "going rate" for strikers and that explains our "poor" performance in that area.

Apology accepted.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

There is a disconnect between Albion’s perception of value and the market rate but personally I stand by any decision the board makes.

No matter how frustrating it seems to a certain % of the fan base the reality is that if the transfer fee £X, plus signing on fee £Y, plus wage £Z is then amortised AND is over our ‘level’ we simply wont budge.

I’d rather we pursue a strategy of investing in younger talent, at the going rate where we can, and looking to develop them and progress with the club than risk all on a Lorente type player just to secure another season at the top table but I get the expectation from some quarters to do the opposite...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
There is a disconnect between Albion’s perception of value and the market rate but personally I stand by any decision the board makes.

No matter how frustrating it seems to a certain % of the fan base the reality is that if the transfer fee £X, plus signing on fee £Y, plus wage £Z is then amortised AND is over our ‘level’ we simply wont budge.

I’d rather we pursue a strategy of investing in younger talent, at the going rate where we can, and looking to develop them and progress with the club than risk all on a Lorente type player just to secure another season at the top table but I get the expectation from some quarters to do the opposite...

Since when have wages been amortised?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

Good shout.
Bournemouth as a club is a good example. They sign talented young British players (Brooks, Ake & Cook) and then develop them into the finished article.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good shout.
Bournemouth as a club is a good example. They sign talented young British players (Brooks, Ake & Cook) and then develop them into the finished article.

That's Dutch international Nathan Ake? The point remains though, they are very good at nurturing talent. And having the confidence to actually play them. They're talking about signing Jack Butland, which would be ideal for them. They build a squad very diligently, although expensively. Butland would be £20million from Stoke which is crazy for a goalkeeper. They don't tend to make many signings each window, but usually splash a bit of cash on the ones they do bring in.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The legendary Moose Incorrect. He's a pantomime FOOL who is robbing a living as a 'journalist' from Talksport has been at Brighton this morning, speaking to Paul Barber and GPott. Just been on the excellent Jim White show Incorrect. The Jim White show is merely a vehicle for someone who loves the sound of his own voice so much, it's a miracle anyone else gets a word in discussing his observations and findings.

Said PB found this summers transfer window as "depressing", they are very frustrated with the inflated transfer fees they are being asked to pay but they are doing their very best to bring a further signing or two possibly in before the window slams shut.

Also GPott wasn't upset with rumours linking our top players to bigger clubs, 'it's part of football' and he's just getting on with his job and no heads have been turned in the playing staff, will continue to do his best for Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

Bit of a heated debate in the studio between Whyte, Alec Scott and Glen Johnson over the quality of Duffy and Dunk. Whyte described them as one of the best in the division, Scott agreed but Johnson said individually there was plenty better in the league but as a pair they were solid Fair comment.

Good work Crodo; reeled a few in

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here